Normal Topic FOIPA request (Read 2073 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John (Guest)

FOIPA request
Jun 15th, 2001 at 6:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Curious if anyone has experience with a Freedom of Information Act request subsequent to a pre-employment polygraph failure.  How long did it take and what did you actually get??  The DOJ website states there are certain exemptions and exclusions under the FOIPA.  (See below)  Something tells me you ain't getting nothing about your polygraph results or whether they communicated your failure to the entire world!   ???Thanks.

The exemptions authorize federal agencies to withhold information covering: (1) classified national defense and foreign relations information; (2) internal agency rules and practices; (3) information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law; (4) trade secrets and other confidential business information; (5) inter-agency or intra-agency communications that are protected by legal privileges; (6) information involving matters of personal privacy; (7) certain types of information compiled for law enforcement purposes; (8) information relating to the supervision of financial institutions; and (9) geological information on wells. The three exclusions, which are rarely used, pertain to especially sensitive law enforcement and national security matters. Even if information may be withheld under the FOIA, the component still may disclose it as a matter of administrative discretion if that is not prohibited by any law and would not cause any foreseeable harm, although the component is not legally obligated to do so. The Justice Department strives to achieve maximum responsible information disclosure through this discretionary disclosure policy.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box False +
Senior User

FOIA is a joke
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2001 at 1:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
John,

My own personal experience with FOIA has been unsatisfactory. In my case, I wanted to obtain my polygraph report and all other documents pertaining to me from the CIA. I was rebuffed swiftly with a letter stating essentially that CIA is exempt from many laws about divulging information they have on applicants. I didn't get squat from them.

Admittedly, others have had better experiences, but I know that making FOIA requests to obtain polygraph reports is no trivial matter. These requests are made to federal agencies who are fully aware of their power.

Good luck.

IP Logged

FOIPA request

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X