Normal Topic Questions (Read 1774 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box deadleg
New User

Questions
Mar 28th, 2005 at 8:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had a few questions about the polygraph procedure.  I read about control questions and countermeasures but I'm still a little skeptical.  Would flexing your anal muscle during a control question really affect how the test goes?  And if you do that during a control question, wouldn't you look like you're lying during the control question and fail the exam?  The thing is I told the complete truth recently and failed the exam.  I really don't know how that happened and I find out tomorrow if I get a retest which I was told was basically 50/50.  I admitted to doing something and I was asked if I told the complete truth which I did, but when he asked I was really ashamed of it.  Would that be why I "reacted" to it?  Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Re: Questions
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2005 at 10:13pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
I read about control questions and countermeasures but I'm still a little skeptical.  Would flexing your anal muscle during a control question really affect how the test goes?  And if you do that during a control question, wouldn't you look like you're lying during the control question and fail the exam?

The muscle contraction would not affect how your test goes but rather your physiological response in relation to the particular question posed.  The countermeasure is not designed to make you look like you are lying.  It is a voluntary augmentation of your physiological response.  In a CQT, the control question is the "measuring stick" to which a relevant question is scored.  Therefore if your response to a relevant question is less than that to a control question you are deemed truthful.

Keep in mind that the physiological responses recorded by the polygraph machine are not associated stricly with purposeful deception but a myriad of emotions.  The responses can be shown from anger, surprise, apprehension, sensitization, etc.  

The decision regarding your approach to a retest is soley yours.  Whether you apply countermeasures or not, I wish you luck.

IP Logged

Questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X