Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FBI TESTING - What's involved (Read 22269 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Torpedo
Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Re: FBI TESTING - What's involved
Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 12:59am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Skeptic, I respectfully request your assistance.  I could probably go back through all of the postings in the archives of this site, but I am sure you can answer this quickly and succintly. I appreciate you saving me the work.   What exactly is your personal experience with polygraph?  Have you ever taken a polygraph? Did you pass? Did you fail? Are you a former polygraph examiner ? Have you passed a polygraph in which you knew you were untruthful by using countermeasures.  Just wondering...Thanks for your quick reply.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2003 at 1:23am
Torpedo wrote on Feb 26th, 2003 at 12:59am:

Skeptic, I respectfully request your assistance.  I could probably go back through all of the postings in the archives of this site, but I am sure you can answer this quickly and succintly. I appreciate you saving me the work.   What exactly is your personal experience with polygraph?  Have you ever taken a polygraph? Did you pass? Did you fail? Are you a former polygraph examiner ? Have you passed a polygraph in which you knew you were untruthful by using countermeasures.  Just wondering...Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't mind discussing it at all.  I've taken three polygraphs for employment with the National Security Agency.  All three were Relevant/Irrelevant format.  I don't really know whether I "passed" or "failed", as I understand NSA uses the polygraph primarily as a means to elicit confessions, and although I went through three post-test interrogations, I was never explicitly told I "failed".  My understanding now is that most people applying at NSA face post-test interrogations and multiple polygraphs.

I used countermeasures during the first two polygraphs on sacrifice relevant questions and on a breakdown test.  Not surprisingly (for an NSA R/I exam) the countermeasures didn't help on the regular exam -- I got interrogated anyway.  They had the clear effect of foiling the breakdown exam, though, and there was no indication of detection whatsoever.

The last exam was the only time I was explicitly asked about research into polygraphy, at which time I volunteered my knowledge of the polygraph and countermeasures.  At no time during any of the exams did I answer any questions dishonestly.

After the third exam, I waited about a month and a half, and having heard nothing further (despite two attempts to contact the NSA and discover my status) proceeded to withdraw my application, primarily because I didn't want the joy of going through the same experience every five years or so.  Their response indicated to me that I had not been disqualified from the application process at the time, so presumably (despite all the fun interrogations) I passed.

Skeptic
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2003 at 2:04am by Skeptic »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box evan pulliki

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 3:10pm
Grin I'll tell you something the secret is to lie, lie, lie, lie, because the real honest FBI agents never get the job...

Always lie...

If the president can do it, so can you!

*wink*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
FBI TESTING - What's involved

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X