Normal Topic Can I get a job?? (Read 2139 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest

Can I get a job??
Jun 19th, 2004 at 2:16pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I stole a lot of things ex.  food, colegne, condoms, toys, money and other small items.  None of the thefts ever amounted to a lot.   But I did commit a lot of them.  I too also went into a house with some friends and my friends took something but I didn't.  I have used someone elses ATM with permission but took $20 for myself. I have had some bad arguements with ex-girlfiends where I once pushed a girlfriend after she pushed me.  I have blocked a doorway while in an arguement to prevented someone from leaving while in the argument.  I have yelled and used profanity towards people.  I have stolen money from work and stolen items.  I did cheat in college and in highschool.  I have done prank call on people.  To me this stuff was all basic juvenile stuff, and was done due to imaturaity...but maybe im wrong??  The last time I committted any offense was 8 years ago....when I was 20 or 21....im now 28.  I think this is everything I have done

Does anyone think I would have a problem getting a job if I am 100 percent truthful.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NeutralObserver

Re: Can I get a job??
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 8:42pm
Quote:
I stole a lot of things ex.  food, colegne, condoms, toys, money and other small items.  None of the thefts ever amounted to a lot.   But I did commit a lot of them.  I too also went into a house with some friends and my friends took something but I didn't.  I have used someone elses ATM with permission but took $20 for myself. I have had some bad arguements with ex-girlfiends where I once pushed a girlfriend after she pushed me.  I have blocked a doorway while in an arguement to prevented someone from leaving while in the argument.  I have yelled and used profanity towards people.  I have stolen money from work and stolen items.  I did cheat in college and in highschool.  I have done prank call on people.  To me this stuff was all basic juvenile stuff, and was done due to imaturaity...but maybe im wrong??  The last time I committted any offense was 8 years ago....when I was 20 or 21....im now 28.  I think this is everything I have done

Does anyone think I would have a problem getting a job if I am 100 percent truthful.  

I hardly think crimes committed at age 21 qualifies as "juvenile stuff".   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 11:04pm
While you may have indeed changed for the better, the problem is that no matter how much time passes they will still look at what you have done and done and done.  The problem I can see is that you did not just do the things once, but exhibited a pattern of committing illegal acts.  The main area of concern is definitely going to be the fact that you committed a few of these not as a juvenile, but as an adult.  Also, don't expect them to look kindly on the "domestic violence".   

It really is a pity that we cannot truly look into a man's soul to determine if he has changed.  I have seen many men who had somewhat turbulent and illegal pasts make very good officers, but they are often the minority, as those with pasts tend to repeat similar behavior patterns throughout their careers.  LIABILITY, that is what it comes down to.  The Dept. that hires you assumes liability for your actions and should you repeat one of the said behaviors in your post as a LE officer then they are to blame, because they already had evidence of this behavior in your past.  Lawsuit most cities can't afford them and won't take a chance on one.

Sorry, but I really think your chances of getting hired are slim to none.  Then again they are higher if you tell the truth, than if you lie and get caught.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2004 at 9:43pm
dimas wrote on Jun 19th, 2004 at 11:04pm:
While you may have indeed changed for the better, the problem is that no matter how much time passes they will still look at what you have done and done and done.  The problem I can see is that you did not just do the things once, but exhibited a pattern of committing illegal acts.  The main area of concern is definitely going to be the fact that you committed a few of these not as a juvenile, but as an adult.  Also, don't expect them to look kindly on the "domestic violence"..........................................  

Sorry, but I really think your chances of getting hired are slim to none.  Then again they are higher if you tell the truth, than if you lie and get caught.

Dimas, 

I don't believe it.  For once we are in complete agreement!!

Kona

IP Logged

Can I get a job??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X