Polygraph Policy Polygraph Policy
How is the polygraph currently used by federal agencies like the FBI, CIA, NSA, NRO, DoD, DOE, DEA, BATFE, and U.S. Secret Service, as well as state and local agencies? What laws, regulations, and guidelines govern the use of polygraphs for screening, criminal investigations, administrative investigations, and other purposes?
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 1299
Pages Pages: 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
Richard A. Clarke Against Polygraph Screening
Former national counterterrorism coordinator Richard A. Clarke has publicly come out against pre-employment polygraph screening. In an open letter to Director of National Intelligence John D. Negropon...

Started May 22nd, 2005 at 6:20am by George W. Maschke
8 8208 Last Post Oct 31st, 2005 at 6:57pm
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
Denied Clearance....polygraph?
I got denied today for my interim security clearance. I am almost positive this is due to marijuana use in college. I still have a shot at my clearance, but this would entail the detailed background i...

Started Oct 26th, 2005 at 1:48am by detectTHIS
10 10864 Last Post Oct 28th, 2005 at 8:28am
By: Brandon Hall - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Asking about sealed records
Hi everyone,
I know that law enforcement agencies routinely ask prospective employees ask about past arrests. The problem is that sometimes the records of the arrests have been sealed, and the pe...

Started Oct 26th, 2005 at 2:22am by username
4 3422 Last Post Oct 27th, 2005 at 4:25am
By: username
Normal Topic
all fingers point at you!
Cry  don't feel bad nor sad you did not pass because he said so,feel great about yourself to know that you agree to do it because you know you are innocent,you did'nt have to prove it to them nor you...

Started Oct 22nd, 2005 at 12:39am by mramos
0 1219 Last Post Oct 22nd, 2005 at 3:39am
By: mramos
Normal Topic
Baltimore Tunnel Threat Assessed by Polygraph
Following closely upon the Intelligence Community's reliance on the pseudoscience of polygraphy to bolster the credibility of an informant who reported a bogus threat to the New York subway system, th...

Started Oct 19th, 2005 at 8:04am by George W. Maschke
1 2031 Last Post Oct 19th, 2005 at 10:11pm
Normal Topic
Another polygraph failure?
Below is a link to information found at thesmokinggun.com in regard to a man who managed to become naturalized as well as infiltrate US interests and receive a high level security clearance with use o...

Started Oct 19th, 2005 at 5:04am by Brandon Hall (Ex Member)
2 1605 Last Post Oct 19th, 2005 at 3:49pm
Normal Topic
National Agency Check
This topic has been moved to Intelligence Agency Applications, Hiring, and Employment by Administrator.

Started Oct 18th, 2005 at 9:34pm by Wallerstein
0 925 Last Post Oct 19th, 2005 at 12:34am
By: Wallerstein
Normal Topic
NYC Subway Terror Threat Assessed by Polygraph
ABC News today reports that Naval Intelligence and the CIA relied on polygraph results to assess the credibility of the source of recent information regarding a terrorist threat to the New York City s...

Started Oct 7th, 2005 at 5:40pm by George W. Maschke
5 2581 Last Post Oct 17th, 2005 at 9:44pm
Normal Topic
? about SCI access in relationship to polygraph
I just started a job I would like to keep, so I'm just wondering if polygraphs are required to keep the SCI access.

Started Oct 13th, 2005 at 11:37pm by jomamma
1 1387 Last Post Oct 17th, 2005 at 7:56am
Normal Topic
Indiana Inmate Kenneth Powers Fooled the Polygraph
[IMAGE]

Kenneth Powers Jr. admitting at a press conference that his confession to four murders was a hoax.

Last week, Kenneth Powers, Jr., a convict serving a 40-year term in Indiana, passed two polygrap...

Started Oct 12th, 2005 at 5:41am by George W. Maschke
1 4380 Last Post Oct 12th, 2005 at 9:11am
Normal Topic
"False Positives"
It's truly amazing how many "truthful" people frequent this website.  And just as amazing how many of them show up as deceptive on their polygraph examinations.  Sounds like you've found your niche Ma...

