Normal Topic I've gotten TWO inconclusive results!!  What now? (Read 3750 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box State Police Applicant

I've gotten TWO inconclusive results!!  What now?
Jun 9th, 2001 at 12:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I've passed everything else and this is potentially the only thing holding me back.  Will it?  I shudder to think of another exam in my future...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box disapointed mom

Re: I've gotten TWO inconclusive results!!  What n
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2001 at 3:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello
I just wanted to let you know that having two inconclusive poly results will probably hold you back from a job in law enforcement.  My son, had one test where they claimed he was using countermeasures and another test that was inconclusive.  Now, this young man would have never known how to use countermeasures and did not make any attempt to do so.  Yet the test said that he was employing them.  The inconclusive test showed no countermeasures, just that it was inconclusive.  I will never understand this!   
The best part is that the department he processed with has not notified him now 3 months after taking the inconclusive test.  He just is in limbo.  He provided documenrty edivence that the question they grilled him on was not an issue he was involved in.  He was able to proove this with several items that made it quite clear that the situation was a misunderstanding and nothing more.  Yet, the department he was applying to has choosen to leave this qualified young man in limbo.  I would think that they should by law be required to send these applicants the results of the poly test they take.  He just assumed that the result of the second one was inconclusive as the examiner kept asking the same question over and over.  He never did tell him one way or the other.   
I question any department who keeps qualified applicants hanging for over 1 1/2 years without any end. I question any department for not having the commom courtesy to answer calls from applicants who wait by the mail box on a daily basis.  I question any department who will not look at documentry information provided and trust a polygraph test instead.  What in the world are these departments thinking ???  I am convinced that the only people who could pass these stupied test are those who are perfect liars, or those who have no conciences.
Good luck to you, I hope your experience will be bettr than my sons.  A note, my son has moved on with his life and found a wonderful job doing something that he has a God given tallent for.  Sometimes, you must thank God for un answered prayers!!!!!
Be safe and God blessyou!
A Mom

IP Logged

I've gotten TWO inconclusive results!!  What now?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X