Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Thanks to TLBTLD, I PASSED!!! (Read 33810 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Re: Thanks to TLBTLD, I PASSED!!!
Reply #30 - Dec 24th, 2002 at 7:36pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Thanks for the clarification...but apparently "two block" also has some special connotation when discussing officer evaluation reports

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #31 - Dec 24th, 2002 at 8:41pm

Quote:

...but apparently "two block" also has some special connotation when discussing officer evaluation reports

I'm not an Alaskan miner, but I can ellaborate on the Army side of this discussion.   

On the old Officer Evaluation Report (OER), there used to be numbers next to the senior rater evaluation boxes.  The senior rater would mark the box (or block) next to what type of officer he thought you were -- 1 being the best, and 4 meaning you ought to be kicked out of the army.

Over time, the evaluation system became so overinflated that every officer was receiving a top rating, referred to as a "top block" or a "one block."  Any officer who received a "two block" was considered sub-par.  A 3 or 4 was certain death to a career.

5-6 years ago, the Army changed their evaluation system.  The new OER did away with the numbers next to the blocks.  Words accompany the blocks (Above Center of Mass, Center of Mass, Below Center of Mass -- Retain, and Below Center of Mass -- Do Not Retain.  The new system limits a senior rater to  giving out up to 50% of his rating pool in the top block, the rest have to be Center of Mass, or they are automatically downgraded to Center of Mass if the senoir rater gives out too many "top blocks."

People still refer to the Center of Mass rating as a "two block," but with the current evaluation system, it is no longer the kiss of death it once was.   

I, too, wondered why someone would use "two block" as a screen name.  I just assumed it had a different meaning than the Army one I knew.  And I was too embarassed to ask.   

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #32 - Dec 24th, 2002 at 9:55pm
The_Breeze wrote on Dec 23rd, 2002 at 6:52pm:

...I have a challenge of my own ( since its in vogue here ) so you few can advance your cause to the next level:
I propose that you, skeptic, anonymous, stein, Gino, or whomever (george is probably compromised) find agencies that polygraph before a background (your cherished 40%ers) and apply to that agency.  During your polygraph, apply what ever countermeasures are appropriate and then furnish proof on these pages (suitably censored) by posting your notices of passing or appointment letters. Drew or Mark can set up the procedure.
Now I realize what I am proposing amounts to real work on your parts, but why not put your actions where your assertions are? you are fond of telling each other how simple polygraphers are, and how a 10 year old can be taught countermeasures, why not furnish proof?  Think of it, with your actions alone, properly documented and maybe furnished to news organizations- you could advance your languishing cause in a very real way people could understand. 
I doubt very seriously if any of you will leave the warmth of this site and become one of George's foot soldiers, its much safer to sound knowledgeable without the threat of continued failure.  When I hear someone like skeptic talk about what a burden it would be to be polygraphed every 5 (!) years as a reason not to seek employment with an agency, cries of BS can be heard!
With your knowledge of the process, and your belief of how polygraph is conducted, a test for employment or periodic screening should be the last thing you are concerned with.
That is unless, you are just not quite sure what your talking about. You will make the random error disappear.
So, until you prove how easy it is to manipulate the process by your own selfless efforts, few will believe you.  We will call this "the anti-polygrapher's dilemma".
Do have a good holiday, and let us know how you intend to proceed.

The public challenges that I have posted here have simply been to polygraphers to publicly document or otherwise support misleading statements that they have publicly made. Those I've challenged include:

Milton O. "Skip" Webb, Jr. (President, American Polygraph Association)

Frank Horvath (Past President, American Polygraph Association)

Harry Reed (President, Illinois Polygraph Society)

George Slattery (Past President, Florida Polygraph Association)

None have responded.

The Breeze asserts "until you prove how easy it is to manipulate the process by your own selfless efforts, few will believe you." But the information about polygraph countermeasures provided in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is already well-documented, with references (including peer-reviewed research) that skeptical readers may check for themselves. For any who doubt that the polygraph can be beaten, we have the real-world examples of spies Aldrich Hazen Ames, Larry Wu-tai Chin, Karel Frantisek Koecher, and Ana Belen Montes, all of whom beat the polygraph while commiting espionage against the United States.

