Normal Topic What exactly IS an ELECTRO-DERMAL RESPONSE?? (Read 1279 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box COREST
New User

What exactly IS an ELECTRO-DERMAL RESPONSE??
Jul 15th, 2004 at 5:53pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had to take a poly because I am on probation and the only question on the poly that I "reacted" to was the one asking me if I had taken any illegal drugs.  I was told I had an electro-dermal response, but my breathing and blood pressure were ok.  I actually looked at the chart.  How do electral dermal responses work?  I really was telling the truth on all the questions so I think it's funny that I scored an "inconclusive" on that one, let alone any, but it's funnier because I've NEVER done any illegal drugs.  So now I may have to write a paper on WHY I may have responsed to that question.  I honestly don't recall thinking anything except listening to the questions and answering like we had gone over so many times before.  Maybe if I better understood electrodermal responses, I may be able to track down why I had one?
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2004 at 12:12am by COREST »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: What exactly IS an ELECTRO-DERMAL RESPONSE??
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 4:26am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
the fact that you and probably 99% of the population have no idea what electrodermal response is, would most likely be why he is telling you that you are displaying a response in that area.

Remember, the poly is used mainly as an interrogational tool to get people to willingly confess to something.  Much like the old cop line "well your friend is in the other room and telling us EVERYTHING"  Your friend is probably just as quiet as you, but they are attempting to deceive you into making a confession.   If you indeed were truthful, then the polygrapher is most likely just fishing for something, and usually they will come up with something.  People have it in there nature to want to come clean and often will with a bit of encouragement.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

What exactly IS an ELECTRO-DERMAL RESPONSE??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X