Normal Topic www.polygraphplace.com (Read 6517 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

www.polygraphplace.com
Jun 4th, 2001 at 9:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Just wanted to know why people don't post on this pro-polygraph site and also vice versa?  I post both places all the time yet never see anyone from this site.  I get them pissed at me a lot.  This is just a question that I have always wondered and maybe you guys have posted before and the war is over.  Just curious.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Re: www.polygraphplace.com
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2001 at 11:05pm
Nate,

Regarding your post:

“Just wanted to know why people don't post on this pro-polygraph site and also vice versa?  I post both places all the time yet never see anyone from this site.  I get them pissed at me a lot.  This is just a question that I have always wondered and maybe you guys have posted before and the war is over.  Just curious.”

You ask about two groups of individuals: those who routinely post on this site and those who routinely post on a pro-polygraph site, e.g., www.polygraphplace.com, one that you routinely post on.  You ask why individuals from these two communities do not post on one another’s sites.  In fact, several individuals who routinely post on this site did formerly post on the www.polygraphplace.com site only to have their posts/threads removed when the polygraph community found itself badly losing various debated topics.  Although anyone is free (and, in fact, encouraged) to post on this site, I suspect that the lack of interest in pro-polygraph individuals doing so is, again, simply a reflection of their distaste for truly examining issues through open debate.  I am afraid, my young friend, that although perhaps respected in some sense by those whose pro-polygraph sites you post on, you are not yet of sufficient knowledge, experience and background so as to be viewed as a threat by them.  When you do obtain that stature and level of recognition, expect to have your posts deleted as well….

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2001 at 12:59am
I figured that was the case.  I could easily quote many things from this site but refuse to because it go no where and more than likely just end up getting deleted as you stated.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2001 at 5:34am
Quote:
In fact, several individuals who routinely post on this site did formerly post on the www.polygraphplace.com site only to have their posts/threads removed when the polygraph community found itself badly losing various debated topics.  

Nate, "Anonymous" is correct here.  A number of individuals attempted to respectfully represent the anti-polygraph point of view on the Polygraphplace.com message board, only to have their posts deleted.

The following link describes the experiences of the "Shropshire Lad," who had his posts on Polygraphplace.com deleted.  I just transferred it over from www.nopolygraph.com, which is merging into AntiPolygraph.org in the next few weeks.

http://www.antipolygraph.org/shrop_chron.shtml

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding why they have  "Accuracy/Validity:  How accurate is the polygraph?" board their forum. It seems kind of pointless to have this discussion when without those who respectfully argue that the polygraph is not accurate/valid.  In my opinion, truly productive discussion cannot happen unless all sides of an issue are represented.  Unfortunately, it appears that those at Polygraph Place do not feel the same.

Also, you may wish to check out my 
Response to Elmer Criswell of PolygraphPlace.com

I wrote this post in response to some things that were being said on the PolygraphPlace.com discussion about an un-named "anti-polygraph site" (which appears to be AntiPolygraph.org).  As I said in the opening of the post, I chose to respond on our bulletin board because of the censorship at PolygraphPlace.com and the owner of that site’s request that "all posts on the site must be grounded in the idea that 'the polygraph has its rightful place in the community.'"   Since I do not feel that the polygraph has a rightful place anywhere besides a museum, none of my posts could possibly be grounded in this assertion.  

Regrettably, only two polygraphers (Gordon Barland and Ray Lattimer) regularly post to this message board. In my response to Elmer Criswell, I encouraged the polygraphers at Polygraph Place to post to our site, and gave my assurance that their posts would not be deleted.  So far, it appears that none of them have chosen to take me up on this offer.

« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2001 at 6:34pm by G Scalabr »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2001 at 5:20am

Nate wrote on Jun 4th, 2001 at 9:19pm:

Just wanted to know why people don't post on this pro-polygraph site and also vice versa?  I post both places all the time yet never see anyone from this site.  I get them pissed at me a lot.  This is just a question that I have always wondered and maybe you guys have posted before and the war is over.  Just curious.

Nate,

When I registered with the PolygraphPlace.com message board last year, Ralph Hilliard, who operates the site, promptly deleted my posts and my account.

Those who visit PolygraphPlace.com's message board should be aware that it is a censored forum (unlike AntiPolygraph.org, where all points of view are welcome).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

www.polygraphplace.com

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X