Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam (Read 1094970 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sanaro

Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
Reply #555 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 7:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
this test is a joke I've taken it 25 years ago and "passed" Some friends and I went to another city took the test as police applicants again and "Messed" with it they passed us all again... Also, when cop's boss's are pissed and we havent broken "P&P"  they can send us again. I was sent and I  asked the guy giving the test if I was "ok" to go back to work.He said yes by the way l.o.l. I say the best way is to go in and be truthful if you fail and your a police officer you get disability. lmao should have "F ed" with them and gone home.   Cheesy Tongue

Sorry, but you completely fabricated the law enforcement application portion of your (yes, 10 year old) post.

The MMPI is not scored on individual answers to individual questions.  Each question is included in one of the validity scales.  For example, question 1, 15, 30, 45...every 15th question is on the L "lie" scale.

The key to the scales depends on the statistical evaluation of millions of test scores.  They end up with an average score, over the millions of tests, for each scale.  Your score for each scale is measured against the key.  Do you fall in the 1st Standard Deviation (or 2nd SD - it depends on what industry is conduction the test)?  If you do then 67% of all people tested fall within your range.  If you attempt to give the answer you think they are looking for on individual questions its very likely you will test outside the acceptable range and be rejected.

For law enforcement the scales are made up of the millions of people who have applied for law enforcement positions and taken the MMPI.  Because that experimental group is a sub-group of the general population its normal scale is somewhat different.  You have to test within the 1st SD of that sub-group.

BTW:  I'm using Standard Deviation loosely here.  It is a normal measurement technique used in statistics but an industry might choose some other method of scoring a validity scale.  But the general theory still holds - trying to outguess the test based on individual test answers will usually backfire.  Its the overall score, not answers to individual questions, that count.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box VisionQuestion

Reply #556 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 6:01am
[quote author=003F393E6A2B392123242D4A0 link=1109032158/358#358 date=1301277368]For those that have the most accurate answer:
38   65 100 

LW5 Lachar-Wrobel Critical Items - Deviant Thinking and Experiences 427 True I have never seen a vision. 

I answered question 427 as true, and then at the bottom of the test it said deviant thinking!? 

Is this a coding error? Do most normal people see visions? Why was my true answer flagged as 

LW5 Lachar-Wrobel Critical Items - Deviant Thinking and Experiences?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box VisionMissing

Reply #557 - Mar 10th, 2022 at 6:04am
I have never seen a vision. Why does the test say that I have deviant thinking!!

Question 180 was a typo (see image).

Is something wrong with the coding for question 427?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box movietheaters-MMPI4

Reply #558 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 6:33am
For the MMPI-4, what about a lie question,

“I have never downloaded or streamed a movie in a manner that violates federal copyright law.”

Who goes to movies and sneaks in? I would not sneak into a movie, but if I answered as such, I would be flagged as a liar. Thus, I must lie to be considered truthful. Aren’t movie theaters outdated as a general question for all persons?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BitchPlease

Reply #559 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 11:20am
Seems to me rejection of a local PD applicant based upon MMPI results that doesn’t include a contextual interview is not even actually a valid MMPI result but is a conceivable shortcut, no matter how unfortunate.  I’m pretty sure rejection with a contextual interview doesn’t guarantee one is in the range of desirability for applicants at Quantico and Langley, but as no effective hiring employer wants to solicit undermining rebuttal to their objective decision not being told what scales concerned them (disqualified you) leaves you in the position of probably not imagining if they won’t take you perhaps the feds might but I’m here to tell you responses to the dozen or so psychopathy-scale questions seen as exclusionarily determinative at a bank with a perfectly clean background report indicate someone who won’t objectively evaluate the morality of orders presumed to be in their particular group (so here country of citizenship/nationality) interest because it’s a competitive and calculating personality type that will rationalize its disinterest in mutual prosperity by claiming since pursuit of such a strategy puts one at risk of being victimized by the other party’s potential insincerity beating them to it with one’s own corruption is thereby justified… so unless this individual is suffering burnout and beginning to question how beneficial following orders has been to themself they just assume orders in service of their own country are moral enough/more moral because that’s an extension of self interest and ultimately their only criteria.   

I’m not pointing all of that out in judgment nearly so much as I am Aware of the rejection by a lesser agency sort of counterintuitively implies one wouldn’t need the standard for a more authoritative one.  And also because that’s what “PSYCH1“ isn’t telling y’all while she’s getting her sick sadistic kick out of hiding behind a test calling out people exhibiting traits she’s pretending hasn’t made them (many of y’all) easy targets for projective displacement (she is displaying behavior consistent with other traits in the very same cluster and getting off on the perception of authority her greater working knowledge and familiarity with the instrument confers, but Pearson doesn’t need a spokesperson and outside of memed clichés  about being drawn to it to figure out personal problems if psychology did she wouldn’t be nearly as flattering a choice as she seems to think).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BitchPlease

Reply #560 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 12:46pm
I don’t see how to edit on this forum so I’ll just reply to myself as a workaround. A person busily attempting to be a type of prophet can never figure out that all prophets are false.  Some of us are disinclined toward that possibility for needing them as our crutches and others for needing to believe that our own is or will be the right or best one… and still others for the unacknowledged dream of possibility even being one.  Anyone enlightened enough to figure out that there’s no god no afterlife and no free will (and that the intention behind any action is the only thing that matters and has to be because it’s the only sphere in which all individuals regardless of how much or little objective truth our subjective views perceive maintain complete autonomy always) isn’t pushing a magical message people want a prophet to bring anyway but with the understanding that the absence of free will is not equivalent to the meaninglessness of intent (it’s an acknowledgment that our intention is inescapably at the mercy of an unquantifiable degree source and nature of others’ intentions so no decision against pursuit of mutual goodwill is every rational) I’d like to point out allowing some test result to bait oneself into an obsessive need to change that test result rather than somehow integrating whatever it might point out as an area for introspection is the very type of tendency (externalizing approach) that leads people to make up devices of conscience and ego said to offer guaranteed third-party forgiveness and deferral of punishment and reward into imaginary next lives for injustices in this one (and tolerate pseudoprophet  abuse from the likes of  Psych1).   

Conflating faith in the test with mislaid overreliance on the result is analogous to making it a type of god.   And allowing it the power to inspire or prompt one to unprincipled action it’s predicted they will choose over finding some way to roll with it is the very essence of free will being a myth.  That’s not an excuse to reject principle, it’s the reason to reject embracing anything else (or anyone else’s).

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mansi

Reply #561 - Jan 22nd, 2023 at 7:53am
Please share scoring and interpretation of this

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Verax

Reply #562 - Jan 22nd, 2023 at 5:28pm
To obtain a list of the questions ask on the MMPI-2 and to have them scored (after answering), follow the instructions here:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1666189245

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ED

Reply #563 - Nov 10th, 2023 at 2:11pm
Why is it not mandatory for the sexual offender assessment board to administer the MMPI-2 during there court ordered assessment to determine if a person truly has mental abnormality and personality disorders. The first thing the judge ask is did you evaluate the defendant, and the reply from the soab is we are not required to test and our assessment is done verbally. Your fate is determined by opinion and not by fact. I always thought that any case that comes before a court is based on fact not opinion. :-[

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X