By contrast, the claims of polygraphers that they can detect countermeasures are unsupported. The American Polygraph Association quarterly, Polygraph, hasn't published a single article setting forth a methodology for the detection of countermeasures. And in peer-reviewed analog studies conducted by Professor Charles R. Honts and collaborators, even experienced polygraphers were unable to detect countermeasures at better than chance levels of accuracy. So Dr. Richardson's polygraph countermeasure challenge calling on the polygraph community to demonstrate its claimed ability to detect countermeasures remains quite apropos.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #33 - Dec 24th, 2002 at 10:29pm
The unanswered questions posed to breeze... if any other pro-polygraph types would care to respond I'd be happy to read what you have to say.

1. How is it confusing or obstructing the applicant process to know beforehand that the polygraph as a scientific means of determining truth from falsehood in the screening setting is worthless?

2. Why is it acceptable for 'The State' (in this case the polygraph interrogator) to lie to the citizen (in this case the applicant)? Why is it acceptable one way, but not the other? 

3. If George is responsible for criminals defeating a polygraph interrogation, are the makers of lockpicking manuals and tools to blame for burglaries? Are Chrysler and Ford to blame when a master key is used in a vehicle theft? Is the US Army responsible when one of their manuals is used to construct an illegal explosive device? More dear to your heart The Breeze, are the makers of firearms responsible when someone (other than a defenseless deer) is murdered by gun?

4. Wasn't it you who just recently argued that employment should not be witheld based soley upon polygraph results? Didn't you JUST READ ont his board numerous accounts of exactly that happening?

5. Did you ever stop to think that the reason you passed your polygraphs is because you lied during your control questions? 

6. Since most of the people posting here with negative stories about their polygraph experience were stopped dead in their tracks by the lying polygraph interrogator, with no recourse and no means of appealing his capricious decision, how can we know those people were or were not 'cut out' for law enforcement? 

On another note, 'Twoblock' is also a naval term, meaning a safe way to rig a raised object above the deck. It is blocked (block and tackle, i.e. a pulley) both above and below to keep it from smashing into other gear owing to the ship's motion.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Dec 26th, 2002 at 6:16pm
George
Your evading.
I do not care that others have not accepted your sites challenge, that is a personal decision.  I do not care that you believe your and Gino's document is the final authoritative word on the matter either.
I have asked why your collection of anti polygraph freedom fighters will not put action to words (endlessly rehashed, check BT's re-warmed response to me) It is a simple proposition.  By your own actions, stop talking about what a ridiculously flawed procedure polygraph screening is and do something about it. Why are you waiting for someone to prove your point by participating in a staged event, or publishing available information for your use?
After you have manipulated the hiring process, post the results to the world, and prove your point with something tangible. (rather than footnotes)
Stein is the only one who had the balls to specifically address the point, while incidently reinforcing one of mine-even though Im sure he did not mean to.
There seems to be a small group of people keeping this site alive with reasonable intelligence and vast amounts of energy (at the keyboard), why is this not translated into something joe average applicant can understand and use to his benefit?
If polygraphers are cowards for not participating in your countermeasure challenge, what label should we apply to someone who lacks the fortitude to back up thier convictions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #35 - Dec 26th, 2002 at 6:57pm
Breeze,

Don't even waste your time (let alone ours) with such meaningless posts.  When you decide (if ever) to address George's and BT's last well articulated posts to you, please do respond.  For your easy referral I have included both for you.

Posted by Mr. Maschke:

Quote:
The public challenges that I have posted here have simply been to polygraphers to publicly document or otherwise support misleading statements that they have publicly made. Those I've challenged include:

Milton O. "Skip" Webb, Jr. (President, American Polygraph Association)

Frank Horvath (Past President, American Polygraph Association)

Harry Reed (President, Illinois Polygraph Society)

George Slattery (Past President, Florida Polygraph Association)

None have responded.

The Breeze asserts "until you prove how easy it is to manipulate the process by your own selfless efforts, few will believe you." But the information about polygraph countermeasures provided in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is already well-documented, with references (including peer-reviewed research) that skeptical readers may check for themselves. For any who doubt that the polygraph can be beaten, we have the real-world examples of spies Aldrich Hazen Ames, Larry Wu-tai Chin, Karel Frantisek Koecher, and Ana Belen Montes, all of whom beat the polygraph while commiting espionage against the United States.

