Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Campus Poster Initiative (Read 63668 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Campus Poster Initiative
Reply #30 - Sep 21st, 2003 at 7:34am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Saidme wrote on Sep 19th, 2003 at 9:25pm:
George

Your little poster campaign doesn't seem to be catching on.  I've yet to see one on any of the college campuses I've been to....

That you have not seen any AntiPolygraph.org posters is no indication of the success of this initiative. Even with hundreds of participants, it would be unlikely that anyone visiting any particular college campus on any particular day would see one.

These posters are an easy, cost-effective way for those of us interested in polygraph reform to inform those most likely to face a pre-employment polygraph examinations before their honesty and integrity is judged based on this pseudoscientific quackery.

Your gratuitous advice that I "channel [my] energies" elsewhere suggests that you are more concerned about the potential effectiveness of this initiative than you care to let on.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The Shadow
User

Who knows what evil lurks
in the hearts of men?
 The Shadow knows

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2003 at 11:41pm
Quote:
Thank you, Saidme, for that resounding vote of confidence. Yes, I committed a sexual offense. Funny thing, I lost more than you'll probably ever have, and what I've regained is probably more than what you have now. Unless you are SES, which I doubt. Of course, I always have to answer yes to that question about ever having been convicted of a felony, and I have to register, which, for anyone who thinks that actually accomplishes anything, you are sorely mistaken.

Mr. Truth, I am troubled by the above portion of your response to SAIDME.  Are you saying that the fact that you are required to register as sex offender posses no deterrent to you offending again, or do you just find it embarrassing to have to register?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #32 - Sep 22nd, 2003 at 6:53am
Yes, and yes. What deterrent effect has it had on anyone who has reoffended? Zero, from what I can see. If someone wants to reoffend, he or she is going to do so. There are people who reoffend knowing beforehand that a new offense will result in triple the penalty. Does that stop them? No. Being on the wrong side of the fence, so to speak, it is difficult to convey just how exasperating the registration requirement is, how it is so pointless because it is so ineffective as a deterrent. There are cases where it is useful - the multiple victim violent/repeat offender. For your typical offender, it is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

However, not wanting to hijack this thread, I'd still like to know what other "fine citizens" Saidme was referring to.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeff

Reply #33 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 1:06am
I attend a university with a Criminal Justice program--thus various federal and state agencies are often recruiting on campus.  I'll make sure these are up as soon as possible.

My current intentions in terms of career center around analytical positions at one of the intelligence agencies--so this site has really been invaluable.   

Thanks

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #34 - Feb 18th, 2004 at 9:09am
Jeff,

Thank you very much for helping to spread the word about polygraph screening! (I'm also glad you've found this site to be interesting. You might wish to register on the message board.)

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #35 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 10:35pm
I've printed out two of the posters and put them in my police department.  They've generated lots of questions from cops who had never heard of anyone having doubts about the polygraph.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 11:10pm
Sergeant:

Very gutsy--I imagine you'll be voted employee of the month by your peers...lol. It's actually very surprising to learn how little a lot of cops know about the polygraph's invalidity. Good job!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 8:58pm
Sergeant1107,

I'm glad to hear of your efforts and the results obtained to date with your poster distribution.  That is exactly the sort of thing that is needed.  Law enforcement officers are not stupid.  Those NOT involved with the process (i.e., those other than polygraphers and the management who were involved in supporting polygraphy/the status quo as they rose through the ranks) will see "lie detection" polygraphy (particularly polygraph screening) for what it actually is (foolishness) when presented with all the facts.  Are there national organizations such as the IACP (for executives/managers) for the working levels (the next managers/executives) that you feel this could/should be shared with?  These are the people who need to be broadly reached with the message you are sharing in a narrow fashion via the posters.  Regards....
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2005 at 11:44pm by Drew Richardson »  

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #38 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 12:03am
On a recent visit to the UCLA campus, I had the opportunity to place some of AntiPolygraph.org's posters:

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Spanish Poster
Reply #39 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 10:12am
An anonymous contributor has kindly provided a Spanish translation of Poster #4, which explains how to beat a polygraph "test." Click on the image to download it:

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box palindrome
New User

Reply #40 - May 19th, 2007 at 2:18am
I just found out about this site today. I plan on posting these up next semester at my college, and maybe some others in Boston as well though!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #41 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 10:34pm
find it interesting that the photo that you posted on 12/13/2002 is exactlyy the same photo you posted on 2/27/2007 referencing a "RECENT" trip to UCLA. 

The trees are the same height, The foliage is the same, hmm even the little tear-off pieces are in exactly the same position. 

This is either an astonishing coincidence or possibly an example of The Lie Behind The Lie Behind The Lie Detector. 

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #42 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 11:34pm
Sancho Panza,

I don't speak for George, but I do notice in the 4th picture down in the 2/27/2006 (that you apparently have referenced in error as 2/27/2007) response that there is a poster entitled "The Defeat of Solidarity" dated 2/16/2006.  Doing a Google search with the name of the talk and UCLA I find that such a talk did take place.  You are a criminal investigator, yes?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 12:59am
Actually DREW the issue his his re-use of the same picture which was the ONLY picture used in his 2002 post and then posting it again leading people to believe that it was from a 2006 visit. Irrespective of whether or not he went to the campus in 2006. Saying that this picture was from a "RECENT visit is not true regardless of whether or not he actually went to the campus in 2006.  I didn't say his entire post was a lie, just the picture. You are a former FBI agent aren't you? If one of your agents turned in the same surveillance photo twice and claimed they were taken years apart, what would you say? How would you react?  

He padded his post with a blatant falsehood. YOUR defense of his false behavior is just another example of  The Lie Behind The Lie Behind The Lie Detector. Here is a man who blatantly mislead his readership and up pops Drew Richardson in defense of his falshood.  What's more important THE TRUTH or making sure Mr. Mashke doesn't suffer any embarrassment for his behavior?  Or is this another example of what might be refferred to as a JUSTIFIABLE LIE. 

It doesn't really matter what you think of what he did. It is a plain simple fact that he represented the same picture as representing 2 visits over 3 years apart YES or NO?

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #44 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 1:13am
Sancho Panza,

Clearly your reference to "RECENT" trip implied that you were suggesting that George had fabricated (or misrepresented the date of) a trip.  When your poor research was revealed to be what it is, you are now left suggesting that George mistakenly included an old picture in with new pictures (2006) that clearly had an antipolygraph.org poster included.  Give it up...you have no point to make.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Campus Poster Initiative

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X