Started Oct 9th, 2005 at 4:40am by Eastwood
7 4654 Last Post Oct 12th, 2005 at 8:40am
By: classact
Normal Topic
FBI - polygraphy missed this guy !!
Shocked
Check this story out,  It appears the mighty polygraphers at the FBI seem to have passed another spy. So much for the polygraph catching and detering this type of activity. 
http://news....

Started Oct 6th, 2005 at 3:46am by EosJupiter
1 1588 Last Post Oct 6th, 2005 at 7:19am
Normal Topic
Polygraph Did Not Deter Larry A. Franklin
On Wednesday, 5 October 2005, Department of Defense analyst and U.S. Air Force Reserve colonel Dr. Larry Anthony Franklin pled guilty to a charge of conspiracy to communicate national defense informat...

Started Oct 6th, 2005 at 4:10am by George W. Maschke
0 1617 Last Post Oct 6th, 2005 at 7:10am
Normal Topic
Pittsburgh Fire Bureau's Polygraph Use Challenged
Pittsburgh Post Gazette reporter Richard Lord reports on a lawsuit against the Pittsburgh, PA Fire Bureau over its pre-employment polygraph screening practices:
Quote:
[size=13]
http://www.post-...

Started Sep 22nd, 2005 at 5:09am by George W. Maschke
10 9383 Last Post Oct 4th, 2005 at 9:09am
Normal Topic
Polygrapher Patrick J. Kelleher Guilty of DUI
This appears to be Petersburg, Virginia P.D. polygrapher Patrick J. Kelleher's second DUI conviction:
Quote:

[url]http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Common%2FMGArticle%2FPr...

Started Sep 29th, 2005 at 12:33pm by George W. Maschke
12 9190 Last Post Oct 4th, 2005 at 4:31am
By: polyfool
Normal Topic
asked to take a lie detector to clear myself (fire
Our home was set on fire about 30 days ago. We believe we know who did it. Gave all 3 agencies info on these people (local law, fire marshall, insurance company) we also gave them detailed info on whe...

Started Oct 3rd, 2005 at 8:09pm by kathy
2 2128 Last Post Oct 3rd, 2005 at 11:07pm
Normal Topic
You're Hurting Possibly Innocent People
Some use CM's because they are so wound up listening to malcontents that they don't feel they can pass simply by cooperating and being truthful.  Others have minor things they're worried about, that t...

Started Oct 2nd, 2005 at 5:11am by Eastwood
5 3116 Last Post Oct 2nd, 2005 at 9:58am
By: Smokey - Ex Member
Normal Topic
$210k DOJ Grant for Polygraph Reliability Study
Mark Karpf reports for the Daily Nebraskan:
Quote:
[size=13]http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/30/433cbbdcd2823
UNK gets grant for polygraph study
B...

Only four years ago, the Department of Energy spent roughly four times as much as the Department of Justice is now spending to fund a research revie

Started Oct 1st, 2005 at 2:35pm by George W. Maschke
0 1684 Last Post Oct 1st, 2005 at 5:35pm
Normal Topic
$1.75 mil DoD Polygraph Research Grant to BSU?
RuralNorthwest.com, in a 29 September 2005 article titled "Idaho Defense Projects Cleared by Committee," reports that among other things that the Senate Appropriations Committee has approved a $1.75 m...

Started Sep 30th, 2005 at 1:43pm by George W. Maschke
2 2629 Last Post Oct 1st, 2005 at 4:14am
By: Onesimus
Normal Topic
BTK Murder Victim's Husband Failed Polygraph Twice
In a segment titled, "BTK: Out Of The Shadows" that will air this Saturday, October 1st, CBS News 48 Hours Mystery reports, among other things, that Bill Wegerle, whose wife, Vicki, was strangled by B...

Started Sep 30th, 2005 at 4:10am by George W. Maschke
0 5013 Last Post Sep 30th, 2005 at 7:10am
Pages Pages: 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Polygraph Policy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top