Normal Topic George's Victims (Read 3313 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box spark
New User

George's Victims
Jul 15th, 2005 at 4:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
realgy wrote on Jan 22nd, 2005 at 3:43am:
I spent a week reading and re-reading Chapters 3 and 4; practiced my breathing and even recorded test questions and "answered" them. The big day came today and I failed the test, miserably according to the poligrapher, who was a complete a------ from the start. After hooking me up and watching my breathing, he shut the machine off and went in to a tirade that I was purposely manipulating steady breathing which was not normal. I feel that sealed my fate with this jerk right off the bat; I wanted to look at the specific questions I missed and he said I'd have to pay additional $10 for that (the damn thing already cost $350). I used the proper CMs on the CQ's and the RQ's but to no avail I guess. The only conclusion of this is that this was, as they called it, a clinical polygraph, for which they can judge what kind of treatment I need, which of course means more $$ in their pockets.

I think to provide a fair and balanced approached to this public site we need to also document all of George’s victims.  Those of you who read George’s book, applied your countermeasures, and then it got slapped back in your face this spot is for you.  You can post your grievance here.  Also, of significance, those of you who were actually innocent of the crime or had every intention on being truthful during a pre-employment test, etc.  Here’s a spot for you to give warning to your future counterparts on how George threw you under the bus with his promises.    

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Re: George's Victims
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 5:07am
I wish I had known about this site before I took my polygraph with a federal agency. I believed the polygraph worked, that is until I told the truth about everything during mine and FAILED. All it takes is a little research to find out that polygraphy is a total sham.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 3:52pm
spark wrote on Jul 15th, 2005 at 4:47am:
I think to provide a fair and balanced approached to this public site we need to also document all of George’s victims.  Those of you who read George’s book, applied your countermeasures, and then it got slapped back in your face this spot is for you.  You can post your grievance here.  

Spark,
I think you’re way out of line on this.  Anyone who has a grievance is free to post it on this site, and some people already have.  Anyone who feels that the advice in TLBTLD is bad and hurt them in some way is free to post messages to that effect on this board.  I have not seen any negatives posts get deleted.  There are lots of messages on this board which are openly hostile to this site, its members, and its founders.  Some of your posts fall into that category.  Yet all those negative posts are still there and you can, if you wish, take the time to go through them and read them all.

George has provided an open forum for all discussion regarding the polygraph, from people that want to ban it altogether to people that think it is somehow representative of the United States itself and to speak badly about it is intrinsically un-American.   

What a pity that the message board at PolygraphPlace.com is not open in a similar fashion.   

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 6:51pm
Spark wrote:
Quote:
I think to provide a fair and balanced approached to this public site we need to also document all of George’s victims.  Those of you who read George’s book, applied your countermeasures, and then it got slapped back in your face this spot is for you.  You can post your grievance here.  Also, of significance, those of you who were actually innocent of the crime or had every intention on being truthful during a pre-employment test, etc.  Here’s a spot for you to give warning to your future counterparts on how George threw you under the bus with his promises.      

Yes and also the persons that the polygraph has thrown under the bus both on a criminal and employment basis.  Sure there are persons who attempt counters and it doesn't work much the same as persons who are honest and don't "pass" the exam.  Hey, Spark, maybe you could develop the very first anti-countermeasures sight devoted solely to those against the use of CMs.

Please enlighten us all as to the basis of your unwavering belief in polygraphy.  Arrogant beliefs are always very interesting.

By the way, this site provides information regarding countermeasures, but if you dig a little deeper you will find that this site endorses telling the complete truth during a polygraph examination regardless of the consequences.  Personally, I won't use CMs because I do not have access to a polygraph "instrument" with which I could see the charted reactions.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 7:13pm
I am truly sorry that you suck at using Countermeasures

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 8:07pm
Bill Crider wrote:
Quote:
I am truly sorry that you suck at using Countermeasures 

Bill,

Not sure who that was directed toward, but since it follows my post without addressing someone else, I assume it was directed toward me.  I don't know if I suck at using counters because I have never tried to use them.  Also, at this time I have made a decision not to use them including reasons I do not wish to discuss on a public board.  To be clear, I do not advise using or not using counters as it is  a decision that must be made by the examinee.  As mentioned, without the use of a poly-machine to see the charted responses I personally am not comfortable with my abilities to use CMs.

You have stated that you "failed" four polys: 3 with the FBI and one with a retired FBI examiner.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember your mention that you did not use CMs.  Any particular reason you did not?  Would you use them now given your experiences?

If I have perceived your post more seriously than you intended, I apologize.  As you know there is not the benefit on a message board as speaking with someone in person.  Besides, it would not be the first time I have been called "Francis."     Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 5:02am
actually, the response was for the first guy who tried to use CMs and got busted.

and if i had it to do over again, after failing the 3rd one, I would have bought my own poly equipment, perfected the CMS and used them, and then re-sold the equipment. But I had no intention of half-assing a CM attempt after reading a book. I had seen my chart, the poly is very sensitive. I think it would be hard to know if your technique is good without practicing and seeing what your attempts look like on an actual chart.

IP Logged

George's Victims

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X