Normal Topic Denial (Read 2432 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dog town
New User

Denial
Aug 13th, 2009 at 2:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Recently denied TS/SCI with NSA as a civilian.  I was informed that due to the Privacy Act I signed at the beginning of the Polygraph, no information disclosed or discussed would be shared or revealed with other parties.  I am an active Reservist in the Navy, my Secret clearance I once held with DoD is now gone, with the investigation date being the same as my civilian investigation date for employment with the NSA.  Is this a violation of the Privacy Act?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: Denial
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 4:35am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Talk to attorney Mark Zaid.  He is in DC, and would probably have an answer for you.

Are you an agency civilian.  Note that they can't take employment action against you based soley on the polygraph charts.  What you say during the polygraph CAN be used.  The NSA polygraphers know this, and it explains why they will press and press you to say something (in between chart readings, or during the post test) they can blow out of proportion and twist into a disqualifying admission.  

I am a retired navy linguist.  I had an FBI espionage investigation started on me based soley on what was said during my preemployment poly at the NSA.  All because I had translated some stuff for the Taiwan Coordination Council in Honolulu.  All duly reported to my command SSO.

So they CAN pass on info from the polygraph is they think in their disorted misguided minds that a crime might have been committed,

Lesson:  Don't get led into saying shit during a polygraph, except that you've answered the questions truthfully with no deception, and that NOTHING is bothering you about your answer.  Let them shout, cajole, turn red in the face, call you a dirty liar, drool at the mouth, let out a big sigh and leave the room multiple times, but DO NOT give in.

Did you go to S.E.R.E. school?  The counter interrogation techniques you may have learned there apply to polygraphs.

Good Luck, TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Denial

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X