Normal Topic Welcome to the Message Board (Read 13898 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the Message Board
Sep 29th, 2000 at 8:18am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Welcome to the AntiPolygraph.org message board.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chris T

Re: Welcome to the Message Board
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2000 at 5:33am
Antipolygraph.org is an excellent site for information about how evil the uses of the polygraph often are and how to overcome these twisted attempts of manipulation.  And.......The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is simply AWESOME!  I failed my last (mandatory, but I won't get into it) polygraph "test", and I was totally honest.  And I downloaded and printed out the free copy of this publication and am studying it and highlighting the critical data.  I WILL pass my next examination (I really need to).  Thanks to the people responsible for Antipolygraph.org and The Lie Behind the Lie Detector

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Chris T

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2000 at 5:34am
Antipolygraph.org is an excellent site for information about how evil the uses of the polygraph often are and how to overcome these twisted attempts of manipulation.  And.......The Lie Behind the Lie Detector is simply AWESOME!  I failed my last (mandatory, but I won't get into it) polygraph "test", and I was totally honest.  And I downloaded and printed out the free copy of this publication and am studying it and highlighting the critical data.  I WILL pass my next examination (I really need to).  Thanks to the people responsible for Antipolygraph.org and The Lie Behind the Lie Detector

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box james

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2000 at 1:18pm
Has anyone ever heard of "Stroop Test" used as a lie-detector test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2000 at 2:07pm
I've never heard of a Stroop test being used as a lie detector "test." Have you?

For any who, like me, had never even heard of a "Stroop test" before, you'll find an explanation here:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rdeyoung/instruments/daf_tests/stroop/stroopdesc....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John (Guest)

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2000 at 8:47pm
With the increase in polygraphs (especially since the Wen Ho Lee debacle).  I was wondering if the ACLU has mobilized to take any action.  Also, I was wondering if this sites creators are affiliated with the ACLU?  Right now (it seeems)...is the time for action if there are any hopes of including Federal, State, and Local goverments into the Employment Polygraph Protection Act...  Just Wondering.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box twoblock (Guest)

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2000 at 4:39am
John,

It appears the ACLU is not interested in the polygraph but, it is time for all of us to get involved. Our elected congressmen, both state and federal, needs pressure applied to them to either take the polygraph themselves or abolish it completely. In the reading room of this website is an "open letter to all elected and appointed officials". Copy this letter and send it, or your own version, to your congress people. I believe this is the best way to get the polygraph stopped. I don't believe any of them wishes to take one. I have sent out many of them but it is going to take more than a few of us to apply the required pressure.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Maschke (Guest)

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2000 at 8:06am

Quote:
With the increase in polygraphs (especially since the Wen Ho Lee debacle).  I was wondering if the ACLU has mobilized to take any action.  Also, I was wondering if this sites creators are affiliated with the ACLU?  Right now (it seeems)...is the time for action if there are any hopes of including Federal, State, and Local goverments into the Employment Polygraph Protection Act...  Just Wondering. 

John,

I'm one of this site's creators (it's registered in my name), and I am not a member of the ACLU. Polygraph reform has not been high on the ACLU's agenda, although it has taken an in-principle stand against it. We would welcome renewed interest by the ACLU in this timely issue.

I agree with you that the time for action is now, and would welcome your participation in this effort. AntiPolygraph.org is an ad hoc organization: we're not incorporated (but may do so later, as a non-profit organization), and there are no dues. All are welcome to join in this effort.

Everyone can help by writing their elected officials. Addresses of some key members of Congress are to be found on our Get Involved page.

You can also help by bringing the issue to the attention of relatives, friends, and acquaintances and telling them about the information available on this website. Too many people are unaware of the problems of polygraphy, and we need to inform the public.

If you have had an experience with the polygraph that you would like to share, we would welcome a written statement (anonymous, if you prefer) to be posted on this site, so that others may learn.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Terri

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2001 at 6:26pm
I have been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. Against my better judgement, my attorney had me take a polygraph test yesturday. This polygraph was a privite one that I paid for myself, $ 350.00 !!  Now that I`ve passed it, with flying colors, my attorney is telling me that I now must take another at the State Police Post for the D.A. !! I am refusing to do it. I have already taken one and passed. I see no reason, if these test are as accurate as made out to be, why the D.A. cannot use this one. Now, the only reason I can see for another one, is for the State Police to interrogate me without my attorney, such as he is, present. I know I need another lawyer, but this guy has my money and I am stuck. I just cannot come up with another retainer. There is no possible way. I had to pull a loan to pay this guy !! He is now telling me that without me taking this one at the State Police post for the D.A., I am going to end up spending thousands of dollars fighting this in court, where as if I take it and pass, there`s a 30 to 40 percent chance the D.A. will drop the charges. Well, I don`t have thosands of dollars to spend, but I will not take another of these so called test. My take is, if their all that accurate, than the one I already taken should be enough. so what if the next one will be asked by a diffrent person. So what if it`s the states and not a privite one. The bottom line is, I took one and passed and thats all that should matter !!  Shocked

IP Logged

Welcome to the Message Board

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X