Normal Topic HEART MURMUR (Read 5479 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ishi
New User

HEART MURMUR
Mar 31st, 2002 at 1:56am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am going through a Domestic Deferred Sentencing Program. I had been ordered to do a Polygraph test. I went to the polygrapher who the court reccomended and is licensed
in my state. They did the pre-test interview and was then hooked up to the computerized model polygraph machine. After attempting to take the test (same question) 3 different times, the polygrapher stated to me that I have the largest heart murmur they had ever seen and that it causes too much interference in the reading and I am one of a few that can not take a polygraph test. The line (heart) on the graph was going off the chart but down not up.
  After a week and a half my P.O. stated that they have a different polygrapher that states that he can read a persons polygraph chart that has this large of a heart murmur. And my P.O. stated that I must obtain a letter from a doctor stating that I have a HEART MURMUR and that it could be detramental to my health to take a poly test. (I don't think any doctor would do this). Each polygraph test will cost me $250.00.
  Can any one tell me about the Ploygraph test and heart murmurs?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: HEART MURMUR
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2002 at 4:33am
To the best of my knowledge, no information is available about the effects of heart murmurs (or any other health condition) on polygraph "tests." In a June 2001 letter to Department of Energy Office of Counterintelligence chief Michael J. Waguespack, Dr. Alan P. Zelicoff, a senior scientist with the Center for National Security and Arms Control at Sandia National Laboratories wrote:

Quote:
As the technical staff at the Labs pointed out repeatedly during the October 1999 DOE Polygraph Hearings and subsequently to [Department of Defense Polygraph Institute research division chief] Dr. Andrew Ryan  and [DOE polygraph program chief] Mr. David Renzelman, there are no scientific studies that identify medical conditions of relevance to the polygraph.... Also, there are no guidelines, textbook chapters, or review articles in any medical, psychology or psychiatry journal that describe medical contra-indications to the polygraph. I have asked both Dr. Ryan and Mr. Renzelman to provide one - just one - such publication, and they have been unable to do so.

AntiPolygraph.org has requested under the Freedom of Information Act a copy of the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute's handbook for polygraph examiners, which includes "quality control" procedures. Perhaps that document has something to say about medical conditions affecting polygraphy, but DoDPI's parent agency has not yet released it.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2002 at 4:37am
You need a lawyer. It would appear that you have lived up to your conditions of probation, but only a lawyer can tell you whether or not your PO is exceeding his authority in demanding you submit (and pay for) a physical exam to prove an assertion made by your polygrapher. It would certainly appear from here that he is.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2002 at 5:33pm
Yes, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced you definetely need an advocate. Have a lawyer come with you to your next PO meeting, or have him arrange an appointment where all three of you can sit down and discuss this. It seems absurd that you would be forced by the court to submit to and pay for a medical exam because of something a court-recommended polygrapher asserted.

If you have to, it might come down to going in front of a judge, so you really need a lawyer for that.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2002 at 3:21am

Quote:
the polygrapher stated to me that I have the largest heart murmur they had ever seen and that it causes too much interference in the reading

BT/Ishi

I have to wonder about this polygraphers intelligence. Do they cover EKG tracing interpretation in polygrapher school?  I am not sure how much time medical students and professionals spend studying EKG reading. But with only 8-10 weeks of poly U, I can't imagine them being able to make a diagnosis of a heart murmur. 

Ishi, you need to see your doctor to confirm the heart murmur and document it. Don't let the polygrapher make medical diagnosis without the medical background. As Beech Trees stated, You need to get a lawyer NOW to protect your interests

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

HEART MURMUR

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X