Normal Topic FBI PHASE II TESTING (Read 39753 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ACE

FBI PHASE II TESTING
Jan 31st, 2002 at 3:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anybody out there know what I can be studying to prepare for the Phase II test with the FBI?  I am not asking for any unlawful disclosures here, just a little guidance.

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jrjr2
New User

Re: FBI PHASE II TESTING
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2002 at 11:58am
I cannot give you specifics because I signed a non disclosure agreement  but I can tell you that if you have any friends in the airline industry the interviews they go through are very similar, I know because I am a pilot and all the mock interviews I did in college prepared me for this. The written is very straight foward, if your writting skills are below college level you will have trouble. You must be able to look at data and compile it into a coherent report.
I found it to be a very easy test but I was at the interview with 20 people and close to half of them failed.
good luck. 
P.S. I was taken out by the polygraph if you have any doubts about using countermeasures i strongly suggest you lay those doubts to rest and employ whatever tactics you have at your disposal

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ACES RESPONSE

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2002 at 10:01pm

Quote:

Does anybody out there know what I can be studying to prepare for the Phase II test with the FBI?  I am not asking for any unlawful disclosures here, just a little guidance.
Thanks

ACE,
    You will have an oral interview (with 3 agents, that each ask about 5 questions) and it lasts approx 1 hour. The questions range from moral, ethical and job related info. They want to know about you and your experiences, and how you resolved problems at work/home/school/personal. This is a time where you toot your own horn.
     The second part of Phase II, is a comprehensive written test. You are given a packet of material from which you need to pull all relevant information, complile the what's relevant and what's not, then put your thoughts down on paper. My paper ended up being 5 pages in length.
    That's it for Phase II. The written portion is easier than the interview. Needless to say, if you have good personal skills and have a few years work experience under your belt, with some managerial skills, you should be okay.
     If you pass Phase II, you'll know within about 10 days to 2 weeks via mail. If you pass, then comes the fun part: The Polygraph. You can either use countermeasures to try and defeat the poly (remember, if you are caught doing this you will be dismissed from the applicant process and never be allowed to retest again.) or you can tell the truth. As an agent, you will be expected to tell the truth at all times and have a high ethical standard. How do you want to start off your career? Your choice and good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2002 at 10:40pm
Quote:
As an agent, you will be expected to tell the truth at all times and have a high ethical standard.

Unless, of course, you are selected to become a polygrapher, in which case you will be expected, on a routine basis, to lie to and otherwise deceive those whom you "test," as explained in Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2002 at 3:50pm
Quote:
Unless, of course, you are selected to become a polygrapher, in which case you will be expected, on a routine basis, to lie to and otherwise deceive those whom you "test," as explained in Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

And may I add, also when you are subjected to regular polygraph interrogations during your career with the FBI, in which your polygraph interrogator expects you to lie  when replying to the Control Questions, so that he might compare those physiological responses to the physiological responses of the Relevant Questions and thus magically divine your dishonesty or truthfulness.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Richard Cranium

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2003 at 12:32pm
I was just wondering, what do you mean by counter measures?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Boston Blackie

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2003 at 12:24am
Quote:
I was just wondering, what do you mean by counter measures?
NICE TRY! Who are you kidding?
"RICHARD CRANIUM"  is that a real name or is it a pseudonym for "rich brain".  Please accept my apology in advance if it is really your name.  I really mean no disrespect.  It is hard to believe that anybody familiar with this forum would ask that question.

Boston Blackie

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2003 at 5:11am
Richard Cranium, 

If you have not already done so since your initial post; I strongly recommend that you download and read chapter(s) 3 and 4 of "TLBTLD" available for free of charge on this website @: http://www.antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-the-lie-detector.pdf      

The referenced reading material "TLBTLD" will provide you with a very thorough understanding of how polygraph testing works, and does not. Furthermore, it will clearly explain what polygraph countermeasures are, and how to employ them. The choice will ultimately be yours to make. Remember, false positive results are not uncommon. 

Knowledge is power, and I urge you to educate yourself on polygraph testing. 

Good luck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Boston Blackie,  

[You wrote]      
Quote:
NICE TRY! Who are you kidding?  
"RICHARD CRANIUM"  is that a real name or is it a pseudonym for "rich brain".  Please accept my apology in advance if it is really your name.  I really mean no disrespect.  It is hard to believe that anybody familiar with this forum would ask that question.

What kind of a name is Boston Blackie, Triple x, Batman, Torpedo, Beech Trees, etc.? The previous referenced board identities are no different than Richard Cranium? Unlike George, Drew Richardson and perhaps a couple of other registered members; most people like myself cannot openly make our identity known, for fear of potential adverse consequences and repercussions for those of us that hold security clearances, and/or Government sensitive positions; i.e., FBI, DEA, CIA, US Customs, USSS, DoD, DOE, etc.      

Regards,      
Triple x      
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2003 at 12:53am by triple x »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Boston Blackie

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2003 at 9:12pm
Undecided Triple x

to answer your question in part, Boston Blackie is a nice name.  As for the rest of the names you mentioned, you will have to ask them what kind of names those are.

Boston Blackie

IP Logged

FBI PHASE II TESTING

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X