Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Upcoming poly and countermeasures (Read 9080 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sabo

Re: Upcoming poly and countermeasures
Reply #15 - Aug 23rd, 2001 at 5:45am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
This question may be obvious to you guys but I have read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector and understand the importance of distinguishing between control, relevant, and irrelevant questions, yet during a control question, it is known that the polygrapher is trying to decieve the examinee here through the question asked, however, it is not really stated how we are to answer these questions, noted that I would be using countermeasures.  Are we at admission at all during the control questions?  Ex..Have you cheated in school?  Obvious control question...would the correct method of countermeasuring be saying yes while administering these procedures?  Also, what if the truthful answer to that question was no.  What would the use of countermeasures be to the polygrapher (through reading of the charts) when our answer was no.  Maybe I am just a little confused.  Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wannabe
Ex Member

Re: Upcoming poly and countermeasures
Reply #16 - Aug 23rd, 2001 at 6:05am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Sabo,

The probable lie control question is a question the examiner  EXPECTS you to lie to thus giving the examiner a reference, as such if your physiological responce to the control question is greater or more pronounced than it is to a relevant question,(irrelevant questions are just that), then you would be considered truthful, that is barring any admissions the examiner may squeeze out of you in pre or post test interviews. So obviously you would answer no to the example you gave or the examiner would rephrase it to "other than what you've admitted to" , by answering no, the examiner would assume it to be a lie, so this is where a countermeasure would be applied if you were to choose to do so.   

This is just the way that I understand it, but I am by no means an expert, hope it helps though

IP Logged

Upcoming poly and countermeasures

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X