Normal Topic theft polygraph program:help!!!!!!! (Read 6210 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tterrall
New User

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

theft polygraph program:help!!!!!!!
May 16th, 2001 at 1:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was recently charged with a misdemeanor charge of theft.  Because it was my first charge, I had the option to enter the theft polygraph program, and have all the charges dropped.  If I didn't agree to enter the program, the maximum sentence would be imposed on me.  I am now in the program.  I have to make a list of all the places and people I have stolen from in the last 3 years(I am 18 years old), and list the value.  I will then have to take a polygraph to ensure that my list is incomplete.  If I fail, I will also be given the maximum sentence.  I cannot download the book so that I can use countermeasures to ensure that I pass the polygraph.  Please tell me some really good methods I can use to pass this test.  I am desperate!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: theft polygraph program:help!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2001 at 9:25am
Why can't you download The Lie Behind the Lie Detector? Note that you'll need the free program Acrobat Reader to view and print it.

You can also browse The Lie Behind the Lie Detector on-line in HTML format, instead of downloading the PDF file, at:

http://antipolygraph.org/the_lie_behind_the_lie_detector/the_lie.html

Chapter 3 explains how the trickery on which these "tests" depend, and Chapter 4 explains how to pass them. However, our advice to persons who stand accused of a crime is to refuse to submit to any polygraph "test." Passing will not necessarily remove suspicion, while failing (whether one has been truthful or not) will only tend to confirm guilt in the investigator's mind.

If you fail the "test," you will face the maximum sentence on the original misdemeanor charge. And presumably, you will at that point have provided a signed confession to other crimes with which you could also be charged. I suggest you seek the advice of a good criminal defense lawyer.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2001 at 4:53pm
I agree with George 100%.  The question I have is were you 17 when you got caught for theft? Also, who is administrating this "polygraph program"?  If it is the police detective working the case, he has absolutely no power to decide #1 whether to press charges and #2 what sentencing (maximum) to "recommend", and #3 what that sentence will be even if the recommendation is for the maximum.  If it is the District Attorney asking for the polygraph program than they might be able to recommend the maximum punishment but ultimately this is up to the judge not the DA, and if this is your first time in trouble, you won't qualify for a JCF or correctional facility.  Worst case scenario, probation but more than likely restitution and maybe community service hours. After this is done, try to get it expunged (as long as this is your first offense adjudicated on).  It seems to me this "polygraph program" is just a tactic to getting you to confess to things so that they can use against you.  The purpose of this program is to get your offense expunged but you can do that after case has been closed anyhow!  My advice is to decline it because "I am guilty of this one crime, and I should pay my consequences".  As you can see your consequences won't be much as long as you don't re-offend again.  Best advise, hire a lawyer and don't do the polygraph program.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2001 at 2:10am
tterrall,

It is very important, as George and Nate have told you, to get a defense lawyer IMMEDIATELY!. This "program" could ruin you in the long run and appears to be a way to extract a confession from you. 

Did the investigators ever read you your rights? If so you had the right to remain silent and seek counsel. They have to admonish you of this fact before they can make you answer.

Good Luck 

Fred F.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Clark Kent

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2001 at 2:38am

"Please tell me some really good methods I can use to pass this test.  I am desperate!!!!!!!!"

Try telling the truth. It works wonders.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2001 at 10:57am
Clark Kent,

Telling the truth would be a good way to pass a polygraph interrogation only if the procedure were a valid diagnostic test with a knowable accuracy rate that was proven by peer-reviewed scientific research to be much better than chance. As it is, "control" question "test" polygraphy lacks both standardization and control: it is not a valid "test" at all, and its field application is unsupported by peer-reviewed scientific research. Those who simply tell the truth during a polygraph interrogation, as you suggest, run a considerable risk of being falsely accused of deception.

The polygraph community, and especially the American Polygraph Association (whose motto is "DEDICATED TO TRUTH") might do well to publicly tell the truth about the trickery on which your fraudulent art depends. It would be most entertaining to behold the wonders that would thereby be worked!

Cheesy

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2001 at 4:57pm
SUPERMAN:"Try telling the truth. It works wonders."

NATE:I don't get what you mean?  If you tell the absolute truth on the control questions you will fail every time or at best get “inconclusive” results.  You have to lie on the control question in order to make (hopefully) a larger response than on the relevant questions.  I have taken 3 polygraph exams.  On the one that I told the truth on "ALL" questions I failed.  On the last exam that I passed I agreed "by the advice of the polygraph examiner" to lie on the control questions and I passed.  You don't make any sense in your statement.

By the way, how's the back Clark?

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

theft polygraph program:help!!!!!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X