Intelligence Agency Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Intelligence Agency Applications, Hiring, and Employment
This forum is for non-polygraph related discussion of the CIA, NSA, NRO, DIA, DHS, NIMA and other US intelligence agencies. What internship and/or student programs are available? What is the testing, interview, and background investigation process like? Security clearance questions, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 320
Pages Pages: 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
How long to get Clearnace from NSA/CIA
Does anybody know how long it takes to get clearance from NSA/CIA. Its been going on for over year a now. Taken five poly's. Background and everything is done.

Started Sep 26th, 2009 at 12:11am by halfpathan
1 2910 Last Post Oct 6th, 2009 at 12:36am
By: BBernie
Normal Topic
phone interview with cia
i have my phone interview with cia 6 weeks ago and i have not heard or receive anything.  By the end of interview i couldnt tell how the over all interview went.  any one have any idea how long it tak...

Started Sep 2nd, 2009 at 12:08am by techniq
0 2731 Last Post Sep 2nd, 2009 at 12:08am
By: techniq
Normal Topic
Interested in applying for the CIA/NSA, have questions
Hi everyone,
Right now I am going to be entering my senior year at a top 50 US university. I am double-majoring in international relations and history with a current GPA of 3.03 (my major GPA is ...

Started Aug 6th, 2009 at 3:57am by dragonfly22588
1 8408 Last Post Aug 24th, 2009 at 9:50am
By: KFC
Normal Topic
Chances: your opinion
I recently applied to the CIA over the internet in early march for a Clandestine student position.  They recently contacted me and asked me to fill out a packet.  I have not heard since and was wonder...

Started Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:00pm by smfischer4
4 4831 Last Post Aug 24th, 2009 at 9:41am
By: KFC
Normal Topic
Internet Gambling
I'm recently going through the interview process for the fbi and was wondering if previous internet gambling activity would damage my chances?  Its not extensive, just several hundred dollars a year d...

Started Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:49pm by smfischer4
0 1661 Last Post Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:49pm
By: smfischer4
Normal Topic
Denial
Recently denied TS/SCI with NSA as a civilian.  I was informed that due to the Privacy Act I signed at the beginning of the Polygraph, no information disclosed or discussed would be shared or revealed...

Started Aug 13th, 2009 at 2:11am by dog town
1 2431 Last Post Aug 13th, 2009 at 4:35am
By: T.M. Cullen
Normal Topic
NSA Whistleblower Russ Tice Speaks with FBI Whistleblower Sibel Edmonds and Peter B. Collins
Sibel Edmonds, the former FBI linguist who founded the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition (of which I am a member), has recently started an audio podcast series with radio host Peter B. Col...

Started Jul 31st, 2009 at 5:09am by George W. Maschke
0 1571 Last Post Jul 31st, 2009 at 5:09am
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
CIA Application process
I recently completed a phone interview and subsequently, the written application for the CIA.  I have not heard back yet (although it might be too soon).  I was curious as to the time period that peop...

Started Jun 23rd, 2008 at 1:19pm by jackson4231
3 10013 Last Post Jun 29th, 2009 at 8:43pm
By: Plutonium
Normal Topic
Getting an early start
I'm a freshly graduated high school senior planning on applying for the NCS internship program after my first year of college, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on what they're looking f...

Started Jun 26th, 2009 at 9:42pm by wpb13
1 2243 Last Post Jun 26th, 2009 at 10:43pm
Normal Topic
Changing jobs while processing clearance?
I recently was offered a COE for an intelligence agency and I just turned in my completed SF-86.  I have nothing to worry about in terms of the clearance going through.  I am currently employed in the...

Started Jun 23rd, 2009 at 2:23pm by billyboy
1 1880 Last Post Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:22pm
By: pixkbi
Normal Topic
What should I tell friends and family?
So, I may have found my calling in life.  I recently discovered the world of intelligence analysis and I enjoy it so much it's kind of intoxicating.
But there's a major hitch...
What am I su...

Started May 14th, 2009 at 8:36pm by thisisnotmyname
4 5126 Last Post May 16th, 2009 at 8:18pm
By: Twoblock
Normal Topic
CIA Phone Interview
would anyone be able to shed any light on the phone interview process with the CIA...I just had one a few days ago and its hard to tell whether or not it went well...the recruiter didn't really show a...

Started May 1st, 2009 at 6:39am by tomrain
1 5483 Last Post May 1st, 2009 at 5:12pm
By: ellyr
Normal Topic
Antidepressants
Does anyone know if taking antidepressants hurts your chances of getting accepted to the CIA?  My father passed away about one year ago, after several years of battling cancer.  Not long after that, I...

Started Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:59am by ellyr
2 4521 Last Post Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:10am
By: Indiana73
Normal Topic
When to Apply to CIA
Hey all -
I'm currently in grad school getting a tech degree, already have the bachelors.  I've been thinking of trying to get into the CIA's PTP, but I'm not sure when to apply.  I'm not sure if...

Started Apr 27th, 2009 at 7:43pm by ellyr
1 2933 Last Post Apr 27th, 2009 at 10:20pm
Normal Topic
Poly and NAC
I've heard that a failure on an FBI poly will turn up in their files on a National Agency Check.  Does a failure on other organizations (CIA, NSA, etc) poly have the same effect?

Started Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:43pm by superstar829
0 1588 Last Post Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:43pm
By: superstar829
Moved Topic
Moved: 'Will a CIA Full Scope poly be accepted at NSA'
This Topic has been moved to Polygraph Policy by Administrator
Normal Topic
Now what with my application
I have applied for the NCS position to be a case officer. I initially applied online and received a call from them in a 2 weeks. After I spoke with them they mailed me an application that I had to fil...

Started Apr 19th, 2009 at 5:04am by frankThomas
2 2440 Last Post Apr 22nd, 2009 at 9:48pm
By: tomrain
Normal Topic
Criminal Charges after Polygraph
OK, I must have been totally stupid to have gone ahead with the polygraph required for employment to the intelligence agency I had been working for while in the military, but I really thought that I w...

Started Oct 3rd, 2006 at 9:27am by MO_Bob
8 9664 Last Post Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:12pm
By: classact
Normal Topic
A way to pass the CIA Poly?
I have been reading all the polytest reviews of the CIA tests and I've come to one conclusion...
Everyone who reacts, freaks out, and yells, always get failed.
So what do anyone of you think...

Started Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:28am by Saintspader (Guest)
1 3831 Last Post Mar 11th, 2009 at 8:46am
By: Twoblock
Normal Topic
National Agency Check or NAC
I'm going to work on a military base and was told I'd be required to undergo a National Agency Check, however, no one told me what this consists of. I've lived quite a boring life, no arrests, no crim...

Started Jul 30th, 2006 at 4:21am by hrmaggie
3 13953 Last Post Mar 10th, 2009 at 12:56am
By: don judah (Guest)
Pages Pages: 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Intelligence Agency Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top