Normal Topic I was told I passed...Did I? (Read 1963 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box I ain't telling

I was told I passed...Did I?
Nov 18th, 2003 at 1:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took my polygraph today with a law enforcement agency somewhere.  I admitted to smoking marijuana a few times but denied ever using LSD.  I tried it twice in highschool, but I was told by my police friends not to admit to it because it is an automatic disqualifier.  I am not proud of lieing and I wish I did not have to, but I did.  Anyways, I read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector and learned to identfy control questions and apply countermeasures.  During the polygraph, I lied with reguard to being honest about my illegal drug use history, however, I was not questioned about it during the post test interrogation.  I was questioned about a couple of the control questions and I gave reasonable reason to why I reacted to them.  He went on to tell me that I passed the polygraph and that he would submit his report to backgrounds in a few days.  He was pleasent and wished me luck with the rest of the process.  Does this sound like I really passed or is there still a chance I might fail?  I read a few posts where people were told they passed but then found out later they failed or were inconclusive.  Any thoughts?   

Also, thanks George and Antipolygraph.org.  I passed my polygraph using countermeasures and by identfying controls.  I feel bad for lieing, however, I assume we all have skeletons in our closets.   Undecided

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: I was told I passed...Did I?
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2003 at 1:48am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Guest,
First of all, I believe you're right that most people have skeletons in their closets.  For many people, those skeletons are probably worse than yours.  And second, it sounds like you're someone who has learned his lesson regarding past mistakes -- I can respect that.  It sounds like other police officers there can, too.

It's impossible to know for certain how you did until you get a definitive thumbs up or down -- the polygraph session is kind of like an alternate reality.  Based upon your account, however, it sounds like you did OK.

Skeptic

IP Logged

I was told I passed...Did I?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X