Normal Topic MUST you 'use' the countermeasures? (Read 4343 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FBW
New User

MUST you 'use' the countermeasures?
Jan 13th, 2005 at 8:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello guys, and thanks for the site

A little history..
Ive taken 2 poly's in the past 3 years (LEO hiring process) and both were passed. The first time, the examiner and I shared the same political views... and before the test even started, he told me "Oh, you'll do FINE then..."  lol. Passed no problems.. Same with the seccond poly....

Anyways... Back then I used Doug Williams 'book' before I went in for the poly. I made the decision that I OWNED the test and that I wouldnt let it kill my chances to be a LEO. I also made the decision that I was NOT going to lie at all....

So for both poly's, I didnt 'deploy' the tounge biting, the 'stinger' or any of that.. I did make sure I was producing a 'normal' breathing patern though. I also tried my hardest to think about NOTHING the entire test.

My question is... Is this good enough? Sure I passed 2 polys this way.. But would you advise I USE the countermeasures in the test??

Ive got a poly and psych coming up again VERY soon.

Sorry if this post bounced around a little.. Im tired!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: MUST you 'use' the countermeasures?
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 6:18am
As your experience shows, it is possible to pass a polygraph examination without using countermeasures. But given CQT polygraphy's complete lack of validity, I would personally not leave things to chance.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box FBW
New User

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 6:49am
Thanks George.

I am more stressed out/nervous about this test than I ever have been for ANYTHING else.. 

The agency says they dont rely solely on the poly for its hiring. I still think a false fail will ruin my chances.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AnalSphincter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:51am
If I were in your shoes, and I had passed two polygraphs by being honest, I wouldn't mess with what worked.

People on this site have an agenda.  They either failed polygraphs and now bitch and moan about it, OR they have read and believed what they read on this site and have become so freaked out about what they read that they now feel they can no longer pass a polygraph without trying to mess with the exam.  Do what worked for you, and don't become one of these bitchers and moaners unless you fail an exam and can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say you didn't lie to one of the relevant issues on the exam.

If you passed two polygraphs before, don't freak out just because some of these people believe they know what they are talking about.  Although you may have irreparably freaked yourself out now, I still suggest you stick with what worked until it fails you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PG111
User

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 2:00am
Anal how many polygraph exams have you run.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 3:41am
PG111 wrote on Feb 14th, 2005 at 2:00am:
Anal how many polygraph exams have you run.  

Your question has dual intent.  If I answer that question on its face value, I will have answered too much on another level.  Although they truly don't worry about or put much value in the agenda or views of the hosts of this website, there are those in the audience who frequent this forum because they share my love of good entertainment.  They want it to remain a good show, and I'd hate to disappoint them.  In other words, I'd rather stay in costume and not be left naked on this stage.

Suffice it to say that I know what I'm talking about through real-world experience, not simply my extraordinary ability to regurgitate the findings of others.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeffery
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 5:42am
anythingformoney wrote on Feb 14th, 2005 at 3:41am:

there are those in the audience who frequent this forum because they share my love of good entertainment.  They want it to remain a good show, and I'd hate to disappoint them.  

I must say the entertainment level has indeed gone up since you arrived.  This site seems to welcome open discourse on polygraphics (I like that term you shared in another post).  Comments aren't censored here.  I wonder if we could have these same conversations on a pro-poly site?
Quote:

In other words, I'd rather stay in costume and not be left naked on this stage.
Something we can appreciate and respect.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2005 at 4:41pm
Glad you like the show.  Tell all your friends.  I'm in town til Friday.   Smiley

Yes, I'm glad you liked the term "polygraphics."  I was hoping you'd notice.   Wink

Is there a pro-poly site?  It would be very unbecoming for polygraphers to have a site where they all sat around and gloated about the successes of the polygraph.   What would be the purpose?  In the real world, polygraph speaks for itself anyhow.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PG111
User

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 12:44am
http://www.polygraph.org/ is a pro-polygraph site do some reading its full of misinformation

Division IV: Code of Ethics 

4.2 Standards for Rendering Polygraph Decisions
4.2.1 A member shall not render a conclusive diagnosis when the physiological records lack sufficient quality and clarity. This may include, but is not limited to, excessively distorted recordings possibly due to manipulations by the examinee, recordings with insufficient responsivity, or recordings with tracing amplitudes less than that generally accepted by the profession

4.4 Restrictions on Rendering Opinions
4.4.1 A member shall not provide any report or opinion regarding the medical or psychological condition of the examinee for which the member is not professionally qualified to make. This shall not preclude the examiner from describing the appearance or behavior of the examinee. Polygraph outcome decisions shall be restricted to only those based on polygraph data.

4.11 APA Oversight Authority
4.11.1 A member who administers or attempts to administer any polygraph examination in violation of the Code of Ethics or the Standards of Practice may be subject to investigation, censure, suspension or expulsion from the Association, as provided by Article IV of the APA Constitution.

Anal have you ever heard of an examiner getting in trouble. 
Not one case in Kentucky in the last ten years, its hard to believe huh. These guys are just like attorneys they cover for each other. Anal have you ever heard of an examiner getting in trouble. 
Not one case in Kentucky in the last ten years, its hard to believe huh. These guys are just like attorneys they cover for each other.

Oh I have access to the news letters of the KPA and the APA.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 4:36pm
Thank you for the information.  I'll check that out.  Smiley

IP Logged

MUST you 'use' the countermeasures?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X