Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) First Pollygraph coming up (Read 22356 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Re: First Pollygraph coming up
Reply #30 - Aug 2nd, 2003 at 6:08pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
sie,
Guilty of a little "presumption" of my own. What does happen ??? Does you child know that Mom's body is different than Dads? Does s/he know why? Does s/he know that there are "bad" people in this world? Does s/he know what masturbation is?(probably does regardless of whether or not you know s/he knows Wink)
It is my understanding that a child too young to already know that a public masturbator is doing something "nasty" will not be traumatized by the observation. And a child old enough to know what is going on should have already been sufficiently educated by his/her parents to simply be disgusted by the observation.
It would seem that the only child traumatized by such an act would be a child raised in a Barney-like fantasy world who believes that all people are loving and nice; thinks babies come from the cabbage patch; thinks people don't die, they just go to another place; has no idea of the concept that boys are different than girls, except that girls wear dresses and boys don't , etc. These are the same kids who shock their parents by marrying the first abusive alcoholic drug addict that comes along "because he said he loved me"(I actually know such a girl). 
I am not trying to minimize OkieBoy's offense at all. It just seems that the scenario you describe, if it results in the child being traumatized, is more an indication of failed parenting skills than of his perversion.
Now that I've stepped in it with both feet, I'll await the repercussions Wink

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OkieBoy
User

Reply #31 - Aug 2nd, 2003 at 7:53pm
Sie,
And if you're allowing your little kids to go to frat parties, then that says something else about your parenting skills.
Maybe you should be informed before passing judgements.
But that's okay.  Generalizing is a common mistake amongst idiots.  You're in good companionship with Saidme.
-OkieBoy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #32 - Aug 2nd, 2003 at 10:17pm
Orolan

You wrote:  "I am not trying to minimize OkieBoy's offense at all."

That's exactly what you did. Wink

IP Logged

User

Reply #33 - Aug 3rd, 2003 at 6:07am
Saidme,
Sounds to me like Orolan was presenting different factors and points of view into the equation, something narrow-minded individuals like yourself seem incapable of comprehending. 
-OkieBoy

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2003 at 5:09pm
Saidme,
Sie presented a hypothetical question, applied to a hypothetical incident. To which I presented a valid opinion. 
At no time did I minimize or discount OkieBoy's specific incident for which he was charged and placed on probation.

Don't read so much between the lines. I'm not hooked up to your machine Wink

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2003 at 6:50pm
This is fantastic, Okie Boy coming to the defense of his defender.

Orolan, you wrote:  "It is my understanding that a child too young to already know that a public masturbator is doing something "nasty" will not be traumatized by the observation. And a child old enough to know what is going on should have already been sufficiently educated by his/her parents to simply be disgusted by the observation."

You wrote further still: 

"It would seem that the only child traumatized by such an act would be a child raised in a Barney-like fantasy world who believes that all people are loving and nice; thinks babies come from the cabbage patch; thinks people don't die, they just go to another place; has no idea of the concept that boys are different than girls, except that girls wear dresses and boys don't , etc. These are the same kids who shock their parents by marrying the first abusive alcoholic drug addict that comes along "because he said he loved me"(I actually know such a girl). "

All excellent rationalizations which could assist in producing a post-test confession.  I may have to incorporate some of your material in my next case that's similar to this one.  Appreciate the material.

Your intent (only you know that) may not have been to present it as rationalizations but they are rationalizations/minimizations nevertheless. Wink

IP Logged

User

Reply #36 - Aug 3rd, 2003 at 8:13pm
Saidme,
Are you a polygrapher?  You mentioned your next case.
Cool!
Hey, do you use crystal pyramid power to heal yourself when you are sick also?
Hey, the latest issue of UFO magazine is out!  Do you wanna come along and wait for the Alien overlords who founded the human race to land?
But seriously, Bigfoot has been spotted just outside of this small town in Oklahoma that my grandparents are from.  Do you wanna go and try and communicate with him?  Maybe your spirit-angel guide could give you enough rainbow power to send love-vibrations to the big, furry guy.
Let me know.
Thanks,
OkieBoy

ps:  Why don't you just use your "Chi" powers to tell if someone is lying?  I heard Kung Fu masters can actually do this.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Aug 4th, 2003 at 1:23am
OB

I love it when you use your full wit and charm. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Reply #38 - Aug 4th, 2003 at 9:29am
orolan wrote on Aug 2nd, 2003 at 6:08pm:
sie,

It is my understanding that a child too young to already know that a public masturbator is doing something "nasty" will not be traumatized by the observation. And a child old enough to know what is going on should have already been sufficiently educated by his/her parents to simply be disgusted by the observation

Oh, I see; its the parents fault and not that of the offender.   

