Normal Topic Secret Service - UNREAL outcome (Read 3698 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brian

Secret Service - UNREAL outcome
May 10th, 2003 at 9:08am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was a former Uniformed Division applicant.

I took the poly a few months ago.
On the date of the poly, the polygrapher told me I had passed.  At no time did the polygrapher accuse me of lying.  He never went over relevant questions more than once.  After the test he told me I passed and he was going to be in the DC office, therefore my application would move quicker to the background investigation.

A few months went by, so I finally contacted a recruitment officer the other day.  He looked up my name on the computer and told me that he needed to do some research.

Today I got a call.  The recruiter had found out that I had in fact failed the polygraph.  This was impossible.  I told the recruiter that in Dec I was absoutely told I had passed the test.  There was no doubt.  The polygrapher had asked me if there were any problems would I mind coming back, and of course I said absolutely.  The recruiter told me that the polygrapher did not actually have the final say on me passing the lie detector.  He said that the final dcision was up to the securities devision.   

So somehow my polygraph situation went from absolutely passing, to sorry you failed, there is nothing that can be done.

If the polygrapher told me in Dec that I was having trouble passing the relevant questions then hearing that I had in fact failed would not be such a suprise.  BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!  I was told I passed.

In short, I have no idea what to do.  I contacted Mark Zaid.  Hopefully I'll hear something.  If anyone has had any similar situations(specifically the polygrapher telling you that you had passed, then hearing you failed), please let me know.   

This is so crazy, if this hadn't happened to me I wouldn't believe it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anon-mouse

Re: Secret Service - UNREAL outcome
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2003 at 8:46pm
Hey,   

It sounds as if you had passed the test in terms of
being truthful,  but then it may have been the admissions you made that got you disqualified.

This would explain the polygrapher telling you you passed,  and then the higher authority telling you you failed (failed based on what you told them).

Did you make any admissions that may have been grounds for disqualification?

I had the same thing happen for a police test where I passed the polygraph with flying colors (using countermeasures),  and then received a note saying I was disqualified based on my polygraph results.

It turned out I made a stupid admission (mistake) that got me disqualified.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brian

Re: Secret Service - UNREAL outcome
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2003 at 9:09pm
I made absolutely no admissions.   

In my intial interview I explained the only issue I had with law enforcement.  I told them that I had been cited for underage drinking.  Also, that was included in everything I filled out in my application.

There was no reason for me to believe I had failed.  Like I said, I was never accused of lying about any relevant quetions.  The only thing I was was told was that they were having a problem with my honesty and integrity.  Which was a direct reference to the control questions (have you ever lied to your parents).

The polygrapher was very reassuring that I had passed.  That is why this is so perplexing.  Either he lied to me, or he is impoitent, either way I derserve a second chance.

IP Logged

Secret Service - UNREAL outcome

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X