Normal Topic CIA Response Time (Read 4954 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NateTook
New User

CIA Response Time
May 3rd, 2005 at 4:41am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I live in New York CIty and have recently applied to the CIA for a DO position.  The website says that if I don't hear anything in 45 days then I do not meet any criteria they are looking for.  However, my background is almost custom tailored to the job description--military, graduate school, foreign residency, language ability, etc.  It has been about 60 days now and I am a bit bummed I have not had a response.   
My questions are:
#1 Could the delay be more due to a backlong in applications rather than me not being qualified?  I would be interested in hearing from people in the northeast area who have applied and been contacted.

#2 I would prefer a DO position but would also be inclined to work with the DI.  Might I be getting looked at my other parts of the agency before being contacted or will my application be solely for the DO?

Thanks in advance to anybody who replies.  I would also be interested in hearing some general experiences and observations on hiring since President Bush issued the Executive Order to increase the DO and DI.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ruckover
User

Re: CIA Response Time
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2005 at 1:43am
Response to Question 1) How did you apply?  Through the website or another channel? If it was through the website and you have not been contacted then I would say its not necessarily a bad sign.  If through another mechanism such a recruiter, contracter, or current employee, than it would be a bad sign b/c those are usually acted on quickly.  

I applied through a former colleague for the DI.  I was contacted two weeks after she submitted my CV about an online writing exercise.  I passed that, then had a formal interview one month later in D.C.  I got through that was extended a conditional offer of employment 1.5 months later.  I then reported for the poly and other items, passed those, and was told 2.5 months later that my offer was official.  Total time from start to finish: 5.5 months.  

Response to Question 2) I was considered for both the DI and the DO but was told that I had to pick one.  If accepted for that one after completing the background check and other processing steps and I then decided that I wanted to go to the other,  I was told that I would essentially be required to start from scratch (poly and background check aside).  It would seem that the processing for each group is relatively independent.  
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2005 at 10:27am by Ruckover »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box opp
Senior User

Re: CIA Response Time
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2005 at 10:03pm
It is fairly faster when a recruiter pulls your application. After I submitted my application, it took about two weeks before I got a call from the agency. If you get a call, be prepared for a long and frustrating process. So far, everything has gone well for me but I know that everything can collapse with the poly examination. I know a recruiter that can actually expedite the process but I can't help because we are being watched by the poly examiners on this site. Don't give many details about your application on this site.

IP Logged

CIA Response Time

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X