Normal Topic Had my poly (Read 3387 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Matt Cameron

Had my poly
Jul 17th, 2003 at 10:55pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I live in TX and I had my poly last week. The test went ok and she (examiner) did not due any follow up. She told me that Washington will make the final decision and that the responses were not as consistent as she would have liked but said Washington may think otherwise. She never really said I failed. Should I pretty much write this one off since I'm sure headquarters will not be any more forgiving then she was. Or was this a mind game also. I was feeling ok when she didn't do any follow ups but her comment made me feel like I am a goner!! What do ya'll think?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Re: Had my poly
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 3:52am
What agency did the test?  Is there any specific reason (relevant issue) why you should have failed the test?  Did you employ CM's?  If not don't give it a second thought.  You probably passed.  If you lied about a relevant issue or used CM's and they were detected, get out the classifieds and look for another job. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Matt Cameron

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 4:13am
No CM's were used. I felt like the test went ok. She gave 4 sets in the first "round" and 5 or 6 sets in the second round. Is this normal?  I did not like the comment about "not being consistent as she would like". So if she doesn't give me her stamp of approval then how am I going to pass it? The test was for the FBI. I have been using up a tremendous amount of vacation for scheduling different interviews/tests. My physical examination is already scheduled and if I didn't pass the poly I will be ticked off if I waste another day at the physical and then told I failed the poly. 

Saidme,

Even if I was using CMs (which I wasn't) and even if I did show reaction to relevant questions wouldn't the examiner have brought that to my attention post-test?
I almost wish she would have so I would have more to go on.

No need for me to get the classifieds.....already have a job but looking for a better one!  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 7:21am
Matt,

That you were not subjected to a post-test interrogation is a positive sign. Your polygrapher's remarks suggest that she may have been concerned that FBI HQ might deem the results to be inconclusive rather than passing.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 3:15pm
George is correct.

IP Logged

Had my poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X