Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Poly in Asian Country (Read 9594 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Poly in Asian Country
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2002 at 11:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
3. Strengthen my responds when I am asked for the irrelevant questions.

This could be useful if your polygrapher compares responses to relevant versus irrelevant questions in reaching his decision on whether you pass or fail. However, in the descriptions of the R/I technique that I've read, the irrelevant questions are not scored. Nonetheless, it is plausible that a polygrapher might (consciously or unconsciously) take into account the size of any reaction to an irrelevant question in determining how signficant a reaction to a relevant question is. If such were the case, then creating a response to an irrelevant question could be helpful in passing the "test."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xpmachina
New User

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2002 at 6:12pm
Dear All, 

Let me explain my situation before we have further discussion. I am in an Asian country(it's Taiwan) and I am facing a criminal case. In this country, poly test is very popular in investgating. My lawyer called it "the laziest way to get the truth". So even if i had not promised the DA to submit a poly test, I would still have to go throught it. So it's not I want to do this, I have to.

Till now, I have not been accused of any crimes, we are still in the investgating stage. And I will face my poly test next Monday as you've already known. You can see the picture of poly test in Taiwan at http://www.cib.gov.tw/cib40000/41160.asp

The descripitons of the picture are talking about the procedures of the poly test. There are 

1. Using the materials they have collected from anything they have, like police reports, suspect's confession, spot exmaminations, witness reports, autopsy reports etc..

2. Before the poly test, there will be a pre-test interrogation.

3. From above, they make question sets.

4. Connect you with wires, and start the test. The readings are still blood pressure, pulse, breath and skin electric resistence.

5. Post-test interrogation.

This is the best way I can describe the poly test in Taiwan.

I am still practicing the countermeasures like breathing and anal pucker. I think what George said is right. I have to prevent certain pattern of the readins in regarding to revelant questions. So can anyone can give me more advices upon what I mentioned and the picture?

Thank you very much

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #17 - Feb 27th, 2002 at 2:10am
xpmachina,

The polygraph instrument in the illustration appears to be a Stoelting computerized model. One of Stoelting's marketing gimmicks is a computerized chart scoring algorithm it has developed with polygraph data from the United States Secret Service. I doubt that any such scoring algorithm was developed based on the R/I technique.

I don't know if Taiwan's police force is exclusively using computerized Stoelting polygraph instruments, but if you see such a polygraph instrument, then I would not be surprised if you encounter a standard probable-lie "control" question "test" instead of a R/I "test," notwithstanding what the lawyers you consulted told you.

Note also that a Stoelting polygraph instrument may optionally have an "activity sensor" attached to it. This sensor is a strain guage that is placed underneath the front legs of the chair, and it could detect the shift in weight distribution that would accompany use the tack-in-the-shoe countermeasure:

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xpmachina
New User

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2002 at 8:40am
Thank you George, 

I have talked with some local lawyers, and the lawyers in Taiwan are not familiar with poly test knowledge. They don't know what control question is, they don't know revelant question either. I think before I submit the poly test, I shall follow your advices.

Since I am facing a probable-lie control questions, I think I have to do what you have always emphasized -- "Producing stronger responds on control questions than revelant questions", and I am still practicing the countermeasures of breathing and anal pucker.  I still have one week to practice, wish me luck.

Please give me more advices, thank you everyone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box DNgoo

Reply #19 - Apr 17th, 2002 at 9:17am
I'm sad for all the poor souls eg xpmachina who is seeking for info about poly on this site and the ignorants like Gino trying to play the wise guy.  Gino's description about poly test shows that he's in the 1920s.   God Bless xpmachina.   Whatz his problem???????????????????????

IP Logged

Poly in Asian Country

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X