Normal Topic CVSA RESULTS (Read 2127 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rose
New User

CVSA RESULTS
Jun 16th, 2001 at 7:26pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Kiss

Just wanted to share results after much undue fear. A good friend advised me to just relax and that was the key to the whole thing.   

As George's book said, dress professionally, carry a pre-though-out book (I carried a book about marathon running), and RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! I have to admit that being about as pre-armed with knowledge as humanly possible, I still wanted to give into the fear and buy into the whole game. I really see that about 1 hour and 50 minutes of the whole two hour experience was just a well-trained in psychology examiner reading me as a human.

I looked him in the eye often without trying to be strange about it, tried to keep my body language "open" without being overly open (you don't want to treat it like a joke). 

I really expected to be tortured and cross-examined but I found my testor to be a very personable and encouraging person. However, never for a minute as George said, did I forget he wasn't my buddy and for all I knew that was some sort of act. Anyway, I'd rather have the "friendly" act than not, it did a lot to calm me down.

I have to admit there were a few times I wanted to burst out laughing when he said the CVSA could penetrate into my deepest psyche and find my lies. There were also a few times I started to say "Ohmigod they are going to get me!!!!"  Armed with knowledge or not, it is an extremely intimidating experience.

O.k. of special note, like the polygraph, there are control questions and relevant questions.  Apparently in controlled false questions (where they have you lie to an obvious question, like "Is the light on?" and you know it is and you say "No.") when you are lying the pattern on the screen of the CVSA monitor is supposed to show a "boxy" type affect to your answers. When you tell the truth it shows what looks like straight up peaks, like a triangle, or like a mountain that goes straight up.  Curiously, when I new I was lying on purpose, my peaks did look slightly boxy, but I wonder if that was because my voice sort of strained.

The actual test took like 2 minutes.  He even told me what questions he was going to ask and we did a trial run. I just tried to RELAX! RELAX! RELAX! That seemed to do the trick.  Also, if your answer looks boxy on a really dumb question, like "Is your name ....?" He said it is a delayed reaction to the previous question, "Do you have sex with farm animals, etc." Well, whatever, I passed! 

I want everyone to know even tho I passed, I think this is a horrible trick and I hope continue to want to help to eradicate this devious practice. I can only imagine the hell this would put an entirely innocent person through if they false failed.  Take care all.  Rose

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JM

Re: CVSA RESULTS
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2002 at 9:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The important question is - Should you have failed the test? Did your preparation enable you to mislead the examiner causing you to 'pass' when in fact you should have 'failed'? Or were you merely better prepared for testing, knowing you had nothing to hide?
Thanks

IP Logged

CVSA RESULTS

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X