By contrast, the claims of polygraphers that they can detect countermeasures are unsupported. The American Polygraph Association quarterly, Polygraph, hasn't published a single article setting forth a methodology for the detection of countermeasures. And in peer-reviewed analog studies conducted by Professor Charles R. Honts and collaborators, even experienced polygraphers were unable to detect countermeasures at better than chance levels of accuracy. So Dr. Richardson's polygraph countermeasure challenge calling on the polygraph community to demonstrate its claimed ability to detect countermeasures remains quite apropos.

Posted by Beech Trees:

Quote:
The unanswered questions posed to breeze... if any other pro-polygraph types would care to respond I'd be happy to read what you have to say.

1. How is it confusing or obstructing the applicant process to know beforehand that the polygraph as a scientific means of determining truth from falsehood in the screening setting is worthless?

2. Why is it acceptable for 'The State' (in this case the polygraph interrogator) to lie to the citizen (in this case the applicant)? Why is it acceptable one way, but not the other? 

3. If George is responsible for criminals defeating a polygraph interrogation, are the makers of lockpicking manuals and tools to blame for burglaries? Are Chrysler and Ford to blame when a master key is used in a vehicle theft? Is the US Army responsible when one of their manuals is used to construct an illegal explosive device? More dear to your heart The Breeze, are the makers of firearms responsible when someone (other than a defenseless deer) is murdered by gun?

4. Wasn't it you who just recently argued that employment should not be witheld based soley upon polygraph results? Didn't you JUST READ ont his board numerous accounts of exactly that happening?

5. Did you ever stop to think that the reason you passed your polygraphs is because you lied during your control questions? 

6. Since most of the people posting here with negative stories about their polygraph experience were stopped dead in their tracks by the lying polygraph interrogator, with no recourse and no means of appealing his capricious decision, how can we know those people were or were not 'cut out' for law enforcement? 

On another note, 'Twoblock' is also a naval term, meaning a safe way to rig a raised object above the deck. It is blocked (block and tackle, i.e. a pulley) both above and below to keep it from smashing into other gear owing to the ship's motion.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #36 - Dec 26th, 2002 at 7:45pm
The_Breeze wrote on Dec 26th, 2002 at 6:16pm:

George
Your [sic] evading.
I do not care that others have not accepted your sites [sic] challenge, that is a personal decision.  I do not care that you believe your and Gino's document is the final authoritative word on the matter either.

I did not state or mean to imply that The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is the "final authoritative word" on any matter. However, it is, as I mentioned previously, well-documented with ample references that skeptical readers may check for themselves. Moreover, I am confident that most intelligent readers will find our arguments regarding polygraph procedure, policy, and countermeasures to be compelling.

Quote:

I have asked why your collection of anti polygraph freedom fighters will not put action to words (endlessly rehashed, check BT's re-warmed response to me) It is a simple proposition.  By your own actions, stop talking about what a ridiculously flawed procedure polygraph screening is and do something about it. Why are you waiting for someone to prove your point by participating in a staged event, or publishing available information for your use?

I think that what you have suggested would be an imprudent diversion of AntiPolygraph.org's limited resources. That the polygraph can be (and has been) beaten through countermeasures is readily apparent, supported by empirical evidence, and acknowledged by the polygraph community itself.

In my opinion, our time and effort is better spent on improving public awareness of polygraph issues and political outreach.

As for Beech Trees's "re-warmed response" to you, I note that you have dodged the very cogent questions he has put to you.

Quote:
After you have manipulated the hiring process, post the results to the world, and prove your point with something tangible. (rather than footnotes)

Karel F. Koecher, Larry Wu-tai Chin, and Ana Belen Montes were all double-agents for foreign powers before they successfully "manipulated the hiring process" by beating the polygraph. If that is not tangible enough for you, I don't know what the hell would be.

Quote:
Stein is the only one who had the balls to specifically address the point, while incidently reinforcing one of mine-even though Im sure he did not mean to.
There seems to be a small group of people keeping this site alive with reasonable intelligence and vast amounts of energy (at the keyboard), why is this not translated into something joe average applicant can understand and use to his benefit?

