Normal Topic Polygraph samples (Read 3943 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box matrix8
New User

Polygraph samples
May 3rd, 2001 at 4:37am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Greetings,
    I am an Electrical Engineer and am looking for "Polygraph samples". This would include the paper "strip charts" or the newer electronic "trend charts" (copy of software reading?). I am looking for the analysis reports that would normally accompany the charts. In other words: This type of trend line is a supposed "lie", and this type of  trend line is supposed truth. It seems to me that this information would be available someplace. Maybe an anonymous donor, or contacting polygraph manufactures directly for sample readings? Thanks in advance!
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nate
User

Re: Polygraph samples
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2001 at 4:56pm
If you ask real polygraph examiners for this they will laugh at you.  I don't know if this true, but they say  you won't be able to understand the lines because you need like a billion hours of training blah blah blah.  Go to polygraphplace.com and ask this same question and I bet they answer you this way.  It also might help you to understand what Relevant, Control, and Irrelevant questions are when looking at the responses on the charts.  Try reading the free book on this site, "The Lie Behind the Lie Detector" some knowledge on the subject.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods" &&&&-Albert Einstein &&
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2001 at 5:45pm
I don't know where you might find complete polygrams (polygraph charts), but for illustrations of physiological reactions extracted from real charts, see Reid, John E. and Fred E. Inbau. Truth and Deception: The Polygraph ("Lie-Detector") Technique. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins Co., 1966.

For rather crude illustrations of patterns which, according to Department of Defense Polygraph Institute (DoDPI) doctrine, reflect significant physiological responses, see the DoDPI document, "Test Data Analysis," which you can download as a PDF file or browse in HTML format at:

http://antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi-test-data-analysis.pdf

http://antipolygraph.org/documents/dodpi_test_data_analysis/dodpi_analysis.html

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gordon H. Barland
Senior User

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2001 at 4:01pm
Matrix8, it would be helpful to know what you wish to do with the data, and what your situation is.  If you're thinking of developing new ways of analyzing the data, you may wish to submit a grant proposal to the DoD Polygraph Institute or other funding institutions.  If you're working on a Government grant, you are likely to get help from the polygraph community.

If you are at a university, you may be able to get appropriate data from a psychophysiologist in the Psychology Department or the Dept. of Bioengineering.

There is no such thing as a "lie reaction" -- a reaction which occurs every time a person lies and never under any other circumstances.  Nor a "truth reaction."  The reactions are generic short term physiological arousals, caused by any of a large number of stimuli such as being asked a question.  As George Maschke has often pointed out in other threads, the key issue is not so much what the reactions look like, but which questions they are occuring at.  The decision as to whether a person is telling the truth or not is an inference predicated upon a carefully constructed test protocol and appropriate testing conditions designed to eliminate or control competing sources of arousal.

Thus, generic physiological data showing short term arousal patterns may be adequate for your purposes, depending upon what your goal is.  If you provide additional details, I may be able to provide additional suggestions.

Gordon H. Barland
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KrazyKat (Guest)

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2002 at 9:23am
8) Hello...I am also interested in finding "polygraph samples"  My son is doing a school project and this would be very benificial to his project if he had samples and such ...please help...I have searched everything possible..

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Broken
New User

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2002 at 12:02am
If I ask my polygrapher for them, is he supposed to give them to me?

IP Logged

Polygraph samples

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X