Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Update (Read 12820 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Update
Nov 28th, 2003 at 6:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George

Haven't been here in a while.  Just wanted to see how your cause is going.  Any progress?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Update
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2003 at 9:42am
Saidme,

You are in no position to be popping in from time to time demanding updates. You may review the information provided on this site and reach your own conclusions.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Raymond J. Latimer

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2003 at 6:03pm
"DEMANDING" updates ???  Saidme merely asked a question.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2003 at 6:09pm
Quote:
"DEMANDING" updates ???  Saidme merely asked a question.

As defined in Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary, "demand" means:

vi (14c) : to make a demand : ASK...

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2003 at 10:36pm
George,

"Demand" also means: to ask for urgently or peremptorily.  In the context of your post, I believe this is a more appropritate definition of the word "demand."  Nice attempt at a spin though.   

Saidme clearly touched a nerve George.  Perhaps you are a little frustrated that you have failed to make any progress in your crusade to eliminate polygraph?  Take a deep breath and relax....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 12:18am
Ray

Didn't New Mexico just bust the polygraph from use in their Courts? Isn't that progress? Isn't the Gov. of that state pro poly except when is called on to be accountable?

You probably would have countered "This site had nothing to do with it" But neither you or I know that for sure. Judges probably read this site, also.

Paranoia unleashed, huh Ray?

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 3:10am
Twoblock,

The court decision in New Mexico has had little impact on the field of polygraph.  It will not reduce the number of exams administered.  It in no way threatens the field of polygraph.  If you would like to give George and this site credit for the New Mexico court decision, feel free.    Wink

Don't mistake my visit to this site as paranoia.  I, as many examiners do, come here for amusement and, every once in a while, a spirited discussion.

Just curious old Twoblock, do you have a dog in this fight?  Were you a "good applicant who got screwed by the polygraph?" Perhaps a sex offender who is tired of being bothered by polygraph examiners?   

Anyway, good luck with your crusade.    

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Philip Elkins

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 5:35am
Ray, I will never understand why people such as yourself can't seem to grasp the fact that only individuals who have never researched polygraphy believe in it.  The reason is that any person who is reasonably educated, and possesses a minimal amount of intelligence can logically surmise that lie detection is not possible.  Especially through an absurd notion that a person automatically reacts while being untruthful. This may be the case for some, but definately not for all.   I do agree that it is easy for a person to claim he/she was falsely branded as untruthful.  However, there are surely a very many people who have been falsely accused.  I think it is scary that the majority of polygraphers seem to have a disillusioned faith in their practice.  What does it say about the intelligence level of these people.  With the free time you have being worried about who is learning the truth about polygraphy, you should also check out Doug Williams'  site and read the testimonials that have been submitted to him.   These are just a few more examples of how the polygraph is being beat every single day.  If you can't see that, you really are a fool.  Often, victories are slow and silent.  .

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 5:41am
Ray,

My point is that it is presumptious for Saidme to expect me to provide him with a progress report.

While the abolishment of CQT polygraphy is AntiPolygraph.org's ultimate goal, other key objectives include exposing and ending polygraph-related waste, fraud, and abuse. Progress has been and continues to be made in a number of areas.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box J.B. McCloughan
Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 6:59am
Philip,

There are quite highly educated individuals that believe that the detection of deception is possible.  I think you might want to check the credentials of some of those individuals prior to making assertions based solely on personal conjecture.   

I would suggest, for the sake of American historical figures, that you start with William Marston.

Quam verum decipio nos

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 8:26am
Phil,

Quote:
but definately (sp) not for all.

Prior to questioning the intelligence of polygraph examiners, you should DEFINATELY learn to spell the word DEFINITELY.  That's not a typo Phil, that's a lack of intelligence.

Quote:
I think it is scary that the majority of polygraphers seem to have a disillusioned faith in their practice.

If resolving murders, putting away child molesters and discovering extensive criminal and drug histories of applicants is the product of my disillusioned faith, so be it.  Have I made a wrong call or two? You bet.  I'm not perfect but I'm effective.   

Quote:
These are just a few more examples of how the polygraph is being beat every single day.

For every "testimonial" on this site and Williams' site, I have ten verified examples of the effective use of the polygraph.

Quote:
Often, victories are slow and silent.

Phil, you amuse me.  I hope you will return to this message board to entertain me.

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 8:27am
George,

Quote:
Progress has been and continues to be made in a number of areas.

Any specifics?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 10:33am
Ray,

Perhaps our most significant area of continuing (and growing) progress is public education -- exposing polygraphic lie detection for the pseudoscientific fraud that it is.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 4:25pm
Ray

If you had been coming here long enough to have read my pryor posts you would remember (maybe not) my interest in polygraph.

Short synop. - The polygraph has always been suspect in my mind. In 1963 I was required to take one for a temporary job that I didn't care wheather I got or not. I lied lake a rug, using a few mental maneuvers, and passed. Later, to test it again and at my own expense, I told the complete truth and failed. My daughter also took an employment poly, told the truth and failed. She got the job anyway and made the firm a good employee.

I am a person who enjoys a good fight for a cause. Poly just happens to be one of them. I also enjoy getting in my digs to ones who dig me.

BTW, I am for the polygraph or any means that will scare sex offenders, murderers, etc. into a true confession.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Human Subject
Senior User

Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2003 at 11:46pm
Quote:
I would suggest, for the sake of American historical figures, that you start with William Marston.

Are you serious?  You are staking the credibility of polygraphy on the alleged genius of William Marston?

IP Logged

Update

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X