Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I had my poly! (Read 37156 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wombat
User

I had my poly!
Jul 17th, 2003 at 12:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
hmm...were to begin...
as most of the regulars know i have been "studying" for my poly for some time now. well i had it a few days a ago. at first i was a bit nervous, there was a little voice in my head saying "mabye all this CM stuff is bull...mabye im toast...", but i figured what the hell, worst that can happen is ill be yelled at and ill lose my chances of getting the job. now i dont want to get into too much detail so ill sum it all up.
1) no sennsors on the chair (relief no.1)
2) basic and short pre test interview, plus explenation on how the poly works (much the same as described in TLBTL)
3) stim test. i used CM's on the issue he told me to lie about (pucker+breath change). he then told me what i lied about and that he saw it easily....ha ha....by now i was fealing VERY confident.
4) the test was mixed R/I and CQT (2 stages). in the R/I part i basicaly gave a strong response on a different issue each chart, but not too strong. always making sure that the concealed control he asked had a stronger response.
on the CQT (picking out the controls was easy) i just stayed calm during the relevants and peaked the controls. i dont think i missed a single one (i was far more focused than i though i would be). i also made sure to make one type of control slightly differrent from another type.
he went out a couple of times to check his "charts".
both times he came back and asked if any question bothered me more than another, i sayed about one of the controls that i thought about a time i lied to someone important and another time about some other control...he agreed that those were the ones (ha ha....).
at the end of about 2 hours he unhooked me and told me i had passed the test succesfully. no post test interview. a smile and good bye.
so id say odds are high that i actually passed. not even the slightest little query on his part through out that whole test (other than controls) and not a single addmission on my part other than "minor" control stuff.
and you know what? i lied. ill say that again. i lied, used CM's and would seem to have passed.
some of you know what i lied about some dont. those that do know that its one of those things we all wish we had not done. nothing that might affect us working in a sensitive place. i deserve this job. and would not let past mistakes keep me out.
moral of the story:
Saidme and his pall's on the net are (no disrispect) simply liars. plain and simple liars. unless they have some magic polygraph that was not used on me, they are full of....
if used corectly anal pucker and breath changes are NOT in any way detectable. (ih have no expirience with sensors so i cant vouch for them not working, but, i belive that the most pronounced changes i caused were breath ones and to my knowledge there are no sensors for that).
more over, it was not even too hard. once i had the stim test i was as relaxed as can be (but still on guard). i just put on a good show.
the rest was simple. i can now say without a dought in my mind that any one that spends a few weeks reading the free stuff on the net. does a day or two of practicing, and tries his best to be cool on the day of the test can pass test (lieing).
thanx to all of you that helped.
i hope i pass the whole checkup.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Re: I had my poly!
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 3:10pm
Wombat

Congratulations, you  must be beaming with pride.  At least your honest (haha) enough to admit you lied about your relevant question(s).  I don't know the experience or training of your examiner but just like in any profession you've got good ones and you've got bad ones.   

Regarding your charts you  wrote:  "but, i belive that the most pronounced changes i caused were breath ones and to my knowledge there are no sensors for that). "

I guess I would be interested to know why you think that?  Pnuemo tubes are sensors that monitor breathing just for your information.  Better re-read BLT.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 4:03pm
Wombat,

You write:

Quote:
...3) stim test. i used CM's on the issue he told me to lie about (pucker+breath change). he then told me what i lied about and that he saw it easily....ha ha....by now i was fealing VERY confident....

Congratulations on your apparent overall result.  You've gotta love this preliminary stage of the game though.  There's nothing like conning a con man.  Yes sir...at this stage of the game, give him/her the awe and amazement any vodoo master needs and craves...   

Saidme,

Nice try, pal with your little nomenclature diversion.  But it is Wombat who beat your community, not the other way around.  And if you think it can't or won't happen to you, get ready for a fall or plan on retiring soon...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canadian Crusader
Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 5:36pm
The time is coming when the polygraph and its misconceptions will be common knowledge to a majority of the public.  I feel it is only a matter of time.   