We have produced something that "Joe Average applicant" can understand and use to his benefit. It's called The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, and it has been downloaded over 50,000 times. It is quite possibly the most widely read book on polygraphy ever. Watch for the 3rd edition in 2003.

Quote:
If polygraphers are cowards for not participating in your countermeasure challenge, what label should we apply to someone who lacks the fortitude to back up thier convictions?

What convictions have we failed to back up? Again, that which is found in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is backed up by ample references that skeptical readers can check. If those references are beyond you reading level (or perhaps your attention span) that is a problem with which I cannot help.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Dec 26th, 2002 at 8:27pm
Breeze,

The_Breeze wrote on Dec 23rd, 2002 at 6:52pm:

I propose that you, skeptic, anonymous, stein, Gino, or whomever (george is probably compromised) find agencies that polygraph before a background (your cherished 40%ers) and apply to that agency.  During your polygraph, apply what ever countermeasures are appropriate and then furnish proof on these pages (suitably censored) by posting your notices of passing or appointment letters.

I am shocked and outraged. This sort of thing is clearly unethical and quite possibly illegal. And from a pro-polygrapher!!! It borders on fraud since the agency involved would have to spend significant time and monies just to reach the point scheduling a polygraph. Drew's challenge has no similar ethical quandry though there is little incentive for a polygrapher to take him up. No upside for the polygraphers since the general public takes their validity as an article of faith.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #38 - Dec 27th, 2002 at 4:59am
Quote:
I propose that you, skeptic, anonymous, stein, Gino, or whomever (george is probably compromised) find agencies that polygraph before a background (your cherished 40%ers) and apply to that agency.  During your polygraph, apply what ever countermeasures are appropriate and then furnish proof on these pages (suitably censored) by posting your notices of passing or appointment letters. Drew or Mark can set up the procedure.

How would this prove anything? There would be no way to prove that the applicant actually used countermeasures. Pro-polygraph types like you will likely attempt to explain the "passed" test (and subsequent offer of employment) in a number of ways.

Perhaps you will claim:
(1) The applicant did not use countermeasures and passed only because he actually told the truth. You guys must have had a bad examiner the first time around.
(2) The examiner was incompetent. A more skilled examiner would have easily detected the countermeasures.

The list could go on and on. 

Drew's challenge would be a much more effective test of the efficacy of polygraph countermeasures. Using a luminary in the polygraph community as the examiner and a list of deceptive responses sealed in an envelope would allow the winner of the challenge a lot less wiggle room than the one you suggested.

332 days and counting, 'graphers.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #39 - Dec 27th, 2002 at 6:38am

George
Your evading.

Oh, please.  Breeze, your glass house is in bad need of replacement panes.

When you acknowledge and apologize for the fallacious and libelous nature of statements you've made here in this public forum, when you deign to answer even a few of the multitude of appropriate questions put to you by George, Beech Trees and others, come back and accuse someone of "evading".  Until that distant day, statements such as yours aren't even laughable -- they're self-evidently pathetic.

Quote:
I do not care that others have not accepted your sites challenge, that is a personal decision.

Do you even know what the issue is, here?

This is a matter of a profession making claims that it fails to back up.  The polygraph community has repeatedly stated it can detect countermeasures.  The burden is on their shoulders to back up that claim.  They have failed to do so, despite specific challenge -- and their silence is deafening and damning.  Have you even thought about considering both sides of this issue?  Or are you really just here for attention and to "stir things up"?

Quote:
I do not care that you believe your and Gino's document is the final authoritative word on the matter either.

No one has claimed it is.  But then, it's always easier to win an argument if you're the only one arguing, isn't it?

Quote:
I have asked why your collection of anti polygraph freedom fighters will not put action to words (endlessly rehashed, check BT's re-warmed response to me) It is a simple proposition.  By your own actions, stop talking about what a ridiculously flawed procedure polygraph screening is and do something about it.

Most of us already have, bud -- we've done the polygraph thing.  As have several spies who have beaten the polygraph.  Your choice of evidence on this entire issue is tremendously selective and one-sided.

