Normal Topic I need help passing a polygraph test (Read 4859 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lacimehc
New User

I need help passing a polygraph test
May 23rd, 2005 at 8:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Well my relationship is on the line and she wants me to take a test.  I've downloaded and read everything I can find, but I'd like to find someone that owns a machine that I can actually test at.  I'm just really scared that even by reading everything about it I will still fail the test.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Re: I need help passing a polygraph test
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2005 at 9:10pm
If your with someone that forces you to take a polygraph test I think you need to question the realtionship not the test. Obviously there are trust issues and the polygraph will be the least of your worries. DON'T TAKE THE TEST!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2005 at 10:17pm
anxietyguy wrote on May 23rd, 2005 at 9:10pm:
If your with someone that forces you to take a polygraph test I think you need to question the realtionship not the test. Obviously there are trust issues and the polygraph will be the least of your worries. DON'T TAKE THE TEST!

Thanks for your response, I don't have to take the test!!  It's already over  Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2005 at 10:26pm
Sorry to hear that although you may be better off finding someone that actually trusts who you are, and not rely on an invalid machine.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2005 at 4:04pm
anxietyguy wrote on May 23rd, 2005 at 10:26pm:
Sorry to hear that although you may be better off finding someone that actually trusts who you are, and not rely on an invalid machine.

A number of people have told me this, and I'd like to agree with them, but I can understand where she is coming from.  I have lied to her numerous times in the past, and now I did again, only this time what I did was even worse.

The reason I've brought this back up was because she called me and said that she would still like to be with me, but only if I take the test.  Knowing that I will fail the test I had a few questions.

1) Is there a certain type of test it will likely be? CQT, DLCT, etc.
2) If I've read correctly, when the control questions come up I should try and get my heartbeat up, sweat oh my fingers, etc. as much as possible?
3) Are there any other things I should be aware of?
4) Are there any special things I should do before or during the test? I've heard biting your tongue, and doing math in your head helps you, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks for any assistance.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2005 at 4:29pm
You really should take people's advice here.  Passing a polygraph (which you may be able to do if you correctly use CM's) won't be the best thing for your relationship.  She's obviously hurt by what you did and continue to do (not judging, but based on your post you admint to lieing and she demands a polygraph to see if you are truthful).  She obviously thinkd what you've done is pretty serious.   

God luck working things out with her.  But I'd stay away from a polygraph.  Even if you pass, what does it really prove?  If your relationship is at the point where you are lieing and she is demanding a polygrpah, passing a polygraph won't help.

So my unsolicited advice:  (echoing anxeity guy) "DON't TAKE THE TEST" 
and..
STOP LIEING TO HER (if you want a healthy relationship)

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2005 at 5:41pm
Jeffery wrote on May 27th, 2005 at 4:29pm:
You really should take people's advice here.  Passing a polygraph (which you may be able to do if you correctly use CM's) won't be the best thing for your relationship.  She's obviously hurt by what you did and continue to do (not judging, but based on your post you admint to lieing and she demands a polygraph to see if you are truthful).  She obviously thinkd what you've done is pretty serious.  

God luck working things out with her.  But I'd stay away from a polygraph.  Even if you pass, what does it really prove?  If your relationship is at the point where you are lieing and she is demanding a polygrpah, passing a polygraph won't help.

So my unsolicited advice:  (echoing anxeity guy) "DON't TAKE THE TEST" 
and..
STOP LIEING TO HER (if you want a healthy relationship)

Jeffery,

I appreciate your input.  From what I have read on here and TLBTLD, I've concluded that the lie detector is a total waste of time.  Unfortunately she doesn't think this way and is totally convinced that it is correct 99.99% of the time.

I've already begun counselling to correct my problem with lying to her, and from her exact words "by passing this test we can start on a clean slate."   

I've decided that this is the person I want to spend my life with and am willing to change my ways for that.  If I tell her I won't take the test then she is going to think I am lying about it all.  It seems to me my only options are leaving, or taking the test.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2005 at 7:14pm
I'm not sure I understand your situation fully here.  Either you pass (get lucky with CM's etc) and you have bogus polygraph results that you believe will strengthen your relationship?

Or you fail, (as you should) and she uses your failed polygraph to end things.

You don't need help beating the polygraph.  You both need some sort of relationship counseling.  I doubt you'll find good counseling of any sort here.  What do you hope to gain by passing a polygraph when you really deserve to fail?  You need to address the other problems in your relationship.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2005 at 8:03pm
generally the people on this board have been screwed by the polygraph and wont be sympathetic to you trying to actually lie to your girlfriend and get away with it.

IP Logged

I need help passing a polygraph test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X