Normal Topic STATES THAT DON'T REQUIRE POLYGRAPHS!! (Read 15280 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Natasha

STATES THAT DON'T REQUIRE POLYGRAPHS!!
Apr 25th, 2004 at 8:03pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Only respond if you have the answer to my question.  I don't want any ugly responses.

My fiance was wrongfully accused of a sex crime (long story) and he recieves polygraphs every couple of months.  We were trying to find out about states that don't require polygraphs for sex offenders.  These polygraphs have proved to me that they are not accurate and it hurts knowing my future husband could end up sitting in jail for something i knew was a lie.  Please respond and help if you have any information.
Thank You    ??? Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: STATES THAT DON'T REQUIRE POLYGRAPHS!!
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2004 at 12:42am
Natasha,

Was your fiance wrongly accused of a sex crime, or wrongly CONVICTED of a sex crime?  Huge difference.

If he was only accused, then there is no law requiring him to submit to a polygraph in this country (USA).  If he is only accused of this crime, why would he volunteer to take a polygraph?  Does he have a moron for an attorney?

Sorry, nothing personal here, but I think I already know the answers to these questions.  Let me guess.....your fiance is a convicted felon, found guilty of a sex crime in a court of law here in the States.  As a condition of his probation or parole, he is required to submit to quarterly polygraph exams to "verify" that he has been a good boy.  How am I doing so far?   

If this is the case, there isn't a whole lot you can do.  Moving to a different state will not change the conditions of his parole/probation.  Once convicted, you lose all kinds of rights that normal law abiding citizens enjoy every day here in this country.   

If I am off the mark, and your fiance hasn't been convicted of any crime yet, then I apologize.  Fire your present lawyer, and get one that doesn't have his head buried up his rectum. 

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box soGirlfriend

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:53am
I'm replying to this to move it to the top of the forum. This is a question I have as well. My boyfriend did fine on his probation for 9 and a half years until about a month ago when he failed a polygraph. He didn't even do the things that the polygraph said he did but the judge still wouldn't listen to the people who have known him well for years and she, his po and the prosecutor all formed their opinion of his character based on the false deception on the polygraph. He is now in prison for 16 months with another 104 months parole after that! We are looking for somewhere to move when he gets out of jail so he can't get screwed by the polygraph again.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box madmom

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 12:02am
Same trouble here.....fail a poly and you must be hiding something. We will dig in your brain until we get something. What state are you in? AZ here... Angry Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 12:11am
Madmom and Socal girl. If you wish to give me your email address by private message, I can give you some advice that I prefer to not give in this forum.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box madmom

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 4:07am
To the LEX LUTHER: How do I send a private message?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:24pm
Mom,
Thanks for the compliment, but I do fall somewhat short of my hero. But, I'm working on it  Grin

Not sure, but you may have to register in order to see the little PM button below the avatar.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:13am
MadMom, 

You are in a state that does not require licensing of Examiners.  This allows the unqualified to slip into the programs.  I truly believe you would help by requesting the State of Arizona enact a licensing law for examiners which requires quality control by your states polygraph organization, i believe it is the Arizona Polygraph Association.  I am aware that you are totally against using polygraph, however, most states require polygraphs, the best solution that comes to mind is making examiners in your state adhere to some standards and then verify they are acting within the parameters of the law.  This would make them accountable if there was good quality control and sanctions for not adhering to best practices.  .   

If i could assist you please PM me on this site, I will help, aid and assist in any manner possible.   

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 4:57pm
My boyfriend was convicted in oregon. The polygrapher was lisenced and all that but the results were completely bogus. I will be registering to the site and pm stefano. Really glad I found this site!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 12:16am
soGirlFriend, 

Oregon and Washington State were instrumental in starting Sex Offender Treatment and using polygraph as an adjunct.  The ideas rapidly swept the country and we are where we are now.  A possible answer to the problem in Oregon might be requiring examiners to audio/video all examinations.  There would be no argument regarding what was said during the examination.  You may wish to talk to legislators in your area about this.  I do wish you the best in you efforts. 

IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:55am
To Bill,

I did not realise polygraphing sex offenders started here. Very interesting.

Still looking at options that would avoid the polygraph all together but no luck so far. Might need to get on that audio/video recording though. I don't think it wouldn have helped in his case but I'm sure it could help others.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:44pm
soGirlfriend,

I don't want to discourage you, but you will find that, while under supervision, a parolee or probationer, cannot just uproot and move to where they please. There has to be an interstate compact transfer, which both the sending and receiving corrections departments must agree to. The polygraph requirement is not based upon any state, but rather a condition of the sentence. I suspect that he will have to submit to polygraph testing unless relieved of the requirement to do so by a judge and that moving away would not provide any relief. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Badass Mom

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 9:32pm
@ madmom

I am curious if MadMom would contact me.  I am also a super pissed off mom in the state of Arizona and I am doing what I can to change the way things are handled here.  I could use her help.

IP Logged

STATES THAT DON'T REQUIRE POLYGRAPHS!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X