Normal Topic So Long, Farewell, etc. (Read 1984 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

So Long, Farewell, etc.
Feb 28th, 2005 at 10:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Today marks the end of February 2005, the month of the Sphincter on AntiPolygraph.org.  I never promised you a rose garden.

This site has simply lost its entertainment value for me.  I traded quips and jibes with PG111, Marty, Nunyun and a couple of other likeable people.  I regurgitated with George and the other regurgitators on this site until regurgitating lost whatever appeal it once had.  I spiced up this site with humorous, spiteful remarks until I grew bored with them.  Fielding weak pop flies from people even less knowledgable than the inexperienced George and Co. has grown wearisome.

Hopefully I have been a welcome voice of reason, a welcome opposing viewpoint on this previously dull site.  But now I must go.  George and Co. can go back to scaring little boys and girls with legends of the boogeyman of polygraph, and then tuck them in with fairy tales.  They can go back to dispensing their Dr. Poole's Marvelous Elixer for the Curing of Divers Maladies and Afflictions--their placebo.  They can gradually or quickly delete traces of the Sphincter until there are no traces.

In short, it was fun, but it has become tedious.  Thank you, and goodbye.   Smiley

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Re: So Long, Farewell, etc.
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2005 at 10:35pm
anythingformoney wrote on Feb 28th, 2005 at 10:20pm:
Today marks the end of February 2005, the month of the Sphincter on AntiPolygraph.org.  I never promised you a rose garden.

LOL!, (had to toss that in), the produce of anal sphincters is certainly conducive to a healthy, vital rose garden.

Thank you for some pro-polygraphy perspective. Anyone who drinks their own bathwater too long loses perspective. I only wish there was a site where balanced, honest debate with broad participation by both sides existed.

George's comes closest, but he does have his expressed agenda. Doug's site has quite a different agenda though at first blush may appear similar.

Polyplace seems to allow some discussion so long as one stays off any detailed description of control question issues and doesn't denigrate polygraphy.

For now, my bet on the most neutral and objective party is the National Academy of Sciences' pov.

marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PG111
User

Re: So Long, Farewell, etc.
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 6:58pm
  No don’t leave, I have been busy at work and not had the time to post lately. But I have dug out my old research from my thesis, and would like to continue the discussion.

IP Logged

So Long, Farewell, etc.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X