Normal Topic USSS Current Hiring Policies/Need help quick (Read 63543 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yadayada
New User

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

USSS Current Hiring Policies/Need help quick
Apr 2nd, 2001 at 11:21pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anyone out there have any inside knowledge concerning the Secret Service hiring panel decisions?  I was told I passed my polygraph back in October, 2000.  I assume I indeed passed as my background check began shortly thereafter.  The SA conducting my local background check advised that he was told to finish the investigation before Christmas 2000.  I then waited 3 months without hearing from the Secret Service.  I finally contacted the local ASAC at the office from which I am being processed.  The ASAC advised a day later that I should soon be receiving the dreaded BQA (better qualified applicant)letter as he had been advised the letter was already posted.  The ASAC was very polite but advised it was out of his hands as the decisions are made by a hiring panel in Washington.  He further advised that he was surprised considering my education and work experience.  I asked if I had any recourse and the ASAC advised that I would have to take that up with Washington following receipt of the BQA letter as the letter would have a further explanation which he was not privy to.  It has been over two weeks and I still have not received the BQA letter.  Does anyone know the current hiring policies in place with USSS?  What sort of people (background, experience, education etc.) are they currently looking for.  A friend and SA recently told me that the big push to hire new SA's is over as the ranks are getting filled and that now the trend is to fill the uniformed division.  Any merit to this?  Is there any recourse to a BQA decision (challenge, appeal etc.)?  Any thoughts or help would be sincerely appreciated.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Nec
New User

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Re: USSS Current Hiring Policies/Need help quick
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2001 at 2:55am
HEY DUDE WHY DON'T YOU GO ON FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION, SO YOU COULD SEE AND ANWER YOU'RE OWN QUESTIONS. DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOU DOWN LIKE THEY DID.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Cheyenne War Horse
New User

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2001 at 11:34am

Does anyone out there have any inside knowledge concerning the Secret Service hiring panel decisions?  I was told I passed my polygraph back in October, 2000.  I assume I indeed passed as my background check began shortly thereafter.  The SA conducting my local background check advised that he was told to finish the investigation before Christmas 2000.  

Yadayada, aniin or greetings in Chippewa,
I was reading of your dilemna and thought back on my Criminal Background check.It took a while.It was for my work as a Recognized Speaker for my Tribe.To represent the ICWA Board.Indian Child Welfare Act Laws. It is pretty wonderful to stand for a Nation. Any Cases are bound over to the proper jurisdiction and the FBI was my trusted and faithful Law Enforcement Jurisdiction for the Major Crimes Act. 1885. Then the Assimilative Crimes Act. You have to know these Laws for Federal Trust responsibility to the Tribes. They flat get out there and rock and roll.

Any LEO or Fed meaning FBI and BATF and SS and DEA will tell you the toughest job out there is the "Rez". They cannot teach "reading sign" at Quantico in the "Ndn way". They play real rough at the Rez.They have their own language and own way of communicating.Mostly they don't like LE. 

We had trouble years ago and it was very serious and the Secret Service was called in.The American Indian Movement was there also.A tense and scary time as the Tribal Leader and a Council member was arrested by the SS for Money Laundering and Organized Crime and Racketeering.

Anyway? The SS after the Case was over put an Ad in the Tribal Newspaper and to do recruiting.I was so happy and called the Secret Service to thank them for encouraging our young people to be "warriors" for the Secret Service.Now I am worried none of the young adults who might apply to the SS will even make it.They are from deeply poverty stricken Tribes and generations of it and physically not strong either.But they are so smart and way beyond their years.I wish I could open a Top Gun School and have Quantico involved in the teachings and the BIA Police involved. I believe in our young people and I believe in the FBI and the SS and DEA and BATF.They are the top dawgs who run in the Pack and they are the best "dancers" in the Country.

I met about 50 Secret Service Agents back in the 70's.I was out with my friends and they showed up enmasse. We danced and they were perfect gentleman and they were from all parts of the Country.No American Indian SS women for sure.

I think you should keep trying or try another Jurisdiction of Federal Law Enforcement.Will they transfer the Files for you? 

Don't give up on your dream.I am over the hiring limit and have wanted to be an FBI Agent for @ 25 years. I would have paid them to hire me but I am way poor. I still wanted to be an American Indian Special Agent for the FBI but it is time to quit lying to myself. The biggest lies we tell are the ones to ourselves.They hurt my feelings because they were so darn mean about it.But I get it.I don't have it and never will.I wanted our young people to dream and become FBI and Secret Service. They know they are the top gun warriors for the Govt. I shall continue to encourage them into service with the Govt. and Tribal Leadership.
CWH......American Indian

Having been where no War Horse has ever been before? I wish to make a statement to the Press."Gosh I am tired".End quote".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box JP

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2002 at 1:41am
I just received a copy of my file from USSS thru the FOIA/Privacy Act. However, it really contains no info other than that I showed a significant reaction to a releveant question on the poly.   Has anyone out there been successful in obtain copies of the actual charts and the audiotape?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Carlos

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2002 at 6:03am
Does anyone have any  idea how long it takes for the USSS to get back to you with your poly results? I would appreciate any responses

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gman992
New User

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2003 at 7:21pm
The trend is to hire new applicants to fill the ranks of the UD-uniformed division--mainly because of all the stress regarding the fallout of 911. Many of the UD guys are transfering over to the new Transportation Security Agency because of the  stress it involves protecting high profile targets and buildings. I have even read that they are taking cadets straight out of the academy and putting them on Protective details when usually they just go straight to the field and get some on-the-job training before they are even considered for protective details.

There was a series of good articles on the USSS in US News and World Report a couple of months ago that explained it all.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box L. Kelly

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2003 at 11:14pm
Does anyone know how long it takes for the background check?  And how does a special agents life affect the spouse and child?

IP Logged

USSS Current Hiring Policies/Need help quick

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X