Normal Topic fbi poly (Read 4708 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fbipoly

fbi poly
Jan 16th, 2003 at 2:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
ahh i took the poly, think i failed, what a horrible experience. If they are unsure of something they really make u feel like a criminal. Man i just applied for a job, told the truth, or thought i did ??? and they blast u. even if i passed it was so annoying i dont even know if i want to work there.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Re: fbi poly
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 3:27am
FBI Poly,

Hopefully you passed your polygraph; that being said, don't let a bad polygraph experience cause you to question joining the bureau. I personally worked with many FBI special agents that were subjected to unethical methods of polygraph testing. 

It is widely known among agents throughout the bureau (not always openly admitted) that polygraph testing is a hoax and a joke. Personally, (strictly my opinion) I do not think polygraph testing will be around much longer. 

If you did pass the polygraph, take that FBI job offer, and enjoy an exciting and excellent career field. You will be working with and among many agents that share your feelings toward polygraph testing. Many agents get falsely accused (false positive result) all the time. More often than not, they are retested and cleared of any wrongdoing. 

Rest assured, the only people that "strongly" support polygraph testing are the actual polygraphers themselves. Everyone else knows it is merely a voodoo science, film-flam that has no better accuracy than a "coin toss". They should simply use a magic 8-ball. It's probably about as accurate, and much more cost-effective.

Anyone that sincerely believes in the accuracy of polygraph testing are naive and gullible; and probably also believes in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. 

The professional chart-gazers (polygraphers) honestly know the trickery involved with polygraph testing. They lie, mislead, deceive, and bluff people with polygraph tactics and theories.

Download and read chapters 3 and 4 of "TLBTLD". It is excellent advise for anyone facing a polygraph. 

Respectfully,
X

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 3:30am
Quote:

ahh i took the poly, think i failed, what a horrible experience. If they are unsure of something they really make u feel like a criminal. Man i just applied for a job, told the truth, or thought i did ??? and they blast u. even if i passed it was so annoying i dont even know if i want to work there.

Dear fbipoly,

I know your pain.  Are you sure that you didn't pass?  Did they accuse you of any specific crime?  Did you admit to anything?

Even though the polygraph is a degrading experience, you shouldn't let the polygraphers' attitudes and actions discourage you from pursuing a career, especially if it is a career you have desired for quite some time.  Polygraphers are not indicative of the quality people you will work with on a daily basis.

You need to find out the status of your polygraph before you can proceed.  It is important to know what the polygrapher will write about you, under the official name of the FBI, in your public record.  If you have failed, career options in other federal agencies may be in jeopardy.

Please keep us informed.  Most of us here know what you have gone through first hand, and can become shoulders to lean on.  Others on this site are pro-polygraph, and will become great avenues to channel frustration.   

Let me know if I can help.

Chris

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 4:21am
They said I showed something on the drug question. Asked me how many times i smoked pot, i said i followed the guidelines and they didnt believe me, i just keep repeating that i followed the quidelines.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 2:57pm
Dear fbipoly,

Like xXx, and Chris, I know firsthand your frustration of being falsely accused during your polygraph.  I was subjected to three polygraph sessions for over four hours each session over a period of six months before I was deemed "not deceptive."  I am being placed on a "waiting list" since my original vacancy has long been filled.  I do agree with Chris and xXx,  the polygraph experience is not indicative of the other FBI employees that I have met or had dealings with (I am currently a federal law enforcement officer).   I do wish that they would objectively look at this system and give it an overhaul or termination.  False accusations not only terminate any hopes of federal careers in many cases but leave deep negative feelings about federal service in those who otherwise had great trust in the integrity of our government agencies.  There has to be a better method of selection without resorting to assasination of character in the present system.

Regards.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 7:04pm
So what happens now when i get the final results if they arent good. Is all the information i supplied to them private?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 9:28pm

Quote:

So what happens now when i get the final results if they arent good. Is all the information i supplied to them private?

fbipoly,

The specific information that you gave during your polygraph is "private," but the fact that you have failed an FBI polygraph will be public.  This will affect any and all other federal agencies.

Start writing a letter of appeal, requesting a second polygraph (ask your recruiter).  Send it when you get your formal denial from the FBI.  Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector so you can understand the inner workings of the test.  

Just because you said that you were within the guidelies doesn't mean that they didn't believe what you were saying based on drug questions.  They didn't believe you about drugs because of what you said about something else, let's say, stealing from the office.  And they even expect you to lie about stealing form the office . . .

It's an elaborate mind game, as you will see.  Hopefully, you will have the game figured out by the time you go for a second polygraph.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 9:28pm
FBIPOLY,

Please read my posting on 11/21/02 (use search engine on this website) to Jen 19.  She was sucessful in getting another polygraph on appeal.  Do not do so until you formally receive a letter of "not being within acceptable parameters.  The thread was "Yet Another CVSA Question."

I hope this helps.

Regards.

IP Logged

fbi poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X