Quote:
It would seem that the only child traumatized by such an act would be a child raised in a Barney-like fantasy world who believes that all people are loving and nice; thinks babies come from the cabbage patch; thinks people don't die, they just go to another place; has no idea of the concept that boys are different than girls, except that girls wear dresses and boys don't , etc. These are the same kids who shock their parents by marrying the first abusive alcoholic drug addict that comes along "because he said he loved me"

It is this kind of thinking that lead to your offending.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #39 - Aug 4th, 2003 at 5:41pm
Sie,
Quote:
Oh, I see; its the parents fault and not that of the offender.

More like a shared responsibility. The severity of a child's reaction to observing the genitals of a male under any circumstances is directly related to what they know. This knowledge is imparted (or not) by the parents of the child. The offender has culpability for performing the act, whether the child was the target or not. 

Quote:
It is this kind of thinking that lead to your offending.

Your logic escapes me. The act is illegal, even if it doesn't traumatize the child. Any person who would knowingly target another person (child or not) with an act of public masturbation is going to do so regardless of his/her thoughts about the severity of the targeted person's reaction to it. He/she is doing it for their own gratification, and being observed is all they need. I don't recall ever hearing of a person justifying their indecent exposure on the grounds that it "shouldn't have bothered the target". You're reaching way out on this one.

BTW, what happens when your child sees a mother breast-feeding a baby ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box aldo_huxley
User

Reply #40 - Aug 7th, 2003 at 11:11am
Some kind of reading here. Let's cut to the chase, in Texas, there is only good people and bad people. The sex offender is worse than a bank robber or killer, regardless if they ever touched, talked about, or wrote about teen sex. I really want to point out that "thinking" about sex with children has been declared the same as a murderer. We all need to take a step back and remember that the US was founded on not only principles, freedom of speech, and your innocent until proven guilty as basic rights. Gee, what a concept, you really should commit a crime to be guilty of a crime!!!!!!!!

Let's be the first in a new wave of justice (as in the way the forefathers were thinking), and combine our meager resources to form a class action civil lawsuit against the mass hysteria that has became the norm recently.

Yes, sounds like ACLU stuff which I used to think a radical left wing group as a "normal" member of society that I was (in the US that is).

If anyone out there is a lawyer and web designer, get with me and all others here to start a non-profit organization to either get the levels of gray set up for true justice or to use the "system" as they do(might makes right, or in this case $$ rules).

Radical? No, just realize that all the rights we fought for in the late 60's and early 70's have been totally nullified.

I will divulge my story and background if anyone is interested. 

I am very serious about the fact that we need to bind together to achieve the proper stature and level of justice that we really deserve or are willing to fight for in the American legal system.

Am I in left field? Tell me, as far as the laws go, by the letter, 1/4 of the US should be incarcerated.

Am I wrong or is my thinking that far from the norm? If it is, then the entire fault must lie in my sphere of influence. OK, that includes major corporations, significant  corporate positions, and extending to the regular guy on the street so to speak.

Please send a reply and let me know if you are with or against this psychological approach.

After all, this is the land of the "free" is it not?

Regards,

P.S. - yea it's late, but I had a meeting tonight that is weighing heavy on me.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #41 - Aug 7th, 2003 at 3:49pm
aldo,
As the Savage said in Chapter 17 of "Brave New World"; "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."

Re your website idea, look at this site. There is much activity "behind the scenes" by the owners of and contributors to this site of the sort you advocate.
http://www.geocities.com/eadvocate/issues/index.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
First Pollygraph coming up

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X