Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) up coming voice analyes (Read 10477 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box googlybear
New User

Re: up coming voice analyes
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2005 at 2:46am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Yes I did and thank you for that hook up.It's just that they have us all goin crazy and pointing fingers. I don't believe these test can tell if a person is lying that is something only God knows. This company has had me hide deposits when another manager left them out has had me make the safe short on purpose when the other manager did not sign off on the safe when she left for the day. My opion was since there was 3 of us in charge of the safe that day it should be paid back by the 3 of us. But... they won't listen they say the makes them believe your admiting to guilt. that is not the case I am admitting to not taking the deposit to the bank first thing in the morning and leaving it in the store for some one else to take.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2005 at 3:25am
The police just now questioned me today he said he could ask but not insist and that it would clear my name. whatever. My employer says it was not the police who want it but my employer I was asked by my employer what I has said to the investigator and what he had said to me. Thats when I was told it was mandatory

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2005 at 4:14am
darkcobra2005 wrote on May 17th, 2005 at 3:18am:
If they are using CVSA simply tell them no in a respectful manner.  

Why respectful?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brandon Hall
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2005 at 4:48am
Darkcobra makes a valid point:

Quote:
If the police are requesting the CVSA or Polygraph, EPPA does not apply.  It only applies to Employers.

This point is very true.  Also, the point that you can simply refuse the test either way no matter who initiates the request.  I have been advising based on the information you have written, which is the test is at the request of your employer.  Any scientific study of CVSA refutes the claims of its manufacturers.  I imagine (if I am incorrect please correct me) that the police involvement is at the request of your employer since they have the equipment to administer this farce.  That is no matter, make them do the investigative work necessary to determine who stole the money.

Do you know if your employer has filed a criminal complaint?  Or, has everything remained "in-house?"

IP Logged

New User

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2005 at 5:00am
Not sure no charges have been filed I know they filed a report or asked for advice the police will not conduct the cvsa it is a county office or something officer said all he could ask was would i consider it but that he could not make me take it I just don't understand alot of it and I don't believe these stupid machines are the answer

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill Crider
Very Senior User

Reply #20 - May 17th, 2005 at 6:44am
what you need is a lawyer, not this forum.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #21 - May 17th, 2005 at 7:55am
darkcobra2005 wrote on May 17th, 2005 at 3:18am:
If the police are requesting the CVSA or Polygraph, EPPA does not apply.  It only applies to Employers.

Even if it is the police who request the lie detector "test," the EPPA still prohibits the employer from taking any action against the employee for refusing to submit to the "test."

Quote:
CVSA is not a polygraph and you should request polygraph if any test is going to be conducted by law enforcement and state your reason if you have one.

Since neither voice stress analysis nor polygraphy have any scientific basis to begin with, there is no compelling reason to prefer one over the other. Anyone suspected of a crime would be wise to refuse to submit to such pseudoscientific nonsense.

Quote:
Law Enforcement generally does not require you to take a test, 5th amendment rights do apply.  They simply request you take it.  If they are using CVSA simply tell them no in a respectful manner. 

I agree, with the addition that it doesn't matter what kind of lie detector is used (CVSA or polygraph): anyone suspected of a crime would be wise to refuse. As used by police, the "test" is often little more than a pretext for interrogating a suspect in the absence of legal counsel.

Jeffery asked why one should refuse the lie detector in a "respectful manner." The reason is simple: when one is wrongly suspected of a crime, antagonizing the police is not likely to help to clear one's name. I think one can explain that one knows that lie detectors are junk science and still be polite.

Googlybear,

By telling you that the lie detector "test," was mandatory, your employer violated the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. Pillpopper is right; you need a lawyer.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2005 at 8:36pm
i called one local office they did not know what EPPa was tol me to call federal office who in return told me to call local office a great system we have in these here United states.
Besides whatever happen to innocent UNTIL proven guilty. They have no idea what happen to the money that is why they have come up with this crappy joke of a test hoping they can catch someone being a little dishonest and pin it on them

IP Logged

New User

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2005 at 8:40pm
I got in touch with someone at our local labor office she told me they could not fire me for not taking the CVSA other than that she was not much help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chargetolie
New User

Reply #24 - May 17th, 2005 at 11:43pm
The EPPA Law regarding your inquiry.  Key words are "reasonable suspicion, ongoing investigation and economic loss".   Also the employer must furnish you with a written statement that specificaly details the reason for their "Reasonable Suspicion" that you were in some manner involved in their economic loss.  Please consult the attorney in your area that handles labor cases.  They will inform you what you should do.   

(d) Limited exemption for ongoing investigations 
Subject to sections 2007 and 2009 of this title, this chapter shall not prohibit an employer from requesting an employee to submit to a polygraph test if - 
(1) the test is administered in connection with an ongoing 
investigation involving economic loss or injury to the employer's 
business, such as theft, embezzlement, misappropriation, or an 
act of unlawful industrial espionage or sabotage; 
(2) the employee had access to the property that is the subject 
of the investigation; 
(3) the employer has a reasonable suspicion that the employee 
was involved in the incident or activity under investigation; and 
(4) the employer executes a statement, provided to the examinee 
before the test, that - 
(A) sets forth with particularity the specific incident or 
activity being investigated and the basis for testing 
particular employees, 
(B) is signed by a person (other than a polygraph examiner) 
authorized to legally bind the employer, 
(C) is retained by the employer for at least 3 years, and 
(D) contains at a minimum - 
(i) an identification of the specific economic loss or 
injury to the business of the employer, 
(ii) a statement indicating that the employee had access to 
the property that is the subject of the investigation, and 
(iii) a statement describing the basis of the employer's 
reasonable suspicion that the employee was involved in the 
incident or activity under investigation. 

IP Logged

up coming voice analyes

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X