Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1089643 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box barbara

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #495 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 9:35pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
THe MMPI-2 has a copyright for a reason, as it is not supposed to be exposed to the general public without interpretation from a mental health professional who is trained in the administration of the test.  It is also NEVER appropriate to put the actual questions about there because it decreases the integrity and validity of the test.  I am disheartened, as a psychologist  to see this out there, particularly from a lay person.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Copyright infringement

Reply #496 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Just so all you idiots know. The MMPI and just about every other psychological test used for hiring purposes has scales on it that detect people trying to fake a certain profile. 

So not only is posting those 75 questions a violation of copyright law but it'll get you nowhere because any psychologist worth their salt will be able to tell you weren't answering honestly. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John Shannon

Reply #497 - May 2nd, 2016 at 10:31pm
I took this piece of voodoo crap in the 1950s and I still remember one question:

"Are you still afraid of doorknobs."   

Give me a break!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #498 - May 6th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Quote:
I took this piece of voodoo crap in the 1950s and I still remember one question:

Give me a break!

What is that question supposed to detect?   Huh

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OfficerShrinkyou

Reply #499 - May 15th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Quote:
For any people to whom have responded, if you need to read this to "secure yourself" for a test to become an officer. Why? Why do you need to know what is on the test to prepare? You shouldn't have to prepare for a test that shows you will be mentally stable to be an officer. If you feel you need to "prepare" you just may not be stable enough to have this job. And for the person who posted... I sure hope you're not a cop in my neighborhood.. Why would you give a heads up on a test so people can research answers that they may not be true to them? That is how we have cop riots and shooting issues. Testing people, passing tests because someone gives answers they are not truly experiencing and are not stable for this job to begin with. Shame on you.

My response is a bit late.

I know great police officers who have failed this test when applying to agencies, whether it's for better pay or specialized position, and fail. 

Police officer's have certain ticks, traits, and psychological characteristics that may be weird or "abnormal," but compliment their job well.

Checking their surroundings, watching people's hands, glancing at the door to see who's entering a bar & grill, not one to drink often, or drink with a select few friends / family.

Things that may appear as introverted or even trigger the Schizophrenic scale/code, when in reality they need to be prepared to help others in the event something bad happens. 

"Man suffers heart attack or Man chokes to death,  off duty Police officer too drunk or having too much fun to help. "

We understand less about the human brain than we do the planet Mars. 

When it comes to the Police Officer mentality or thought process the answer is always "It depends." not True or False, right or wrong, good or bad.

I've come to discover that "It depends" happens a lot in law enforcement. And officers are forced to make calculated risks. 

I remember being drilled by a shrink on the question
Are you afraid of water

I said no "False."

For some reason he wanted me to expand on why. The firs thought that came to mind when I answered it was, how ridiculous would it be if I was afraid of water, I couldn't go outside if it rained, or shower, and seeing as we drink it... outlook wouldn't be good. 

I was applying for boat patrol at the time. It was later told to me that I was risk due to my lack of fear of snakes, water and few other things.

I'm afraid of sharks? maybe a tsunami... it depends on the water, what's in the water, what the water is doing at the time...

a GOOD police officer candidate doesn't do well with black and white, true and false. That's why so many fail this test.

You're patrolling the docks, and approach some one you observed earlier jumping wakes on their jetski. Upon approach the person, identify yourself and reason for contact. You then proceed to issue a citation, however, at that point you observe a capsized vessel sinking. You are the only one working that beat... do you write the ticket or dismiss and move to help?

The answer here is obvious... but how would you do it?

This was an actual question I had to answer in a written exam.

Before I finished reading the question I had already calculated what courses of action I would take. All of them dependent on location, distance, time, and resources available. 

How far is the vessel, how many people could possibly need saving, was I assigned a boat or vehicle that could traverse the water? if so how far away is it? How far is the nearest boat patrol? 

if you have absolutely nothing? Advise dispatch > ask if the Jetskier could take you along with some floatation devices and rope out to them > let dispatch know you are heading out with floatation devices etc.