I know you don't like it that people here (such as myself) believe your honesty and integrity are questionable.  Unfortunately, you don't give us much reason to conclude otherwise.

Skeptic
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2002 at 6:55am by Skeptic »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #40 - Dec 27th, 2002 at 10:18pm

Actually Breeze, I did mean to reinforce your point.  I don't believe in Countermeasures, as I have said many times on this site.   

I also don't belive in the polygraph as an effective screening tool.

I do believe in using the polygraph for specific incident testing, because there is focus for the polygrapher.  The test results shoulds only be used for narrowing a suspect pool as to whom the investigators should begin work with.  But the polygraph should never exonerate anyone from the suspect pool.

Moreover, the polygraph can be an effective intimidation tool.  Again, test results are worthless, but information garnered by investigators viewing the polygraph proceedings can sometimes be effective.

That is what is known as specific incident testing.

In screening, whether it is employee or pre-employment screening, there is no incident.  The polygraph is used in an extremely broad range of questioning.  Polygraphers decide truth v. deception based on pre-determined assumptions to answers of  inherently "unanswerable" questions.  This type of testing is seriously flawed (opinions I share with the NAS).

Because of the flaws in the system, countermeasures have evolved (mostly for employee and applican use) to correct the inaccuracy of the polygraph.  Too many honest individuals have received "false positive" results, forcing a employees and applicants to counter the possibility of the "false positive."  THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN!!!  The system is completely flawed.  The polygraph must go.

What truly baffles me is the LE professional who defends the polygraph.  No LE pro would ever denounce the investigator on the street as the best tool for conducting investigations.  Their error rate is minimal, and their sucess rate is high.  Why then is the investigator replaced by a machine?  Money.  Agencies are too cheap to put extra people on the street to investigate.  The polygraph, with its high error rate, has replaced the investigator.   

I think I'd be pretty damn mad if I were an LE pro who was replaced by an inaccurate machine. 

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #41 - Dec 30th, 2002 at 2:58pm

Quote:

What truly baffles me is the LE professional who defends the polygraph.  No LE pro would ever denounce the investigator on the street as the best tool for conducting investigations.  Their error rate is minimal, and their sucess rate is high.  Why then is the investigator replaced by a machine?  Money.  Agencies are too cheap to put extra people on the street to investigate.  The polygraph, with its high error rate, has replaced the investigator.  

Dear Chris,

I too have stated in earlier threads that I think the polygraph is being used in order to save money on investigations.  The money saved has real cost in the damage to reputations and careers which are only based on polygraph results with no investigation to confirm any allegations.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Reply #42 - Dec 31st, 2002 at 7:32pm
Of all the silly, "let me prove Im smarter than you" replies I received, I may of liked Marty's the best. Is any anti-polygraph person here shocked and outraged giving the questionably legal advice they give? why would it be different if you yourselves applied the advice? You might hasten the demise of polygraph, something you do want.  Guess its easier to just talk about it, Im not surprised by this.
I enjoy having my posts called meaningless, while yours are obviously stimulating and overflowing with goodness.  Has it occurred to you anonymous that the questions posed by your soul mates have induced boredom, and I am not here to scramble around and try to respond to every rehashed notion you folks cough up?
Ok George, If you would rather do campus fliers and compete for telephone pole space with rock bands, thats your decision.  My suggestion is based on the simple belief that I have that your crew is better at dispensing faulty advice, than serving as an example.  Your little book is certainly within my reading level, but as someone who does not have a victim's mindset I refuse to embrace your vanity work.  And you should not be so quick to dismiss someones attention span if it differs from your own.  My own experiences in this area are far more extensive than yours, and your research is selective to your viewpoint. I will in the future not take you to task for being inexperienced.
Gino, it would prove that you could defeat an applicant process at will and send agencies utilizing screening exams into confusion.  Having looked at a few applications in my time, applicants are not generally asked if they intend to take a job if sucessful, and there is no consequence if an applicant withdraws.  Your "foot soldiers" would be specially trained, since it only takes a few minutes, and the results documented.  It is my belief that you folks are just as liable for advocating a behavior as performing it.
Skeptic, my good, stout hearted friend.  Turned away from your choice of profession by the overwhelming prospect of a polygraph every 5 years? wont you guys have killed it off by then? why so little confidence?  Thanks for bringing up my point, even if you tried to turn it around.  I maintain that the anti polygraph assertions have not been backed up, and are hysterical and pathetic. The way to prove me wrong is to just do so, and document it here.  Stating that sophisticated  countermeasures were sucessfully employed (among other things) in vague terms, sounds like BS.  You declined employment with NSA, why dont you get the ball rolling and specifically post what happened?  Certainly it could not impact on whatever it is that you do now.  Set an example.
Its curious to me that you are so concerned with things Ive said to George when he seems to have recovered nicely on his own.  Is it just deflecting, while trying to fill a post with something, anything?  How could you of all people question anyones honesty and integrity when you have recently admitted to employing countermeasures on a screening test for a high level government agency? If your examiner would of looked you in the eye and asked if you were manipulating the test, you would of answered "NO". Conclude again, oh pillar of truth!
Ok, Ill answer one of Beech Tree's lame questions: I passed my CQ tests (one was RI) because I must of been unsure during the asking of such questions.  While I certainly made admissions, no one will put every juvenile indiscretion on paper.  The relevant questions did not bother me, so there you go.  An example: If I gave a cat a well deserved kick, would I want to go into an applicant process stating that I abused animals? You get the idea, Im sure.
Stein, good post. You've joined the very small group of posters here that may in time command respect.  Plus you served with my brother.
Have a prosperous new year my anti polygraph friends.  Make it your resolution to spend less time here, and shoot your rifles more often!  Watch the "wind and the lion" at least once, and let your keyboards rest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Jan 1st, 2003 at 1:44am
Breeze,

