Normal Topic Interview and Tour (Read 1660 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box halfpathan
New User

Interview and Tour
Sep 15th, 2004 at 1:36pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had my interview and tour of the place I will be working, I still have the medical and psych exams to complete, do you think they really want to hire me since they have already gave me a tour of the place where I will be working?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: Interview and Tour
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2004 at 12:49am
Of course they do.   

Almost every law enforcement agency is hurting badly for people.  When I interview people for my dept.  I want them to pass it, but I am also not just going to give them the job if they are going to be incompetent at it.

At my dept.  applicants are usually afforded the opportunity to tour the installations prior to going through the entire testing process.  We do this to "weed out" those who really have no idea what the job entails and only applied because they saw the add in the paper and we pay more than they are making now.   

The medical and psych are pretty expensive (about $1000.00 dollars at the dept I am at), so if you are at that point, they really wouldn't waste that kind of money on you unless they were really serious about hiring you.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Re: Interview and Tour
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 5:21am
Dimas,,,,questions for you if you wouldn't mind.
I am applying at diff PD's to be in the crime lab..I am a forensic chemist.

Both pd's that I am going to in the next few weeks have set up 3 day sechedules for me which include interview, phsyical, background and poly.

Is this a normal procedure when having an applicant come in for a job?

IP Logged

Interview and Tour

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X