Normal Topic am I still in the running (Read 1995 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stout

am I still in the running
Jun 3rd, 2004 at 9:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I tested for a local police dept about 2 months ago. I was placed in band 1 and promptly directed to the police dept for a backround interview. I handed in my personal history statement and all the necessary documents. My BI told me they needed to hire 2 officers in the next 3-4 weeks and the backround investigation would be an expedited one. I have'nt heard a thing and none of my employers have been contacted, so I'm assuming they never started my backround. Am I supposed to receive a letter if I was DQ'D, or do they just leave you in limbo. My BI told me I would be DQ'D for any little lie, but I didn't lie about anything. I wish they would let me know one way or the other. It would be the polite thing to do. My BI said they would also be hiring 4 more officers by the end of the year.

Thanx
stout

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: am I still in the running
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 9:25am
Welcome to the wonderful world of LE hiring and the LONG wait between every step.   

More than likely what happened is that there were candidates ahead of you and they got the jobs.  Then again a multitude of things may have happened.   The process takes a long time and there are definitely long periods in which they do not tell you anything.  On the plus side no news is good news, so keep in there and be patient.

For future reference when they say 2 weeks it is usually 4, 1 month can be 2-3 and so on.

Good Luck

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stud
New User

Re: am I still in the running
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2004 at 9:38am
Thanx Dimas, I appreciate the support. I recently called my BI, the call was forwarded to the sarge. He called me back and said my PHS was given to another BI and the backround investigation has begun. They need two recruits by AUG and SEPT. Hopefully I'll be one, and I can get going on the awesome career of a police officer.

Law enforcement, what an incredible job. I work out a lot and stay in good shape. I just hope I'll still have at least 3-4 days a week to pump some heavy iron in the gym after I graduate from the academy. I know I'll be working some long days once I graduate. Whatever it takes, I'm gonna make sure I work out at least 3-4 days a week so I can stay big and strong, and keep the bad guys at bay.

Thanx again for the help
Grin

IP Logged

am I still in the running

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X