Police,  Sheriffs',  and Corrections Departments Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment
Discuss non-polygraph related aspects of local, county, and state law enforcement hiring processes here. Discuss testing procedures, interview questions, disqualification criteria, background investigations, life on the beat, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 435
Pages Pages: 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
does this show on a background inv.
I just submitted to mt B.I yesterday. I dont have anything on my record except a few things when i was a minor. I was told by one individual that your juvenile record gets sealed once you turn 18 and ...

Started Nov 21st, 2003 at 2:18am by clownmaster (Guest)
1 1995 Last Post Nov 21st, 2003 at 7:03am
By: Full name (Guest)
Normal Topic
What's up with Zaid and his lawsuit?
What's up with Zaid's lawsuit?  I haven't seen a progress report in a long time.  Did he bite off more than he could chew?

Started Nov 12th, 2003 at 6:01pm by topgman (Guest)
1 1603 Last Post Nov 13th, 2003 at 3:15am
By: Ray
Normal Topic
law enforcement should get a clue
I am a college student who is doing an in depth report on the use/misuse of lie detector tests.  I discovered your extraordinary website from a classmates' tip.  I have been online looking at various ...

Started Nov 4th, 2003 at 3:08pm by Speros Braga (Guest)
2 2570 Last Post Nov 4th, 2003 at 8:45pm
By: Marty
Normal Topic
LAPD poly
Are the examiners that give the polygraph for the LAPD contracted by the LAPD, or are they detectives that just "qualify" to do interrogation?

Started Oct 22nd, 2003 at 4:13pm by Jack_T
9 5238 Last Post Oct 28th, 2003 at 11:56pm
By: Jack_T
Normal Topic
background info
When I was younger, I came very close to joining the military (I even went to a MEPS center to be sworn in), but I was told to get a new SSN card with my full name. Eventually, I lost interest and nev...

Started Aug 22nd, 2001 at 4:50am by Jay (Guest)
4 1937 Last Post Oct 20th, 2003 at 5:13pm
By: Fair Chance
Normal Topic
Departments that polygraph vs. ones that don't
I would like to see the statistics on police corruption when comparing departments that utilize the polygraph in their hiring processes and ones that do not.  The department I work for is a large one,...

Started Oct 16th, 2003 at 8:45pm by common sense (Guest)
1 2003 Last Post Oct 17th, 2003 at 6:23am
By: beech trees
Normal Topic
Backer Acted at age 19
I am having trouble with getting hired due to me being baker-acted at the age of 19. I am now 26 years old. I foolishly took some asprin to get my girlfriend's attention at the time. Since then I join...

Started Sep 24th, 2003 at 7:40am by oscar
0 1413 Last Post Sep 24th, 2003 at 10:40am
By: oscar
Normal Topic
psych test quesrion
Early this year i took a psych exam for a lawenforcement agency. it turns out the psychologist wanted some old psych records, however my school did not know where those records were, i had about 4 wee...

Started Aug 23rd, 2003 at 6:04am by mark (Guest)
1 1877 Last Post Sep 20th, 2003 at 7:44pm
By: mark (Guest)
Normal Topic
Steroids= Not hired?
Would a week long steroid usage be frowned upon by police departments. Be that it was back in high school and i now am 24 yrs of age...I do not know the drug policy for the dept. Chicago inv told me s...

Started Sep 15th, 2003 at 5:32am by JASPER (Guest)
1 2062 Last Post Sep 19th, 2003 at 9:59pm
By: Poly-Killer
Normal Topic
Diabetes
Does anyone know if haveing Diabetes will cancel any chance for a Federal Law Enforcement postion or Local Law Enforcement postion? I have had Diabetes for 11 years and I am controled with a clean re...

Started Sep 17th, 2003 at 8:31pm by VARAGE (Guest)
0 1354 Last Post Sep 17th, 2003 at 11:31pm
By: VARAGE (Guest)
Normal Topic
police applications
As Americans when we are seeking to find a career we apply to more than one job quite often to have a better chance. I heard from other forums that if an applicant applys to many agencies it looks bad...

Started Aug 31st, 2003 at 6:26am by mike (Guest)
0 1597 Last Post Aug 31st, 2003 at 9:26am
By: mike (Guest)
Normal Topic
many police know polygraphs are worthless
It seems to me that many police officers I speak with know that polygraph exams are garbage because of their unreliability.  Knowing this I wonder why so many departments rely on them when used in hir...

Started Aug 29th, 2003 at 1:06am by lincoln
3 3211 Last Post Aug 30th, 2003 at 3:35am
By: Fred F.
Normal Topic
TO George W. Maschke PLZ HELP
Hi it seems to me that u know what to do, so i would like if you could plz help me out
I have already taken 1 polygraph test to become a miami,florida police officer and out of all the questions ...

Started Aug 27th, 2003 at 7:17pm by blueiice21
1 2144 Last Post Aug 27th, 2003 at 10:34pm
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
lawenforcement academies
I have a question regarding law enforcement academies, Are the academic style of teaching tend to look like a 2 year college type of teaching, or 4 year type of college teaching. I never have taken an...

Started Aug 23rd, 2003 at 2:04am by juno (Guest)
2 2271 Last Post Aug 25th, 2003 at 5:22am
By: Fair Chance
Normal Topic
psychological exam
Im not sure if this is true but thought i should ask, When an applicant takes a psych wriiten test, Is the written exam graded into a profile of A through f as well as the psych interview. When the de...

Started Aug 21st, 2003 at 5:36am by luise (Guest)
2 2260 Last Post Aug 21st, 2003 at 7:40pm
By: Saidme
Normal Topic
what does eveyone think
how do lawenforcement agencies view applicants who apply to many agencies. could that look bad and dq someone. i feel applicants can apply as much as they want because they are just looking for a job....

Started Aug 18th, 2003 at 11:07pm by noel (Guest)
2 1974 Last Post Aug 21st, 2003 at 2:15am
By: Saidme
Normal Topic
LAPD on the other hand.....
When I took my poly. for the LAPD things were much better than the local PD.  When I came to my "domestic violence" issues (prior post) at the LAPD poly., I began to explain my "violent" acts of noogi...

Started Aug 18th, 2003 at 9:11pm by formula1 (Ex Member)
0 1558 Last Post Aug 19th, 2003 at 12:11am
By: formula1 - Ex Member
Normal Topic
I am a drug dealer!?
I was also DQ'd from my a local PD for my "drug posessions" and from taking $10 from a wallet I found (which I agree was childish and stupid).  I only have a beef with  my "domestic issues" (prior pos...

Started Aug 18th, 2003 at 8:55pm by formula1 (Ex Member)
0 901 Last Post Aug 18th, 2003 at 11:55pm
Normal Topic
I am a wife beater
I am new to this site and have been reading other people's stories.  Rats, I should have found this site a long time ago.  I really don't want to sound like sour grapes, and if I have ever done someth...

Started Aug 18th, 2003 at 8:42pm by formula1 (Ex Member)
0 1514 Last Post Aug 18th, 2003 at 11:42pm
Normal Topic
Question About Medical History
Hi I'm new to the forum.
I took anti depressants for a period of time.
I have no emotional probems or any other.
I took the med throughout high school and some of college.  I've been of...

Started Aug 15th, 2003 at 6:26am by JimmyD
1 1917 Last Post Aug 15th, 2003 at 4:53pm
By: The_Breeze
Pages Pages: 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top