Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FBI TESTING - What's involved (Read 22695 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fifazip
New User

Re: FBI TESTING - What's involved
Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 1:53pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am so sorry to hear about your test.  I facing a test in the near future.  If you feel comfortable, would you please give details about the process you went through (pre-test, control vs. relevent questions, post-test, etc.)?  I hope you decide to appeal and get a retest.  Good luck to you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box unbelievable
New User

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 7:07pm
jrjr2-

How long did it take you to get your results?  Do you know which questions you failed?

Very good luck on your appeal.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #17 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 7:55am
jrjr2,

Be sure to appeal the polygrapher's decision in writing and request a re-"test." Don't just accept the FBI's slander against you. See Chapter 5 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for some ideas on how to proceed.

You might also wish to contact Mark Zaid, an attorney who is representing a number of federal law enforcement applicants who were similarly denied employment because of the divinations of polygraph chartgazers. Mr. Zaid's e-mail address is ZaidMS@aol.com.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jrjr2

Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2002 at 12:29am
I have attempted to make contact with Mr. Zaid I am merely waiting for a reply. I do intend to appeal the decision but from what I have read on this site I do not hold much hope but if by some glimmer of hope I should get a retest I will be using countermeasures. 
In reponse to the questions posted about my accounts, I found out the following day that I failed, anyone familiar with polygraphs knows that an examiner knows right away whether the subject has passed or failed. It is my understanding that the FBI polygrapher will say that it has to be sent to washington for verification before results are made available to the examinee.
As far as what exact control questions are, there were several  : have you ever told a lie to an employer to save yourself from discipline? Is there anything in your background that if you told us about you could be arrested for? there were two others but I can't remember them however, when compared to the relevant questions they are transparent.
On another note I have contacted the LAPD about employment and they told me that a failed polygraph would definitely be taken into account in any applicant hiring process.  I also spoke with Customs because I am a commercial rated pilot and I wanted to fly for them but a recruiter I spoke with said in no uncertain terms that I would not be considered for employment with the polygraph failure on my record.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jrjr2
New User

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2002 at 12:36pm
they would not tell me which specific questions i failed but they did say that I was found to be deceptive in multiple areas.There were really only two areas which could maybe be broken into four , drug use, drug selling, selling sensitive information, and belonging to a group with ill intent toward the govenrment. I am I have no real way of knowing which areas I failed since I have not done any of these.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box accesspoint
New User

Reply #20 - Nov 8th, 2002 at 5:06am
Could someone tell me in laymans terms what a "control" question is and maybe an example?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #21 - Nov 8th, 2002 at 6:30am
Dear Accesspoint,

Please download the "Lie Behind the Lie Detector."  Skip to chapter 3 and 4.  It will be worth your time.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PROAc
New User

Reply #22 - Dec 16th, 2002 at 5:57am
I read somewhere that 40% of the total FBI workforce (special agent only) have less than 5 years experiences. That would mean most of the FBI polygraphers are new at their positions or as in the Hanssen report by Judge Webster, mentioned that most agents considered security-related duties like polygraphy as dead-ends jobs, meaning the best and brightest agents are not being used. 
BTW, requiring a college degrees will disqualify most military personnel, who have the field experiences and combat experiences for some.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #23 - Dec 16th, 2002 at 7:19am
Thats realy good "I read something somewhere" This post is indicative of the entire site

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #24 - Dec 16th, 2002 at 7:52am
Quote:

Thats realy good "I read something somewhere" This post is indicative of the entire site

Oh, please.  Much of the information on polygraphy presented on Antipolygraph.org is the most thoroughly-researched and referenced you can find.  

On the other hand, the lowbrow quality of your posts, polylawman (I doubt you'd know good research if it bit you in the behind) is pretty much the average of what we see here from polygraph proponents.

Do yourself a favor and don't cast that stone.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest_User

Reply #25 - Feb 14th, 2003 at 4:26pm
This thread seems to ramble on and on with conspiracy theories and people's insane notions that polygraph screening must be defated with scientific knowledge and the reading of some book.  In all honesty, if you want to work for any agency but are so distrustful of them that you buy into this horse dung, then you should rethink your career goals.

Duc, I liked your postings, but please keep in mind that some details of your experiences are better left undisclosed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest 1

Reply #26 - Feb 14th, 2003 at 4:47pm
Anyone who is not "distrustful" of ALL government agencies is a fool.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #27 - Feb 14th, 2003 at 6:45pm
Quote:

This thread seems to ramble on and on with conspiracy theories and people's insane notions that polygraph screening must be defated with scientific knowledge and the reading of some book.  In all honesty, if you want to work for any agency but are so distrustful of them that you buy into this horse dung, then you should rethink your career goals.

What aspect(s) of understanding the lie behind the lie detector and seeking to eliminate this unscientific fraud from the pre-employment screening and counter-intelligence screening is (are) insane, exactly?

Your second thought has validity: Any entity that would rely on the polygraph to select the 'best and brightest' should be evaluated according to the travesty of that policy.

Quote:
Duc, I liked your postings, but please keep in mind that some details of your experiences are better left undisclosed.

Why?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Xmit

Reply #28 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 10:32pm
I just recently passed the FBI polygraph test and I think it was so easy.   As an Asian, I passed, I think every body in here will be passed.   The key is to answer honestly with the questions-whether you did or didn't, tell the agent up-front.

Wish you guys luck.  Remember be honest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #29 - Feb 25th, 2003 at 11:29pm

Quote:

I just recently passed the FBI polygraph test and I think it was so easy.   As an Asian, I passed, I think every body in here will be passed.   The key is to answer honestly with the questions-whether you did or didn't, tell the agent up-front.

Wish you guys luck.  Remember be honest.

Congratulations on passing.  I think we all here agree that honesty in response to relevant questions asked by background investigators/counterintelligence personnel is important.

Unfortunately, honesty does not appear to be a sufficient means to "pass" a polygraph in many cases.  I'm glad it was in yours.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
FBI TESTING - What's involved

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X