Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Counter Measures Detection Chair Pad (Read 14108 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Re: Counter Measures Detection Chair Pad
Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 4:14am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Oh, I've seen them, George, and I've tested them on myself and others.  They DO work, and very well.  Have a nice vacation.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Carrottop
New User

For PG111
Reply #16 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 3:59am
PG111,

What exactly did you mean by "I now know that if you give them everything on controls you will fail. "

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #17 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 3:56pm
Strap on a thick kotex pad and slowly apply the squeeze. That will foil the seat sensor.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 4:35pm
Cheesy  That's a good one.  Just make sure you use the little tape strips properly, or it'll be painful when you pull out those pubic hairs!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 11:56am
LOL, at least no one has yet suggested sticking a tampon in their sphincter to foil the test.  I think the day that happens I will really lose my faith in humanity.

Then again if you work in LE long enough  you are bound to see it all, so who knows.

Quote:
8-10 weeks to be a polygraphist is a joke, as you most likely already know. 

320-400hrs of training is a joke?  It really is not that complex to run the polygraph or learn how to interview people.  If anything they have made it that long to add credibility to their trade.

Heck, in most states EMT's need only 120 classroom hours and 20 clinical hours to run an ambulance and their job is SAVING lives and dealing with the plethora of human conditions out there.  So in reality a polygrapher receives 3 times the training an EMT does and you think it isn't enough?

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 2:34pm
All that training and they still can't figure out the truth, you tell me.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 3:42pm
Yes, it's a lot of training, Dimas, especially at the Federal level, where they get 14-15 weeks of training, including conducting polygraphs on mock crimes in a lab setting every day.

Of course, training alone will not make a good polygrapher.  That's like taking 60 hours of Spanish credit--unless you are immersed in the language and using it in a real-world setting, you'll never really become proficient.

Actually, running a polygraph machine is NOT that easy.   There are a lot of things to be looking at and making sure of before, during and after each question.  After awhile, it's like driving a car, but just think about how you were the first time your daddy or the drivers ed instructor let you get behind the wheel.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PG111
User

Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 1:53am
  I still think 560 clock hours is no where near enough, polygraph school should be Masters Degree level meaning 120 credit hours for the Bachelors degree and another 35 hours or so for the Masters. After that at least 200 real tests as an apprentice with a seasoned examiner, having complete oversight to toss out the exam if it was incorrect.

Most people with that level of Education will not want to work for what an examiner makes. Kentucky State Police polygraph examiner makes $30,000.00 a year sorry no thanks for me, they have mostly old retired police or military people that really don’t care.  The professionalism is just not there, I also meet a couple from Tenn same thing for them. I hope they are not the same every where. The ones I have ran across would rather tell war stories than work. I maybe the same 20 years from now, I may be missing some thing as I have only been an LEo for ten years.

This is off the Kentucky Personal cabinet wesite check it out at http://personnel.ky.gov/2400cs/2433.doc

COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY
CLASS SPECIFICATION

CLASS TITLE:  POLYGRAPH EXAMINER II
TITLE CODE:  2433      GROUP:  AUXILIARY LAW ENFORCEMENT
SELECTION METHOD:  100% QUAL      REV. 08-01
NO. OF TEST QUESTIONS:  
SELECTION ID:  5269     SALARY:  (MIN-MID)  $2470.50 - $2980.00  GRADE:  13
SPECIAL ENTRANCE RATE:  No
POSITIONS IN THIS CLASS GENERALLY REPORT TO:  POLYGRAPH SUPERVISOR
PRIMARY USER AGENCY:  DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #23 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 3:07pm
Sad, sad, sad.  It is a lot of training for not a lot of pay, while dealing with a lot of ignorant people.  Kind of like being a high school teacher.   Wink

IP Logged

Counter Measures Detection Chair Pad

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X