Normal Topic San Bernardino County Prob Dept. (Read 6961 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box peternorth
New User

San Bernardino County Prob Dept.
Oct 6th, 2002 at 8:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just got disqualified from a job with the probation dept. because my poly results were deemed inconclusive due to what they claimed was counter measures i was using. I didn't even know what countermeasures were let alone know  how to use them but never the less they said i was trying to do something with my breathing??? All i can say is that i was nervous as hell before the test and during and when the examiner told me during the test that to stop whatever i was doing or she would stop the test that even made me more nervous, which i think is why my breathing was all over the place. Pretty much it was b.s.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: San Bernardino County Prob Dept.
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2002 at 9:42am
peternorth,

Accusations of attempted countermeasures are not uncommon when a subject's breathing is slower than what the polygrapher has been taught to expect: between 15 and 30 breaths (in and out) per minute, or 2-4 seconds each.

It is important that you not let your polygrapher's false accusation go unchallenged. It may ruin not only your chances of employment with the San Bernardino County probation department, but also with other agencies.

See Chapter 5 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for more on how to procede. It's important that your challenge (and request for a new examination) be in writing and sent by certified, return-receipt mail. In addition, you may demand that your polygraph records be released to you under the California Public Records Act.

To learn about how the "test" really works (it's a fraud), see Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, and to learn about effective countermeasures that polygraphers cannot detect, see Chapter 4.

Another option you may wish to explore with a lawyer is suing both your polygrapher and her employer over her false accusation of countermeasures. No polygrapher has demonstrated the ability to reliably detect countermeasures, and your polygrapher's defamatory claim that you employed them is based on sheer conjecture.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box seeking justice

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2002 at 7:54am
peternorth:

I hope that you seek legal action against the examiner and the county of San Bernardino. I, also was recently denied a probation position with the same county due to my polygraph results.

I am convincved that the county uses illegal methods and has employed uneducated and unqualified examiners. The fact the examiner threatened to end your exam while you were stiill connected to the device is an empiracle example.

Such abuses will continue, unless individual's such as yourself take action. File a civil suit against the examiner and San Bernardino County ASAP. I have and it is just a matter of days that the county receives notice of  filings and the significant monetary compensation that I am seeking. 

I will contact you through a private message soon. Perhaps, you and I can assist each other in seeking justice against San Bernardino and it's polygraph employees.

Best Wishes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Reality Check

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2002 at 9:45am
Seeking Justice:

Perhaps you may have a monetary claim against the county, but what type of compensation do you truly expect to receive from your examiner?

After all, San Bernardino County is the the "white trash capital of the world." I agree with your statement that the county, "employs uneducated and unqualifed examiners;" however, do not expect to file a successful lein agiainst an examiner's home because at best the only property he or she will own is a single wide deluxe trailer.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box peternorth
New User

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2002 at 9:02pm
seeking justice: let me know Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2002 at 10:00pm by peternorth »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chicbette

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2002 at 5:51am
Hey Reality Check - 

I wish you were right - I'd love to see the incompetent fool that administered a poly to a friend homeless and eating Alpo, but I doubt that will happen.  The average poly examiner charges $750 per test.  (Fees can range from $500-$1k).  Assuming they do one poly a day, that's $3,750 per week, nearly $200k per year if they really work it.

All it takes is a 14 week training program, an equipment lease (about $10k??), and a polygraph examiner can be in business.  He doesn't even need a college degree.   

All this training and personal investment then gives him the privelege to #%&* with people's lives.  The power trip is a bonus.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box reality check

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2002 at 2:27pm
chicbette:

Geeze, I should of skipped college and went to polygraph school. In less than 2 months, I could have been certified and making $200K per year! Wow!

Actually, despite such potentail profits, I could never hold such a job because to be a successful polygraph examiner, one must be willing to: lie, distort charts, and be willing to send innocent individual to jail or prision. I could not sleep at night, if my occuption required me to engage in such activities.

Now, I know why it is so easy to become a certified polygragh examier. Clearly, an educated person with any abilty to think independently would not seek out such employment. This is a field for the uneducated and dogmatic.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2002 at 11:30pm
Lady and Gentlemen,

This problem is not limited to local county examiners.  I was accused during the test of "controlled breathing", and movement throughout my pre-screening exam with the FBI (a "highly" trained examiner I hope).  I was told, while the test was in progress, that if I did not change my breathing pattern, that I was going to fail.  This is an extreme example on how the examiner can skew (right next to screw) the test against the examinee.

If all of the exams were videotaped or recorded, I believe alot of inappropriate and bias behavior by examiners would be curtailed.

It would also protect the examiner against false accusations.  It would benefit everyone.

IP Logged

San Bernardino County Prob Dept.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X