Polygraph Policy Polygraph Policy
How is the polygraph currently used by federal agencies like the FBI, CIA, NSA, NRO, DoD, DOE, DEA, BATFE, and U.S. Secret Service, as well as state and local agencies? What laws, regulations, and guidelines govern the use of polygraphs for screening, criminal investigations, administrative investigations, and other purposes?
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 1299
Pages Pages: 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
Dept Of State
Do FBI polygraph results affect The Dept Of State/DSS hiring process?  Thank you for your assistance.

Started Jul 26th, 2010 at 2:54pm by Why Try (Ex Member)
4 2856 Last Post Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:00pm
By: Why Try - Ex Member
Normal Topic
is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ?
HI,
i need some info about a lab where i can practice the countermeasures preferred in Toronto Canda, can i get help from you guys about it asap,
thanks,
Ari

Started Apr 4th, 2010 at 1:19pm by ari5323
3 4438 Last Post Jul 1st, 2010 at 3:00pm
By: Sergeant1107
Normal Topic
Sometimes We Weep
"Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep."  Carl Sandberg
Often on this web site polygraphers are portrayed as heartless, mean, insensitive people who e...

Started Jul 12th, 2009 at 2:31pm by TS Elliot
4 3335 Last Post Jun 30th, 2010 at 12:56am
By: nomopolys4me
Normal Topic
FBI App process -- what should I do?
Here is my situation:
I graduated from college this year and decided I want to join the FBI. I applied for a job without thinking too much about the 3-year drug policy. I have used marijuana a co...

Started Feb 14th, 2010 at 6:44pm by mysecretname2
8 9869 Last Post Jun 2nd, 2010 at 11:35pm
By: Fair Chance
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Ex-FBI Special Agent and CIA Officer Nada Nadim Prouty Passed Pre-Employment Polygraphs Despite Fraudulently Obtaining U.S. Citizenship
[IMAGE]

Nada Nadim Prouty

On Tuesday, 13 November 2007, the U.S. Department of Justice announced, "Nada Nadim Prouty, a 37-year-old Lebanese national and resident of Vienna, Va., pleaded guilty today in the Eastern ...

Started Nov 14th, 2007 at 10:00am by George W. Maschke
« Pages 1 2 »
23 33470 Last Post Mar 30th, 2010 at 4:30pm
By: George W. Maschke
Normal Topic
FBI Searched Anthrax Mailings Suspect Bruce Ivins for Polygraph Countermeasure Information
It has been widely reported in the press that the late U.S. Army infectious disease researcher Dr. Bruce Ivins, whom the FBI has fingered as the perpetrator of the 2001 anthrax mailings, passed two...

Started Aug 8th, 2008 at 2:14am by George W. Maschke
14 17891 Last Post Mar 11th, 2010 at 2:45pm
Normal Topic
CIA Bomber Likely Passed Polygraph
ABC News reports that the suicide bomber who killed at least six CIA employees at Forward Operating Base Chapman in Khost, Afghanistan "was a regular CIA informant who had visited the same base multip...

Started Jan 3rd, 2010 at 9:01am by George W. Maschke
10 12487 Last Post Mar 2nd, 2010 at 2:39pm
Normal Topic
Probable CIA/FBI False Positive Led to Suicide
In The Fifty Year Wound: The True Price of America's Cold War Victory, (New York: Little, Brown & Co., 2002) Georgetown University professor Derek Leebaert relates, among other things, the story of Ja...

Started Mar 7th, 2006 at 4:08pm by George W. Maschke
2 9620 Last Post Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:24am
By: Juan-John
Normal Topic
Clearance denied, revoked, suspended, etc. soley based on Poly
Has anyone seen officially where a person currently holding a clearance was denied, revoked, suspended, etc. soley based on another agency's claim of failed poly and there were no admissions of any wr...

Started Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:59pm by imustbecrazy
0 1132 Last Post Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:59pm
By: imustbecrazy
Normal Topic
Question Aboout State Department Policy
Hi guys, found this site looking for some information and thought I'd see if anyone here can help me out. 
I was just wondering if the State Department issues polygraph tests for any reason. It's...

