Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) First Pollygraph coming up (Read 22348 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sam dawson

Re: First Pollygraph coming up
Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 3:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i spoke with someone who took a lie detector in my area, he said his test was only 4 questions, and 3 of those questions was just the same thing repeated 3 times. He also said the polygraph was hooked up to a computer. Any thoughts ?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 5:01am
Sam

I will say at the outset that my knowledge of the workings of the polygraph was gained right here on this website by both sides of the poly subject. I will, however, pass on a tidbit of what I received in private emails from a long time polygrapher.

He said that he "had much more confidence in analog charts than he did the computer analysis because the computer charts reflected so much BS interference". (This is a very condensed sentence). He also indicated the "analog test requires a very experienced examiner who also possesses very good psychoanalytical skills to reach the desired 80% accuracy. That is only acquired with both training and talent".

As I have stated here before one of the problems that I have with polygraphy is ONE man has the power to free or condem. However, if a polygrapher can wrangle a true (and I say again a TRUE) confession from a sex offender or murderer I would shake their hand. But then I read of so many who were scared into a false confession, and are now being released from prison because of DNA, I get concerned.

I don't know Washington's laws but, I don't think a poly can be forced on you unless it was stipulated by the judge as part of your probation. Check your probation rules. If the order FROM THE JUDGE does not require a poly, then you can legally refuse to take it. NO PO has the authority to change a judge's order. The punitive ones will try to make you believe they can.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #17 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 9:47pm
A NASCAR driver once wispered to me that he liked the old Model T Fords over these new fangled machines.  Of course he ain't won nothing lately.

Hey Sammy my boy,

How 'bout you and I go out for a few brewskies and we can talk about your upcoming polygraph?  Oh yeah, I forgot you don't drink any more.  Excuse me while I go get my waders, the shit's starting to get a little deep around here.  Come on bud, when was the last time you let a little of Grandpa's secret recipe cross over your lips?

By the way, better the "polygraph was hooked up to a computer" than a 220 volt wall socket!  Come to think of it, that would be a good way to get some more of those false confessions.  Gotta go, I see a potential victim walking by.

BATMAN

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 5:08am
Twoblock

You wrote:  "I will say at the outset that my knowledge of the workings of the polygraph was gained right here on this website by both sides of the poly subject."

Haven't you got a life?  What the hell are you doing on this website if you don't have a dog in the hunt?  Why don't you get on some Miner's website and talk about things you do know about?   

You wrote further:  "ONE man has the power to free or condem."   

That might have some impact on a sex offender test and as far as I'm concerned, better safe than sorry.  I seriously doubt there is any effective rehabilitation for sex offenders.  When it comes to the old specific issue test you couldn't be further from the truth.  I guess in a nutshell I'm telling you you're full of shit.  Don't speak about polygraph unless you know what you're talking about. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OkieBoy
User

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2003 at 9:34pm
Saidme,
Why don't you go to some right-wing, rush limbaugh loving, neo-nazi, repugnican website and post with your friends?
I'm sorry that your dearly beloved polygraph has been proven a big, fat lie...a psuedo-scientific falsity.
Did you know that the top scientists and psychologists in our nation view the polygraph as nothing more than a joke?  And that is how I view you.  I'm tired of laughing at your idiocy, go post somewhere else.
-Okieboy

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 2:32am
George

Your supporters are really coming out of the woodwork.  You must be so proud to have a child molester backing your crap.  Let's see now, if (when) Okieperv reoffends, do families and or jurisdictions of the young victims have any recourse in filing criminal charges and or civil suits against you and your little I'm behind the 1st amendment website?  Do the ends justify the means, no matter how many youngsters get hurt?  Obviously the examiner who DQ'd you deserves a medal.  You should be in no way affiliated with a law enforcement or intelligence organization.  Stay in Europe. Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #21 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 3:03am
Saidme,

You write in reference to Mr. Maschke,

Quote:
...Obviously the examiner who DQ'd you deserves a medal....

This passage is quite revealing.  That examiner found Mr. Maschke to be deceptive (Mr. Maschke claims that this was a wrong/false diagnosis and you have offered no evidence to the contrary .)  You have through your words empowered that examiner with the non-existent authority to disqualify applicants.  That is the function of the hiring agency and presumably its human relations department.  It is interesting to see the allusions of grandeur that you posses and attribute to your colleagues.  It is for this reason as well as your vulgar unprofessional responses on this site to those lay people who (making no claim of professional membership) are frequently equally childish,  that you should not have the even the authority that you do have.  With regard to Mr. Maschke's polygraph examiner,  I would agree that that individual deserves a medal or trophy.  In fact I believe he should be the anti-polygraph community's man of the year for at least the past three or four years running.  While making you and yours look silly on a daily basis, he (along with Mr. Scalabrini) has done as much as any individual to inform the American and international publics about various aspects of the fraud we know as polygraphy.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 3:12am
The examiner should receive a medal because of his diligent duty in identifying a potential dishonest candidate.  You, nor I can determine whether or not George was truthful on his polygraph examination.  George's blatant flippant attitude toward offender's of the criminal justice system render him incapable of performing federal, state, or local law enforcement duties.  His little website attempts (added emphasis) to assist those trying to circumvent the criminal justice system.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.  Regarding Okieboy (or perv as like to use) another poster identified him as a child molester and if he wants to refute it then let him do so.  I haven't seen him do it yet.  Regarding this website, do you believe this website may assist criminal with furthering their criminal behavior?  Be honest! Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 3:30am
Saidme,

You write:

Quote:
...The examiner should receive a medal because of his diligent duty in identifying a potential dishonest candidate...

You appear to have created the new polygraph result (to go along with DI, NDI, and Inconclusive) of Potential Deception Indicated (PDI).  I think even your colleagues would be embarassed at this evolutionary development in the world of CQT polygraphy.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #24 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 3:20pm
Where'd you see that dipshit?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #25 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 3:21pm
Anonymous

You didn't answer the question.   ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OkieBoy
User

Reply #26 - Jul 29th, 2003 at 8:12pm
My crime was indecent exposure...and it had nothing to do with children.
People like Saidme, ignorant people that is, have a tendency to generalize.  It is easier than actually thinking.
Some examples of these ignorant right wingers opinions are "all blacks are lazy", "all arabs are terrorists", and "all people convicted of a sex crime are child molesters".
I say let saidme go on thinking this way.  At least we can point out the idiots by what they speak.
-OkieBoy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PeterFonda
User

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2003 at 6:29pm
Orolan,

What is your field of employment? Maybe just a hint..

Thanks..

Peter

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2003 at 9:20pm
Peter,
I could tell you I teach criminal psychology at a major university, or I could tell you I'm the guy who asks "Do you want fries with that?" at McDonalds. Odds are that either one would cause some people to view what I post here in a different light strictly based on that knowledge. Which isn't really the way it should be. I want my posts to be read and interpreted based on the content of them without that content being qualified based on how I pay my bills. Understand?
E-mail me at the address provided in my profile and I'll tell you what I do for a living. But you'll need to convince me that you will keep it to yourself.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Reply #29 - Aug 2nd, 2003 at 9:30am
OkieBoy wrote on Jul 29th, 2003 at 8:12pm:
My crime was indecent exposure...and it had nothing to do with children.
-OkieBoy

Excuse me for being a little presumptuous but lets assume your a public masturbator and your targets are adult woman. What happens if my child just happens along at the wrong time? ???

Your minimizing.  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
First Pollygraph coming up

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X