Normal Topic Do this sound like I passed?? (Read 2823 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box simplymattb
New User

Do this sound like I passed??
Dec 17th, 2001 at 1:52pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I went to take my first Polygraph test ever, got there right on time and then met the tester. He gave me a packet to fill out I filled it out then off to the test room. once there he asked me about some of the questions I didnt have a problem so we took the test. So after the test he said I he had 2 areas of concern and one wasnt a big deal.

The 1st one was "Other what I had told him did I ever steal anything over 10 dollars" I said no. So he asked me what excatly was I thinking when he asked me the question. I told him that I told my BI I had downloaded Mp3's but then she told me it wasnt a crime  (after calling the computer dept) ???? I wasnt going to argue with my BI. SO he said you where thinking about he music. I said "Yes Sir" he seemed satisfied. I told him I had been a little nervous about the subject so I tried not to think about it.

Then the second question he said I had a problem with is "Was I ever forced to quit or resign at a previous job"

I told him on this question No I WAS not ever fired. Thing was I had 25 jobs and could barley remember all of them he then looked in my packet and saw I was telling the truth. HE then said you worked as a handyman at comfort inn and quit and when asked why said " I wasnt any Good" in the reason I quit. He said to me "did they fire you. I said no sir " I quit cause I knew I wasnt good at all Smiley we both laughed.

Hethen stood up and said I dont see anything else everything else is fine your good to go.

Does this sound like I passed????

Thanks
Matt

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Do this sound like I passed??
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2001 at 3:56pm
Yes, it sounds like you passed.

Your polygrapher seems to have been satisfied with your explanations of what you were thinking of when he asked you the questions to which he claimed you were showing reactions, and it is hard to imagine that the admissions you described were disqualifying. If your polygrapher believed you were being deceptive with regard to the relevant questions, you would very likely have been treated to a post-test interrogation (regarding which, see Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.)

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Homeo
New User

Re: Do this sound like I passed??
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2001 at 11:37pm
I agree with George.  I'm sure he is more experienced than I, but I've taken 4 polygraphs and I've asked the same questions you are.  But I think, if the polygrapher thought there was something, he/she would have questioned you a little more.  They probably have to "prove" you are lying, and they have to get you to offer more or different information.

I've thought I failed before, because he didn't come out and say "you passed".  It could be a game for them too.   

In my amateur opinion, you passed.

IP Logged

Do this sound like I passed??

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X