Started Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:04pm by stv85
0 1234 Last Post Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:04pm
By: stv85
Normal Topic
House of Mirrors? Polygraphers, why waste your time?
I usually don't bother posting anything on internet forums. Not even polygraph forums, even though I am a polygrapher. In the past I have sometimes become involved in internet forums, and I regret hav...

Started Jul 19th, 2009 at 3:48pm by Ms. Wonderful One
3 3328 Last Post Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:11am
By: Polypro Pauline
Normal Topic
I'm trying to pursue a career in LE myself and I had already decided that I wouldn't even apply at an agency that utilizes polygraphs. There are 2 facets of my personality that I am quite sure would label me a liar. First, I over-think everything. If y
I'm trying to pursue a career in LE myself and I had already decided that I wouldn't even apply at an agency that utilizes polygraphs.  There are 2 facets of my personality that I am quite sure would ...

Started Jan 26th, 2010 at 1:16am by WannabeLEO
1 1851 Last Post Jan 26th, 2010 at 7:01pm
By: Sergeant1107
Normal Topic
CIA Polygraph Division Seal Unveiled
Did you know that the CIA's Polygraph Division has its own seal? Here it is:
[IMAGE]

The sixteen-point stars are borrowed from the CIA seal. While the seal bears the motto "Seeking the Truth," this goal would be bet...

Started Jan 15th, 2010 at 2:34pm by George W. Maschke
2 6595 Last Post Jan 16th, 2010 at 6:48am
Normal Topic
BBC Interview
Last month, I was interviewed by Michael Rosen for a BBC radio program that is scheduled to air today, 12 January 2010, at 11:00 AM Eastern time:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qtnz
UPDATE: The pro...

Started Jan 12th, 2010 at 7:19am by George W. Maschke
1 2544 Last Post Jan 15th, 2010 at 2:18am
By: anonymouse
Normal Topic
FBI Thinks Military Service Makes You a Security Risk
As mentioned yesterday on the blog, an FBI polygraph operator told a veteran DIA intelligence officer that his "participation in Ranger, Airborne training, and combat duty (as well as his enjoyment of...

Started Jan 14th, 2010 at 1:16pm by George W. Maschke
1 1852 Last Post Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:51pm
By: getrealalready
Normal Topic
Interview with Scott Horton
As I've mentioned on the blog, last Wednesday (30 Dec. 2009) I was interviewed by Scott Horton of Antiwar Radio. The interview is available for on-line listening or download here:
http://antiwar....

Started Jan 5th, 2010 at 11:34am by George W. Maschke
0 1039 Last Post Jan 5th, 2010 at 11:34am
Normal Topic
FBI Polygraph Opinion, Thanks in Advance
Hi, 3 years ago I applied to an FBI internship. I was accepted into the internship but was told I would have to take a polygraph. I took the polygraph 2 times, both were ruled inconclusive. I also had...

Started Dec 16th, 2009 at 6:04pm by Caleb
2 2325 Last Post Dec 30th, 2009 at 10:12pm
By: RuinedOverCVSA
Normal Topic
Polygraph Operator Bruce Burgess Is a Liar
The UK's most celebrated polygraph operator, Bruce Burgess, has been found guilty of lying to police in an attempt to get out of a speeding ticket. He has been given a suspended 24-week prison sentenc...

Started Dec 2nd, 2009 at 4:41pm by George W. Maschke
0 1742 Last Post Dec 2nd, 2009 at 4:41pm
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Can FBI polygraph failure ruin your career in law enforcement?
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question... I am new to this website and forum, hopefully someone will answer me....here it goes....... 
If I end up taking the fbi polygraph and for som...

Started Apr 17th, 2009 at 5:42am by cbob
« Pages 1 2 »
17 31254 Last Post Nov 13th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Normal Topic
Stats regarding FBI applicant processing
Found this at:
http://www.clearancejobsblog.com/cleared-news/fbi-applicant-processing/
Quote:
In a September 15, 2009 written response to questions posed to the Director of the FBI following his March...

Are the poly numbers surprising to anyone?

Started Nov 11th, 2009 at 12:12am by imustbecrazy
2 2982 Last Post Nov 11th, 2009 at 6:25pm
By: Magnus
Pages Pages: 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Polygraph Policy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top