Normal Topic Sting the lie detector (Read 6030 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ryan

Sting the lie detector
Dec 20th, 2003 at 10:11pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have an upcoming poly exam and I have read TLBTLD.  It is a great manual thanks for producing it.  I have read that doug william's manual on how to sting the lie detector is also great however, i cannot afford it.  The problem is I don't have a job lol I am TRYING to get the job.    Could anyone e-mail me a copy at himmler88@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kona
Very Senior User

Re: Sting the lie detector
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2003 at 10:25pm
Ryan,

If I remember correctly,  one can only print Doug's handbook from his website, not download it.  While I'm sure someone here could scan the 20 page handbook, and email it to you, it would probably be illegal without Doug's permission.   

Ah yes, I just checked my copy of "How to Sting the Polygraph," and it is indeed a copyrighted publication with all rights reserved.  It also states that express written permission by Doug is required to reproduce the document.  Hope this helps.

Kona
PS  You can't afford $47 for a book?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box n0mad
User

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2003 at 10:31pm
Wow, Kona, you ask that like $47 is not alot for a book!  Shocked If I could afford that I'd have a lot of books..  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2003 at 10:33pm
my checking account has $9 CAD and I don't have an income, to be honest I'm hoping to get hired at this job and i don't want to crappity smack it up cause of the poly, if i do i'll have some really rough times ahead.  But if anyone wants to break a copyright law by all means i would be very thankful

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box n0mad
User

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2003 at 11:37pm
TLBTLD should be all you need. I'll see if I can get a copy though.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2003 at 1:16am
Nomad I really appreciate that.  If anyone else could get that for me I would really appreciate it as well. Just send the copy to himmler88@hotmail.com.  Information should be free or it should at least be available at a public library!  You know, if someone actually published a book on countermeasures and really pushed it and it got on a new york times best seller list, I bet once the majority of the population knows the tricks behind the polygraph it would probably become phased out of our society.
Just like everyone here:
I don't feel like spinning the "wheel of fortune" to see if I get the job or not.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2003 at 3:31am
What a fine law officer you will be Ryan!  Not only are you trying to lie your way in to the job but you want to steal a book in order to learn how.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2003 at 3:48am
Oh and I see Ryan has also admitted to being a druggie too - well that explains a lot.  I think it is great that some of you want to help a fine upstanding man like this become a law enforcement officer.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2003 at 6:36am
Ryan & Nomad,

Sorry about that.....my question wasn't phrased very well.  Yes you're right, $47 is a lot for a book that is only 20 pages long.  That comes out to approximately $2.35 a page, however the point of the question really isn't about the cost of a book.    

Maybe I should have asked if $47 is too much to invest in your peace of mind concerning the polygraph.  While TLBTLD is great, and will more than likely ensure that you pass the polygraph, it is long and contains quite a bit of technical jargon for the average Joe to digest.  I have read both Doug's handbook and TLBTLD, and I thought that Doug's book was more to the point, and written for the average person.  He will also answer any questions you have by email, or by phone if you need it.   

Bottom line....if you are comfortable with everything you have read in TLBTLD, then you probably don't need Doug's book.  If there are still questions in your mind, or if you are a little confused by some of the countermeasure techniques, then you need to get Doug's book.   

Good luck.

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Pete

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2003 at 5:46am
Kona,

I was just wondering about your history....Have you actually taken a polygraph exam?  As a "senior" user you obviously have been on this site for awhile, but I don't know if you are one of the "wrongly accused" truthful or did you use countermeasures and "beat" the test?   

Just wondering,

Pete

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2003 at 6:06am
Pete,

I am 2-1 on the polygraph (2 wins, 1 loss).   

I passed my first polygraph utilizing the complete honesty method (no countermeasures).  My second polygraph didn't go so well.....I used the complete honesty method again (no countermeasures) and was found to be deceptive.  The examiner actually told me that he thought I was using countermeasures (I didn't even know what they were at the time).  On my third polygraph I used countermeasures (still told the truth on the relevant questions) and passed with no problems.   

Kona

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Pete

Reply #11 - Dec 23rd, 2003 at 8:51am
Kona,

Three exams for what?  If you "passed" the first one why did you have to take additional tests.

Pete

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Dec 31st, 2003 at 11:21pm
Pete wrote on Dec 23rd, 2003 at 8:51am:
Kona,

Three exams for what?  If you "passed" the first one why did you have to take additional tests.

Pete

Pete,

I had applied to two different police agencies.  Each agency requires that you take a polygraph.  My third polygraph exam was actually a re-test with the second police agency.  They found me deceptive on their initial exam, but I insisted that I was telling the truth, and they granted me a re-test.  I don't know why they granted me a re-test, maybe they thought I was telling the truth (which I was) or the results of the exam were actually inconclusive.  They really didn't volunteer much information.   

Regards,
Kona

IP Logged

Sting the lie detector

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X