Kicked the cat?  Lol, well that's over the line for me though I do admit to setting firecrackers off in anthills (no, no mailboxes).

Anyway, such fun aside, both your challenge and Drew's can not prove anything. They are inadequate from a statistical point of view and whatever their results, it would be the equivalent of spitting in the wind.

So let me suggest that conducting an appropriate, peer reviewed set of experiments on a sufficient population would further this far more. I also believe the study of countermeasures could be more fruitful since establishing base line "truth" is not at issue. Unfortunately, but understandably, federal research in this area has largely been classified for the last 10 years.  Any non-profits that might provide grant money for this endeavor? 

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #44 - Jan 1st, 2003 at 4:47pm
Breeze, you addressed the following words to me:

Quote:
Ok George, If you would rather do campus fliers and compete for telephone pole space with rock bands, thats your decision.  My suggestion is based on the simple belief that I have that your crew is better at dispensing faulty advice, than serving as an example.

You have yet to demonstrate that any advice given here is "faulty." Wasn't it your central thesis that our making countermeasure information public is unethical, because it could help criminals to beat the polygraph? Evidently, you do believe that polygraph outcomes may be influened by countermeasure use. So what advice given here is "faulty?"

Quote:
...Your little book is certainly within my reading level, but as someone who does not have a victim's mindset I refuse to embrace your vanity work. ?And you should not be so quick to dismiss someones attention span if it differs from your own.

Nonetheless, I am not convinced by the content of your posts to this message board that you have 1) read and 2) understood The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

You further boast:

Quote:
My own experiences in this area are far more extensive than yours, and your research is selective to your viewpoint....

Your accusation that "[my] research is selective to [my] viewpoint" is patently untrue. Had you bothered reading what you dismissively term "my vanity work," you would know better. My personal library on polygraphy includes writings by authors whose viewpoints are very different from my own, including the American Polygraph Association's CD-ROM archive of all issues of its quarterly Polygraph from 1972-2001, John E. Reid and Fred E. Inbau's Truth and Deception: The Polygraph ("Lie-Detector") Technique, James Allan Matte's Forensic Psychophysiology Using the Polygraph, and Leonard H. Harrelson's Lie Test: Deception, Truth and the Polygraph. In researching polygraphy, I've also relied on Department of Defense Polygraph Institute documentation, some of which AntiPolygraph.org has sought and obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. Mr. Scalabrini and I relied on all of these sources in writing The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

Perhaps it is you, Breeze, whose "research" (if any) "is selective to your viewpoint."

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Thanks to TLBTLD, I PASSED!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X