Normal Topic NSA turned me into the FBI (Read 7664 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bob Savage

NSA turned me into the FBI
Jul 5th, 2002 at 10:00am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took the NSA poly about a year ago.  Failed it, and didn't get hired.  Oh well.

So, I get a call about a year later out of the blue from an agent at the local field office of the FBI.  Asks if I would be willing to meet with her and her partner.  I asked what if was all about, but she was very vague.  "Issues of national security", she says.  So I think, gee why call me?  Why don't you call the secretary of defense or something.  I finally get her to admit that is had to do with a recent application for employment.  I tell her I will get back with her so I can check my schedule at work.

I call her a couple days later (after conferring with a lawyer).  I ask her two questions:

1.  Am  I under criminal investigation for something.
2.  Is it mandatory that I met.

She said "well, no, of course not, but..."

I then said I would first need to her to be more specific about what she needed to talk with me about.  She admits it was something that came out during my NSA polygraph.

Well, I politely told her that I had no intention of rehashing what had transpired during that "bogus" process.  I also told her what I thought about polygraphs.    That I now know how "you people work".  How you will take one little thing I say and twist it around.  I told her that I was raised to be honest and respect authority figures, but that all changed after my experience with the NSA.  That I had "lost my naivete.

Thanks, but no thanks Mse. FBI babe.  Hey, if polygraphs are "99% accurate" like my NSA polygrapher tried to convince me, and if whatever they think I did was so bab, then what are you waiting for?  Put the cuffs on me baby!  Or just go get F...ed!

Actually, she sounded apologetic, which is not surprising since she probably had to do through the same process.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: NSA turned me into the FBI
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2002 at 3:58pm
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your poor experiences. I'm curious, can you recall if the NSA told you what would be done with the polygraph results, i.e., was there an expectation of privacy on your part?

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2002 at 8:24pm

Quote:

I then said I would first need to her to be more specific about what she needed to talk with me about.  She admits it was something that came out during my NSA polygraph.

Bob,
If you don't mind, could you say what the general area was on the polygraph that they thought warranted further investigation?  (based upon what others here have said, I'm betting they thought you were a drug dealer or something, but I'm just curious).

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2003 at 8:33pm
NSA's polygraph regulation requires that examinees be informed in advance "[t]hat information provided regarding possible or actual violations of criminal laws may be disseminated to appropriate law enforcement authorities..."

However, the recent NSA polygraph statement of "Frustrated" suggests that NSA polygraphers nonetheless attempt to falsely persuade examinees that any admissions "except for murder" will be held in confidence.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PROAc
New User

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2003 at 11:44am
So suppose the NSA turned you down and you still have a clearance from another agency outside of DOD, does that means that it CONSTITUTES a decision regarding your current eligibility for access? Will your clearance be take away or you're safe? Does the CIA and FBI and DOD actually shared information if one applicant was from either of the three agencies applying to one of the three agencies?

IP Logged

NSA turned me into the FBI

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X