Do you enjoy reading mechanic magazines? Depends on the issue, as I don't enjoy magazines much at all, unless I'm pooping or waiting in the doctors office. 

I'd take a National Geographic Magazine over a Mechanic Magazine, but if I'm hungry... I'll pick a cooking magazine over the two... 

Would that risk showing up as impulsive? What about "this 500 question test sure is long, and I'm starting to get hungry."

The best way a person can answer these questions is truthfully. It usually works out... HOWEVER... I strongly encourage that psychologists open up their perspective a little bit when interpreting the results. What may be abnormal behavior for a civilian may be perfect behavior for a good police officer.

The process is long and hard. And yes, Police Officers are creatures whom "Prepare," it's a required trait. 

Obtain 60 college credits or an associate's degree ( some places require bachelors degrees), put yourself through the police academy... that's $3,000 and just raised to $5,000 of your own personal money... take the written exam, physical agility test, panel interview, background investigation, chief or sheriff interview. Some departments require a polygraph. If you make it through all that, then comes the conditional offer. Conditional meaning if you pass the psych, and drug test you get the job.

This is where the frustration sets in. One psychologist decides whether or not that person get's the job. Some one they never met before. A person who proved themselves in the police academy by taking 40 written exams, thousands of push ups and sit ups, waking up every day for 3 months at 6 am to show up to PT before getting a head full of constitutional law and traffic theory, who more than likely moved away from family and friends and are secluded in a hotel room for the entire duration...

All of the sacrifice the candidate has to make on top of their family, colleagues, and friends.

Only to be told that they exhibit too much or too little of personality from a certain code and are failed out of the final stages of the hiring process. On a test that exclusively looks to identify "abnormal" human behavior, of which is interpreted by more than likely abnormal humans?

It's the last step in the hiring process, and therefore bound to cause frustration for many.

Hopefully I offered some insight as to why.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OfficerShrinkyou

Reply #500 - May 15th, 2016 at 4:59pm
[/quote]On a test that exclusively looks to identify "abnormal" human behavior, of which is interpreted by more than likely abnormal humans? [/quote]

This quote is taken from a Psychologist's website who offers an Online MMPI test.

"I'm a highly diversified, wise, and hairy primate... and also a self-taught polymath & genius above the IQ measurable maximum who found it opportune to consume his best professors. My childhood saw dedication to mathematics, statistics, and, at 6 years old, I began a never-ceasing love affair with global Financial Markets & the fields of Finance & Economics (both Macro & Micro). At 14, I took to programming, learning how to write HTML code in Notepad (yes, Notepad!), and to reading as much poetry as I could get my hands on, along with historically invaluable classics such as The Praise of Folly by Erasmus of Rotterdam and The Prince by Machiavelli, books that no one placed in my hands. But I never gave up on or suspended being social.

My loyalty is to people, not to ideas, but my information filter is calibrated to only let in data, wisdom, & understanding. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, I graduated from the best secondary school on this island and obtained two of the top results for that year on both college entry exams taken in the island, without studying for either; thus, I left to study Psychology at New York University as a Draper Scholar, and later earned two distinct postgraduate degrees in Philosophy and Cognitive Science from the University of Chile financed by the World Bank and the Government of Chile through the National Commission for Research in Science and Technology (CONICYT). 

If this site's color scheme freaks you out, consider that that was my exactly my intention. Infrequent experiences are remembered longer and with more detail than frequent ones"

The last statement, from a law enforcement standpoint, makes me uneasy, almost borders malicious aforethought.

And Psychologists like this guy fail good police candidates for being "Weird."

Right...
Grin

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #501 - May 18th, 2016 at 2:57am
Quote:

Give me a break!

