Normal Topic Hypnosis spoofs Poly? (Read 8950 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Rescue_Ranger
New User

Hypnosis spoofs Poly?
Jul 24th, 2001 at 5:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I watched an interesting demonstration of Hypnosis.  The subject person was told to over react to certain stimuli, and to under react to others.  The differences on and off the hypnotic suggestions were pretty interesting, and I don't think this subject was faking, as I know him.   

Would hypnosis be an effective method to intentionally spoof and further discredit examiners and the poly?  Could we use it to set up polygraphers for civil suits?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wannabe
Ex Member

Re: Hypnosis spoofs Poly?
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2001 at 7:37am
Ranger,

I don't believe anyone needs to "setup" polygraphers, the truth is there, the problem is the important people just refuse to act on it or admit it, (probably from what I've been reading), for lack of anything better to take it's place, so the innocent that suffer because of a faulty science are "acceptable losses"
What needs done is more people writing letters and making calls to thier elected representatives so that they can't ignore the obvious anymore.

just my 2 cents...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2001 at 6:30am
Quote:
Would hypnosis be an effective method to intentionally spoof and further discredit examiners and the poly?  

Rescue_Ranger, hypnosis is not necessary to defeat polygraph tests.  There are simple to learn techniques described in Chapter Four of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector that allow anyone to manipulate a polygraph "test" into a pass.

Unfortunately, civil suits against polygraphers are very difficult.  The way the laws are set up, it is currently very hard to sue a polygrapher for falsely branding you a liar.  Furthermore, lawsuits are always expensive.  On the other hand, getting a major television news program to do a hidden camera operation where deceptive individuals use polygraph countermeasures to “pass” polygraphs performed by prominent examiners would likely blow the doors off of polygraph trickery.  

Like Wannabe said, if you want to do something to put an end to this fraudulent practice, spend a half-hour composing and sending some paper mail (not e-mail) letters to your congressman and senators and the prominent representatives listed on our Get Involved page.  

Because use of the polygraph is already outlawed when dealing with private sector employees, very few people are left to be victimized by this chicanery.  This makes every single letter count.  George and I chose to offer our book at no cost because we genuinely believe that the job started by the 1988 Employee Polygraph Protection Act needs to be finished . The only thing we ask is that those who download the book send letters to representatives urging the closing of the loopholes in this law.  Unfortunately, although the book has been downloaded over 20,000 times, the “Get Involved” page has only been visited 1200 times (plus, not everyone actually sends the letters).  I encourage all who find AntiPolygraph.org to be a valuable resource to set aside some time this weekend to write some letters.  Once again every single letter counts .

The passage of a Comprehensive Polygraph Protection Act with provisions that require the purging of all polygraph records and reinstatement of employment applications of those who were wrongly denied employment would be the best solution to the problem at hand.   
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2001 at 8:45am by G Scalabr »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box wannabe
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2001 at 8:39am

Quote:

The way the laws are set up, it is currently very hard to sue a polygrapher for falsely branding you a lawyer.     

LOL I love the ?typo? here.....
and as soon as I complete my application you can bet I will be writing many letters...

IP Logged

Hypnosis spoofs Poly?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X