Normal Topic Forced to take lie detector as terms of probation (Read 6281 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fiftycents
New User

Forced to take lie detector as terms of probation
Jun 22nd, 2003 at 10:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I will be taking a lie detector shortly, of which I will probably fail. I am on probation and am underage, and am going to be asked if I have been drinking while on probation, amongst other things I'm sure. The results of this fiasco will no doubt leave some harsh restrictions on my life and could cause damage to my life that will affect me for years to come. Does anyone have any advice or experiences they would like to share? Ive talked to a number of people who have said different things, but no one who was very intelligent respectively.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: Forced to take lie detector as terms of probat
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2003 at 4:42pm
fiftycents,

While it's unfortunate that you not only are on probation, but also seemingly violated the terms of your probation, bear in mind that the polygraph is no 'lie detector'. It would behoove you to read The Lie Behind The Lie Detector.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2003 at 6:52pm
fiftycents,
The repercussions of you failing a probation maintenance poly depend strictly on what state you are in, as they all have different rules. Some allow the poly to be used as evidence in a violation hearing, others don't.
Regardless of how you choose to approach the upcoming polygraph, you must stop drinking. You may skate by on the poly, but they'll catch you some other way. I would advise that you come clean with your P.O. and sincerely seek some help in overcoming your alcohol abuse.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Saidme
Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2003 at 7:28pm
Wow 

This site never ceases to amaze me!   

Fifty cents.  At some point you're going to need to take a little responsibility for your actions.  That's something you should have learned by now through your dealings with the criminal justice system.  However, it is quite apparent that you have not learned that lesson and you continue to be a poor victim.  You must feel as though everybody is out to get you, whaaaaa!  Sure I've got some advice.  Go into your examination and pull you head out of your ass and tell the truth, however painful that might be.  You'll be a better person down the road and finally, you'll have taken responsibility for your own actions and maybe for once, your own life.

Beech

You must feel proud assisting convicted criminals on how to (attempt to) get over on their probationary program.  Fifty cents references alcohol issues but neither you or I know whether or not that's the true issue.  Maybe he's a child molester.  Maybe he lives in your town.  Maybe one of your relatives are his next victim.  You should be convicted as an accessory.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2003 at 8:10pm
Saidme,

Specifically, what law do you believe Beech Trees violated in exercising his 1st Amendment right to free speech on this message board?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2003 at 1:05am
1st Amendment, that's a classic George.  I guess if BT, or you for that matter, were to assist a convicted criminal in furthering their criminal behavior, I would imagine most courts would frown upon that.  I suppose I could give you many examples but I'm sure you can come up with some on your own.   Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2003 at 4:54am
Quote:
Maybe he's a child molester.

Saidme, why is it that you have a habit of bringing this up? Something in your subconcious mind?
True, we don't know anything about fiftycents, but then again, we don't know anything about you, either. But I'm starting to wonder about you Undecided

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2003 at 8:13pm
Saidme ia a cops is he/she not?  That would be typical of a LEO.  Guilty even if proven inocent.  The world is against them and everyone in the world is guilty of something in some manner or another.  Trust noone hey saidme?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Zerotolerance
New User

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2003 at 4:59pm
Fifty Cents have you ever considered that your inability to stop drinking while on probation may be a wake up call that you have a drinking problem..?and that your problems with the law are a result of your drinking problem?
So keep on drinking and lying about it and trying to find ways to avoid the problem and your problem will keep you in places like this if it doesn't kill you first.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Public Servant
Very Senior User

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2003 at 5:22am
Fiftycents,

Forget the poly. Come clean with your probation officer, and get back on track while you're still a minor.

George and Beech,

While giving out generic CM advice is free speech, I'd say there'd be some risk in advising a person, who tells you they are a criminal trying to get around justice, to attempt to defeat a polygraph of this type.  Perhaps civil or criminal charges could be pursued regarding the offense of accessory.  I know it might seem far fetched, but I would not want to be the test case if I were you.

However, in Beech's defense,  this appears to only be a case of underage drinking and Beech only advised him to read TLBTLD, not to heed any specific advice therein.

Wow!!  I think I just came to the defense of Beech Trees!!  Is that Satan I just saw wearing a parka?!

Poly Killer (if you're reading this),

Guest just insinuated that all cops have no sense of objectivity.  This is one of your fellow anti-poly posters,  I assume.  Will you attack Guest with tough guy slurs; or blame the fat old examiners for tarnishing your shield.  Perhaps it's your type of attitude that gives us this image.  I'd be interested in your thoughts

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2003 at 12:17pm
Public Servant,

I just happened onto this thread, my apologies for the delay in replying...

It is of no relevance to me what "Guest" posted about LEO's. He is obviously NOT a LEO and it wouldn't surprise me to find out he/she/it has a record. Even if there is no record, obviously "Guest" has a beef with LEO's in general, either way I don't care..

Guest is not a "fellow" anything to me, I don't know guest, I don't know you or anyone else on this site. I read the threads and post where I choose to express my opinion, this seems to have bothered you to some degree...again, I don't care. 

Before you say you aren't irritated by me, think about this, apparently I have managed to consume your thoughts at least to the extent that now you address me in your posts in threads where I am not even involved in the discussion. 

Also, since you continually make comments about "tough guy" this and that, and "tough guy slurs", would you mind pointing exactly what you are referring to when you write these things. Maybe we just interpret things differently, but I haven't seen anything that supports your inferences.

"Perhaps it's your type of attitude that gives us this image." 

Perhaps it's your attitude that leads me to believe you cannot substantiate your accusations. Most of the baseless insinuations seem to be coming from you, NOT me. Thus, you are making false accusations making you among those responsible for perpetuating "this image". 

In some of your earlier posts, I thought you made some valid points, but lately I've seen nothing but useless attempts to taunt, accusations without merit and downright useless drivel.

I have asked repeatedly for you validate the accusations and insinuations you have made toward me...to date you have falied to do so. Until you do, don't be surpirsed if I choose not to respond to any more of your posts. To me, they are meaningless and a waste of time.

Take care,
PK

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2003 at 6:39pm
PK

Couldn't help be respond to this.  You wrote:

Cheesy"I have managed to consume your thoughts"

Getting a little full of yourself wouldn't you say?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-Killer
Senior User

"Knock, Knock!"

Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2003 at 8:29am
Saidme wrote on Jul 27th, 2003 at 6:39pm:
PK

Couldn't help be respond to this.  You wrote:

Cheesy"I have managed to consume your thoughts"

Getting a little full of yourself wouldn't you say?

Saidme,

Nope, not at all...Just making an observation and calling it like I see it. Apparently, poly people are uncomfortable with this (another observation).

Take care,
PK

IP Logged

Forced to take lie detector as terms of probation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X