Kudos to people like George who have the balls to start a page like this to expose the fraud of pre-employment polygraph "testing".

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 6:04pm
More like kudos to George for attempting to assist pedophiles, rapists, murderers and thieves with succeeding in their criminal behavior.   

No Wombat this isn't directed at you since your exam appears to have been a pre-employment screening examination.

Regarding specific issues testing, there's nothing better (wasn't that in the NAS study?) Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wombat
User

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 6:37pm
saidme,
when i sayd sensors i was refering to anti CM's sensors (like the ones they use for leg movement ect..). of course i know that the pnuemo tubes measure breathing. what i meant was that i think that my sudden breath changes (as a CM) were more effective than the anal puckering. but im only guessing.
but who cares? its all over. now all i have to do is wait, and pray, that i pass the whole screening process. (i dont see any reason why i wont, the only thing i was afraid of was the poly).
as to the assisting rapists ect...you are absolutly right. very bad people can use this site to pass polys (although it may be a bit harder  since the "crimes" i did are not in the same ball park as rape ect...).
but since i at least know that passing a poly is no harder than baking a cake id advise the authorities to stop relying on it and to put funds into finding a new and better system.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2003 at 7:57pm
Wombat

I won't dispute this site may assist pre-employment applicants from fouling up (and in some cases passing) polygraph examinations.  I do maintain that specific issue testing is very difficult (if not impossible) to beat using CM's picked up on this site.  It all has to do with psyche set and consequences.  The only consequences of failing a pre-employment polygraph is you don't get the job.  Specific issue failure may lead to jail.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ray
Senior User

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 1:50am
Wombat,
Looking forward to working with an honest, trustworthy guy like you!  It's guys with integrity like you that plant evidence, falsify reports etc.  If you make a mistake in the field or the investigation doesn't look like it's going your way...cheat.  It may be morally wrong but at least you'll get what you want.  Your momma must be proud.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 4:21am
Getem Ray Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 6:48am
Ray,

You wouldn't happen to be Ray Latimer, would ya?

Just curious

PK

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 9:46pm
PK,
I am not Ray Latimer.  Just a guy who gets upset when he sees a person with integrity like Wombat lie and cheat his way into the LE field.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 10:47pm
PK

I know Ray Latimer, and you're no Ray Latimer. Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2003 at 10:50pm
Ray,

If you were really concerned, you would ditch your useless polygraph gig (assuming you are a polygraph examiner), get off your backside, and head out to the field to help (do investigations...remember those?) those who are doing backgrounds to do a more thorough job...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2003 at 12:03am
Saidme wrote on Jul 18th, 2003 at 10:47pm:
PK

I know Ray Latimer, and you're no Ray Latimer. Cheesy

When did I claim to be Ray Latimer? I'm glad to say I am NOT Ray Latimer...personally I think he's an arrogant jerk. That seems to be par for the course, as far as examiners go. I have met a couple examiners that I would consider "professional", but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.  Tongue

PK

IP Logged

Senior User

Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2003 at 12:05am
Anonymous,
Actually, I still do investigations and I'd put good money on it that I've resolved more cases in the last year then you have in your life.  Contrary to what most anti-polygraph crusaders say, most examiners in the agencies and departments I am familiar with are selected to their position because of their outstanding track record in resolving cases.

Also, Wombat has already stated that a background investigation would not reveal the information he is concealing so there goes that bright idea.  In my experience, admissions gained after an SR test would not usually have been discovered in even the most intense investigation.  Go ahead and jump on the "background investigation bandwagon" with everyone else.   

The problem a lot of anti-polygraph people have is that they make personal attacks on examiners.  It will get you no where and it makes your arguments seem hollow.  The point I have made in this thread is that Wombat has made a decision to conceal derogatory information by lying to the agency he is applying for.  Regardless of what one thinks of polygraph, you would have to agree that Wombat's actions are those of a person who lacks integrity.  I made the point that he has established that he will do what it takes (cheat,lie) to get what he wants.  That concerns me.  Does anyone disagree?

IP Logged

I had my poly!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X