Is that known as "portaphobia"  ?? Smiley

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Assessing you

Reply #502 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:53pm
You guys are all stupid. You can't fool the MMPI no matter how much you study. We psychologists can see right through you. There are also validity scales that show us when you're faking good or bad.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Cassandra Velasco

Reply #503 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 12:34am
The test is obviously biased against anyone with artistic abilities or  unusual skills. If you really are a singer, BEWARE!  the test may  even be intentionally designed to weed out artistic people  from common "day job" employments due to a supposition that they are flighty, undependable, more interested in their fancies and fantasies than in settling down into a humdrum job.
    Many of these true-false statements pin the test-taker into  damned if you do-damned if you dont  admissions especially the intrusive and humiliating  ones about  bathroom habits.This stuff is on the level of "Do you still beat on your wife?" in which either a yes or a no is incriminating.
     I am really discomfited to learn that such a test is being administered to applicants for police work and other jobs where human lives are at stake. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Cassandra Velasco

Reply #504 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:15am
Dear Psychologist: At some point, secrecy about this test may turn you and your fellow  professionals into witch doctors. The more secrecy about it, then the   greater your belief  that it is infallible. The witch doctor part is your advantage, abetted by this secrecy, that an individual loses all rights when dealing with your profession, and can be inveigled or even forced into testifying against himself.  This secrecy  is completely tossed when it is in  the psychologist's advantage to do so; as regarding the results of  this test and its interpretation by "qualified  evaluators" to either assist or to  injure the test taker.  If you make  submitting to such tests a requirement for being CONSiDERED for an employment which may make or break and applicant's career, then this turns the test-taker into a human guinea pig, a lab rat trying to find his way through a maze, and he will respond accordingly.If you are being paid to use this device to put labels on people,  then you are abusing your authority and indeed a witch doctor, a shaman who wants to be paid for imposing  taboos.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #505 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:57am
Quote:
If you make  submitting to such tests a requirement for being CONSiDERED for an employment which may make or break and applicant's career, then this turns the test-taker into a human guinea pig, a lab rat trying to find his way through a maze, and he will respond accordingly.If you are being paid to use this device to put labels on people,  then you are abusing your authority and indeed a witch doctor, a shaman who wants to be paid for imposing  taboos.

Thought provoking. Maybe you should start anti-mmpi.org?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #506 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:47pm
Quote:
If you are being paid to use this device to put labels on people,  then you are abusing your authority and indeed a witch doctor, a shaman who wants to be paid for imposing  taboos. 

In the polygraph field, there are some principled operators who refuse to conduct pre-employment, PCSOT or fidelity "testing" for essentially the same reason.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #507 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 10:50am
Ex Member wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:57am:
Quote:
If you make  submitting to such tests a requirement for being CONSiDERED for an employment which may make or break and applicant's career, then this turns the test-taker into a human guinea pig, a lab rat trying to find his way through a maze, and he will respond accordingly.If you are being paid to use this device to put labels on people,  then you are abusing your authority and indeed a witch doctor, a shaman who wants to be paid for imposing  taboos.

Thought provoking. Maybe you should start anti-mmpi.org?

Sign me up as a Charter Member of "anti-mmpi.org" when you have launched it!  lol  Wink

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #508 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 10:52am
Quote:
The test is obviously biased against anyone with artistic abilities or  unusual skills. If you really are a singer, BEWARE!  the test may  even be intentionally designed to weed out artistic people  from common "day job" employments due to a supposition that they are flighty, undependable, more interested in their fancies and fantasies than in settling down into a humdrum job.
    Many of these true-false statements pin the test-taker into  damned if you do-damned if you dont  admissions especially the intrusive and humiliating  ones about  bathroom habits.This stuff is on the level of "Do you still beat on your wife?" in which either a yes or a no is incriminating.
     I am really discomfited to learn that such a test is being administered to applicants for police work and other jobs where human lives are at stake. 

The same is also true of weeding out introverts, non-conformists, and individualists!     Wink

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kenneth Birdow

Reply #509 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:25pm
I need more information about passing the mmpi 2 test, please contact me by email

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X